Check your account email address ×

Nanobodies To Fight COVID 19

• Platinum Contributing Member

Great read and very cool research and breakthrough to treat COVID 19 and other respiratory born illnesses in the future.

https://nano-magazine.com/news/2021/2/8/researchers-engineer-a-tiny-antibody-capable-of-neutralizing-coronavirus

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Still have to quarantine, social distance and wear masks though....scuttling small businesses and economic growth.

The science is settled.

Did you even read it? 

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Did you even read it? 

Did you?  I missed your highlighted sections that you thought worthy of discussion here.

Or, is this just another PSA or otherwise something newsworthy you demand everyone read?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ACE said:

It’s hardly a cold for most. You want to fight the rones? Eat better and exercise. 

Used to think that. My bud from work is a healthy 52 year old non smoker. Active type. He never gets sick. Except he's had such a bad cough for the past 10 days he can't talk and has needed two ambulance rides to the ER in the last 5 days.

It's roulette. 

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

Used to think that. My bud from work is a healthy 52 year old non smoker. Active type. He never gets sick. Except he's had such a bad cough for the past 10 days he can't talk and has needed two ambulance rides to the ER in the last 5 days.

It's roulette. 

The flu does the to people too. I got quite sick from the flu last year and had a bad lingering cough for a couple months.

people my age that have caught the rones that I know all said it was literally milder than the common cold for them 

11 minutes ago, ACE said:

It’s hardly a cold for most. You want to fight the rones? Eat better and exercise. 

...just like most ways to stay healthy.

6 minutes ago, Matt said:

It's roulette. 

Sometimes it's just your time.  Good tri-athlete friend of ours dropped dead during a normal weekday morning run about 7 years ago.  If they would have just blocked off all the streets and sidewalks to prevent running this would have never happened!

• Gold Member
2 hours ago, ACE said:

One big indicator of the rones will hit you hard is obesity. 

get it.... big.... 

seriously though that’s a big one 

I wonder what changes that?  As a big boy I have been exposed more than once to people who went on to test positive.  Never a symptom other than very tired one day.  I am 6'1" and pushing 280#'s.  

1 hour ago, poopooforme said:

I wonder what changes that?  As a big boy I have been exposed more than once to people who went on to test positive.  Never a symptom other than very tired one day.  I am 6'1" and pushing 280#'s.  

not sure. But the handful of younger people that died from it with “no pre existing conditions” were morbidly obese 

8 hours ago, ACE said:

We're under a lockdown here until the 16'th. Our gym's are closed and it's either a blizzard or -25 or colder here. I'm sick of this, I hope that fat fucktard Ford doesn't extend the lockdown.

6 hours ago, poopooforme said:

As much as I’d enjoy calling you fat ass and pushing you down while laughing.......6’1 and 280 isn’t anywhere near obese 

9 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Did you?  I missed your highlighted sections that you thought worthy of discussion here.

Or, is this just another PSA or otherwise something newsworthy you demand everyone read?

CNN could convince Jimmy that water is made of farts 

• Like 1

2.33 million covid related deaths worldwide.   6% or about 140K worldwide from covid alone.     Sorry I feel bad for anyone who loses a loved one prematurely but it's fucking insane what the governments of the world did to their economy's over this.

• Like 1