Check your account email address ×

Truth Courtesy Of Amash

• Platinum Contributing Member

Why wouldn't Iran want nuclear weapons?   I'm not saying they've ever been within months hell they could already have them as they've been enriching uranium for years.

Is Iran a threat to us?   Not really.   Let Israel and S.A. deal with them.   Get out of the ME now.    

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Why wouldn't Iran want nuclear weapons?   I'm not saying they've ever been within months hell they could already have them as they've been enriching uranium for years.

Is Iran a threat to us.   Not really.   Let Israel and S.A. deal with them.   Get out of the ME now.    

That doesn’t help the narrative

Is Iran a threat to us.   Not really.   Let Israel and S.A. deal with them.   Get out of the ME now.    

No chance of that for the next 4 yrs.

Iran is like a drunk guy waving a gun on his front lawn yelling about his wife. When the cops show up are they going to assume the gun is empty? Iran has said and done things in the past that warrant their neighbors to be apprehensive. I agree that it is not a job for the US at this point but Biden moved troops into Syria on the day of his inauguration so I would expect military escalation in the ME is coming soon.

7 minutes ago, f7ben said:

That doesn’t help the narrative

Well the US and Israel attacked their PLC system that controlled their uranium centrifuge's with the Stuxnet virus in 2010.   Set them back mildly and I'm sure they went hog wild after that.  After the US invasion of Iraq in 2003 I'm sure every dictatorial state in the ME is trying to protect themselves by obtaining WMD's.   Why wouldn't they?  

Pretty common for dictators that feel threatened by the US to try and obtain WMD's.   For some reason they feel this is the security blanket needed to stop the US.   

Edited by Highmark

Well the US and Israel attacked their PLC system that controlled their uranium centrifuge's with the Stuxnet virus in 2010.   Set them back mildly and I'm sure they went hog wild after that.  After the US invasion of Iraq in 2003 I'm sure every dictatorial state in the ME is trying to protect themselves by obtaining WMD's.   Why wouldn't they?  

Iran has fallen behind on the conventional weapons side so nukes would be a quick path to leveling the field.

2 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

Iran has fallen behind on the conventional weapons side so nukes would be a quick path to leveling the field.

Iran is as trusting as parts of our own govt.   No govt is to be fully trusted.   Not one of them.  

11 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

Iran is like a drunk guy waving a gun on his front lawn yelling about his wife. When the cops show up are they going to assume the gun is empty? Iran has said and done things in the past that warrant their neighbors to be apprehensive. I agree that it is not a job for the US at this point but Biden moved troops into Syria on the day of his inauguration so I would expect military escalation in the ME is coming soon.

Iran has done nothing but espouse a little rhetoric in kind. Meanwhile the US is launching 20-30k bombings per year and has been in 11 different countries for 2 decades

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Iran has done nothing but espouse a little rhetoric in kind. Meanwhile the US is launching 20-30k bombings per year and has been in 11 different countries for 2 decades

That's a little naïve.  Iran has done much more than that however much of what they did to us is because we were somewhere we shouldn't have been.

The ME still comes down to a religious war when looking at conflicts between those countries.  Yes its also about resources but the sects of Islam hate one another more than they hate western democratic civilization and they hated the Joo's since long before Christ.

Edited by Highmark

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I am not defending the US position but at the same time Iran has been a crazy uncle for a long time now. Iran is the reason SA has become a military power.

6 minutes ago, Highmark said:

That's a little naïve.  Iran has done much more than that however much of what they did to us is because we were somewhere we shouldn't have been.

The ME still comes down to a religious war when looking at conflicts between those countries.  Yes its also about resources but the sects of Islam hate one another more than they hate western democratic civilization and they hated the Joo's since long before Christ.

6 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

I am not defending the US position but at the same time Iran has been a crazy uncle for a long time now. Iran is the reason SA has become a military power.

Let’s not forget the US built Iran into a radical Islamic regime by hand with our meddling. Place the blame where it lies.

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Let’s not forget the US built Iran into a radical Islamic regime by hand with our meddling. Place the blame where it lies.

No doubt we contributed greatly but Iran was going radically secular whether we propped up the Shah or not. 

Edited by Highmark

Just now, Highmark said:

No doubt we contributed greatly but Iran was going radically secular whether we propped up the Shaw or not. 

No....they were going in the exact opposite direction