Check your account email address ×

IMF thinks your credit score should be tied to...

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Jesus fuck these people are insane.  Let's completely ignore what has made traditional lending successful.  

data from your browsing, search, and purchase history to create a more accurate mechanism for determining the credit rating of an individual or business. They believe that this approach could result in greater lending to borrowers who would potentially be denied by traditional financial institutions.

1 minute ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I don’t think the current method of credit score valuation can get anymore rigged or corrupt. 

What part of current credit score do you see as riged ? 

You pay your bills don't pay late don't hold to much debt you sit good 

You hold a lot if debt you don't pay or pay late like real late and you are fucked 

Or you only pay cash and hold zero debt you have no history again sort of fucked.

Again I don't see the rigged part 

3 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

What part of current credit score do you see as riged ? 

You pay your bills don't pay late don't hold to much debt you sit good 

You hold a lot if debt you don't pay or pay late like real late and you are fucked 

Or you only pay cash and hold zero debt you have no history again sort of fucked.

Again I don't see the rigged part 

This is the part of "building a credit score" that is so incredibly stupid. 

8 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

It really is a bizarre system. I took out a Lowe’s credit card because I got 25% off a water heater purchase. Despite the hard pull notation from a credit bureau, my score went up 10 points two months later. It went back down 15 points when I cancelled the card. 

9 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

I get it but if you have no verified history you have no history. 

Not hard to get a card and use it and pay it if you want to build a score . I was a cash guy for a long time including property's.  My first 2 slums were CD direct from owner and I paid owner in work or cash . Only way I was able to pay Ballon was the equity I had built cuz I had zero history . All I knew about money then was how to spend it 

2 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

It really is a bizarre system. I took out a Lowe’s credit card because I got 25% off a water heater purchase. Despite the hard pull notation from a credit bureau, my score went up 10 points two months later. It went back down 15 points when I cancelled the card. 

Hard pull for a store card? 

It went down prib because you have very few cards and your available credit went down .

I hold 3 and keep a revolving balance on 1 from 5 to 50k every mo 

The other 2 I try to keep a small 5 to 30 buck revolving  balance . My score it about as high as you can get has been for yrs 

2 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Yep. You basically have to posses a credit card/line of credit, or at the minimum have a secured credit or debit card. 

Yep and any ass hole can get a card I'm about 10 min .

I get a lot of stuff from points on my main card I use for work that I would not get using cash . I pay it off most every mo . If not it is because a job is not done or been paid but would rather use the cards money than have to have that kind of liquid Cash in a checking account .

I do use a card I have to pay for every year but that money is deductible 

2 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Hard pull for a store card? 

It went down prib because you have very few cards and your available credit went down .

I hold 3 and keep a revolving balance on 1 from 5 to 50k every mo 

The other 2 I try to keep a small 5 to 30 buck revolving  balance . My score it about as high as you can get has been for yrs 

Im quite good at playing the credit score game and have a few cards. Taking advantage of the 0% interest on transfers for 18 months on two cards.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
10 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Im quite good at playing the credit score game and have a few cards. Taking advantage of the 0% interest on transfers for 18 months on two cards.  

Do you carry enough debt on cards for that to even matter?

• Like 1

I find it annoying the amount of people we know that have felt no ill effects from staying in their house without paying and walking away from it when the economy crashed.  We continued to pay on our house when it lost half of its value .   

2 minutes ago, Cold War said:

I find it annoying the amount of people we know that have felt no ill effects from staying in their house without paying and walking away from it when the economy crashed.  We continued to pay on our house when it lost half of its value .   

That was 12 years ago. You can totally destroy your credit and be all fine and dandy 7 years later.  I destroyed my credit in 2011 and have about a 730 now.

15 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I dont like to carry any balances longer than needed . Like I said only real balances I hold are work shit and if a lare balance is coming due from a  job I will get a draw to pay it . 

13 minutes ago, Fireball 440 said:

That was 12 years ago. You can totally destroy your credit and be all fine and dandy 7 years later.  I destroyed my credit in 2011 and have about a 730 now.

Every one said that,  but I think it was mostly forgiven.  we have friends that stayed in their house for 2 years without paying. 
1-2 years later they were all in nicer houses for half the price.   

19 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Just because your home drops in value, doesn't mean the mortgage payments stop coming. I see what you're saying, there's alot of people out there with no pride or conscience, they just don't give a shit. When Mr. and Mrs. Joe Blow homeowner sees the banks getting bailed out and they get nothing, I can see why some of those people feel that way.

5 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Just because your home drops in value, doesn't mean the mortgage payments stop coming. I see what you're saying, there's alot of people out there with no pride or conscience, they just don't give a shit. When Mr. and Mrs. Joe Blow homeowner sees the banks getting bailed out and they get nothing, I can see why some of those people feel that way.

Yep.   That is the way I looked at.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fireball 440 said:

Don't know about other areas but here home values are high right now. The county assessed my house at a price higher than what I would sell it for.

No doubt, home values are booming. I live in a highly sought after school district with homes in the range of 250k - 400k. In the last few years when a home here goes on the market, most of them are sold before they put the sign on the lawn and most of them have bidding wars. 

26 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

I dont like to carry any balances longer than needed . Like I said only real balances I hold are work shit and if a lare balance is coming due from a  job I will get a draw to pay it . 

I’ve been buying and selling motorcycles and a few autos. I typically use unsecured auto loans from suntrust for low interest. Anything carried over I flip into a 0% credit card. I never use my own money. 

7 minutes ago, Fireball 440 said:

Don't know about other areas but here home values are high right now. The county assessed my house at a price higher than what I would sell it for.

Same in our area  We are back in a good place now.   My neighbors are looking for a new house.  I have never seen so few houses on the market.  Not a lot of options,  so homes are going fast. 

Just now, Cold War said:

Same in our area  We are back in a good place now.   My neighbors are looking for a new house.  I have never seen so few houses on the market.  Not a lot of options,  so homes are going fast. 

Homes in my area are sold before the yard sign goes up. 

5 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Homes in my area are sold before the yard sign goes up. 

That is what I feel is happening here. Agents already have buyers lined up . Gone before they hit the market.