Check your account email address ×

Truth Courtesy Of Amash

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 minutes ago, f7ben said:

No....they were going in the exact opposite direction

We have no idea how Iran would have continued under Mosaddegh.  It was a secular democracy at the time and at one point old school Islam would have revolted against the transformation into a more western society.  I'm not advocating the coup that the CIA and MI6 put in place to remove him from power however I do feel the country would have became more and more secular over time.   The Shah's hard rule may have just delayed it.  

He governed in a manner similar to communism with the govt owning almost everything.   This wasn't necessarily better than the Monarchy/Aristocracy owning so much.

Edited by Highmark

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

We have no idea how Iran would have continued under Mosaddegh.  It was a secular democracy at the time and at one point old school Islam would have revolted against the transformation into a more western society.  I'm not advocating the coup that the CIA and MI6 put in place to remove him from power however I do feel the country would have became more and more secular over time.   The Shah's hard rule may have just delayed it.  

The population was rapidly westernizing and thriving. The US and Britain couldn’t have that.

6 minutes ago, f7ben said:

The population was rapidly westernizing and thriving. The US and Britain couldn’t have that.

Westernizing culturally but the country was becoming more and more communist like with the nationalization of the oil and ag industries.   There was a real and rational fear that the ME would become communist wings of the USSR.   Lets not forget that part of what occurred.  

Edited by Highmark

Well this brings up a point about why it’s any of our business what a sovereign nation does and what direction they happen to be heading. Seems to me that everytime we get involved and impose our will we fuck things up.

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Well this brings up a point about why it’s any of our business what a sovereign nation does and what direction they happen to be heading. Seems to me that everytime we get involved and impose our will we fuck things up.

For the most part I completely agree however history has shown us that at some point we will have to get involved.   Will that history ever be repeated?   Lets hope not but half a million young men's lives and the lesson of staying out of it should not be completely ignored.   In the long run I say stay the fuck out as long as we possibly can. 

43 minutes ago, SSFB said:

War propaganda, the "Fake News" that we should be most concerned with.......

Has any military conflict we have engaged in not been over a lie? Coincidentally... all of the ones in the last 20 years the countries have huge amounts of oil... 

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

The persians are very pro western. Hard to believe with the way we treat them. Another reason religion has no place in governance or anything other that personal choice. 

• Like 2