Check your account email address ×

Trail issues?

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Best we can do is pass information around then if someone on here or another site knows a rider who violates how landowners want their property used then deal with that person directly.   I know its likely to help more than you calling landowners Karen's.   Not smart.

I’m not calling land owners Karens I’m calling the people Who post on Facebook or the several on this site that keep talking about this issue the Karen’s. Like I said people are people they are going to be assholes no matter what you do. I just shake my head for the most part but sitting on Facebook or on freedom slider complaining about people riding around a sign or throwing letter on the ground isn’t going to change people and the last time I looked trying to tell anybody in this world that they shouldn’t do some thing anymore is a bad thing. People are off their rocker I can guarantee you if anybody told the people that were throwing trash into that fire out on anchor Bay it would’ve turned into a brawl. 

Just now, Fireball 440 said:

Well dumbfuck, Karen owns the land so there's that.

I’m not talking about the landowners. I’m talking about all the people that are out there doing the Karen complaining on behalf of the land owners.I’m not talking about the landowners. 

Just now, jtssrx said:

I’m not calling land owners Karens I’m calling the people Who post on Facebook or the several on this site that keep talking about this issue the Karen’s. Like I said people are people they are going to be assholes no matter what you do. I just shake my head for the most part but sitting on Facebook or on freedom slider complaining about people riding around a sign or throwing letter on the ground isn’t going to change people and the last time I looked trying to tell anybody in this world that they shouldn’t do some thing anymore is a bad thing. People are off their rocker I can guarantee you if anybody told the people that were throwing trash into that fire out on anchor Bay it would’ve turned into a brawl. 

Ok Karen...

:lol:

Screenshot_20210224-071000_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jtssrx said:

Nope I don’t dumbfuck. I clearly said the “pictures Ive seen posted” show people riding around a sign. Never said I do it. I know you’re not smart enough to know the difference Tora Bora

You're an idiot.

You have taken to this Karen thing like no one has a right to say anything about anyone. Even if it adversely affects our sport, you have to be a dick about it.

Only thing worse than a Karen is a Dick.

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

Talk about missing the point.   Pretty sure its about trail closures and not a single person riding around a sign.

Fuckin send Karen out there to handle it then, or just keep throwing trash at the fire. Dumbass.

I’m not talking about the landowners. I’m talking about all the people that are out there doing the Karen complaining on behalf of the land owners.I’m not talking about the landowners. 

Sure thing Dick.

1 minute ago, Snake said:

You're an idiot.

You have taken to this Karen thing like no one has a right to say anything about anyone. Even if it adversely affects our sport, you have to be a dick about it.

Only thing worse than a Karen is a Dick.

I want you to explain to me how talking about this on this site it’s going to change anything?

3 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

You’re not going to change people

A call into the DNR about mass littering at an event might change a few persons minds.

A call to the local snowmobile club to shut down a trail might change a few persons minds.

You however, are not changing anybody's minds about the world being flat or anything else, nevermind anything snowmobile related.

3 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

I want you to explain to me how talking about this on this site it’s going to change anything?

I was asking if any other ACTIVE club members were having the same issues and now I am a "karen", I am one of the ones that gets a fucking phone call in the middle of the fucking night over some asshole and has to deal with it. Please refrain from riding in NY

I think it is obvious to everyone that landowners need to be respected when using their property for a trail.  Some landowners are very forgiving, some landowners need constant catering to and are very demanding.  As an active trail member and one time trail boss, I have seen both, but the big picture is that we need to respect their generosity no matter how concerned they are when it comes to the trail.  I have been called more than 2 dozen times regarding trail issues this year, and not one landowner was threatening to close the trail across their property.  I believe the landowners we have understand that it is not the local trail riders, but usually out of the area people just out having fun.  Some of the issues are due to the fact that maybe the trail was not marked as well as it should, others are just people not paying attention.  Either way we all know how difficult it can be to keep a trail and when there is just one snowmobile track, others do seem to follow it.  Hopefully we are all on the same page regarding landowners.

Edited by racer254
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fireball 440 said:

A call into the DNR about mass littering at an event might change a few persons minds.

A call to the local snowmobile club to shut down a trail might change a few persons minds.

You however, are not changing anybody's minds about the world being flat or anything else, nevermind anything snowmobile related.

You want to Hear something crazy. The DNR came out there on Sunday they were more interested in writing ice fishermen tickets for using old snowmobiles two pole their fishing gear out to their Shanny then they were about the people littering on the ice. They completely ignored that fire pit they were actually parked 10 feet from it and did nothing about it true fucking story

3 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

I was asking if any other ACTIVE club members were having the same issues and now I am a "karen", I am one of the ones that gets a fucking phone call in the middle of the fucking night over some asshole and has to deal with it. Please refrain from riding in NY

I’m running right over to ride!! Lmao 😂 

Just now, jtssrx said:

You want to Hear something crazy. The DNR came out there on Sunday they were more interested in writing ice fishermen tickets for using old snowmobiles two pole their fishing gear out to their Shanny then they were about the people littering on the ice. They completely ignored that fire pit they were actually parked 10 feet from it and did nothing about it true fucking story

Well I guess it's ok then just keep throwing your trash in the fire and riding around those No Trespassing signs because only whiners and crybabies are affected.

A couple years ago guy I know decided he was going to tear up a farmers field. Me and my other bud stayed on the road. He runs right into this giant manure pile, and here comes farmer guy bitching up a storm, until he realized what happened and just busts out laughing. Entire sled and gear just covered in shit. 
Karma. :lol: 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Edmo said:

A couple years ago guy I know decided he was going to tear up a farmers field. Me and my other bud stayed on the road. He runs right into this giant manure pile, and here comes farmer guy bitching up a storm, until he realized what happened and just busts out laughing. Entire sled and gear just covered in shit. 
Karma. :lol: 

I still would have called the Sherriff, get that "shit" documented and on that assholes record.  I'm glad his buddies had more common sense and a good laugh.

6 minutes ago, Fireball 440 said:

Well I guess it's ok then just keep throwing your trash in the fire and riding around those No Trespassing signs because only whiners and crybabies are affected.

Actually people are going to keep throwing trash in the fire and driving around the signs you guys can post until the cows come home on here on Facebook where ever you’re not gonna change people.

5 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

Actually people are going to keep throwing trash in the fire and driving around the signs you guys can post until the cows come home on here on Facebook where ever you’re not gonna change people.

What if I put up BLM signs next to the Stay On Trail and No Trespassing signs?  That will make it a hate crime, facebook and the interwebs would explode then.

• Like 1