Check your account email address ×

Polaris 550

Going to check out this 2005 Classic 550 tomorrow for the wife.  This is a clean sled with only 1400 miles.  She is excited!

I know in their first couple years 2000-2001 they had piston issues, any other issues these motors had?  I'm not too worried about it.

Should be a great sled for her!

999.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

@Polaris 550 says they are the bestest.  

LMAO! I do NOT own a POLARIS SLED!! I never have. I only have a POLARIS 400 SPORTSMAN ATV!!!    :lol:

However, I would buy a POLARIS sled in a heartbeat. I lost thousands on my SKI DOO AND OUTLANDER pieces of ABSOLUTE DOGSHIT. 

1 minute ago, Polaris 550 said:

LMAO! I do NOT own a POLARIS SLED!! I never have. I only have a POLARIS 400 SPORTSMAN ATV!!!    :lol:

However, I would buy a POLARIS sled in a heartbeat. I lost thousands on my SKI DOO AND OUTLANDER pieces of ABSOLUTE DOGSHIT. 

I've lost thousands on Skidoo junk too, but here I am lol.  Fuck those 2 stroke Skidoo garbage cans though, 4 stroke or no stroke.

1 minute ago, Fireball 440 said:

I've lost thousands on Skidoo junk too, but here I am lol.  Fuck those 2 stroke Skidoo garbage cans though, 4 stroke or no stroke.

Ski-Doo used to be the best. At some point I believe they changed corporate goals/profit, and outsourced to garbage manufacturers. 

I lost THOUSANDS of dollars, and got nothing but grief from the two fucking pieces of garbage. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
30 minutes ago, Fireball 440 said:

Her last sled was a 2003 Renegade ZX chassis.  This sled in the EDGE chassis might be an upgrade, or at least on par.

:bc: Both not being the newer rider position which will get people to make stupid comments about the older riding position. Like we haven't put thousands upon thousand of miles on the older stuff

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Skidooski said:

:bc: Both not being the newer rider position which will get people to make stupid comments about the older riding position. Like we haven't put thousands upon thousand of miles on the older stuff

Last 2 sleds I bought my son were Revs and XP's just to avoid the old sitting position.  Felt bad the first time putting him on an inferior product,  second time was post ACL so having movement was important.   

27 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

Ski-Doo used to be the best. At some point I believe they changed corporate goals/profit, and outsourced to garbage manufacturers. 

I lost THOUSANDS of dollars, and got nothing but grief from the two fucking pieces of garbage. 

January 2015 in one weekend her Renegade blew out the MAG side bearing and the next day my Summit threw a rod.  3+ grand in one weekend!  Fucking Skidoo!

2 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

She's 5'4 I don't think she could even ride a REV.

40 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

Not sure how bad the Ski Doos are but I know their dirt product isn't known for their stellar reliability.

Edited by teamgreen02

2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Last 2 sleds I bought my son were Revs and XP's just to avoid the old sitting position.  Felt bad the first time putting him on an inferior product,  second time was post ACL so having movement was important.   

Pre-Covid the Rev's were starting to get real cheap. Almost similar to the ZX sleds in prices when they start to bottom out. Now a days everything seems almost double sometimes more.

6 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

My wife won't be pounding thousands of miles through ditches so who gives a fuck?

2 minutes ago, Fireball 440 said:

January 2015 in one weekend her Renegade blew out the MAG side bearing and the next day my Summit threw a rod.  3+ grand in one weekend!  Fucking Skidoo!

Yeah SkiDoo's are like that...ask me how I know  :lol: 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Skidooski said:

Pre-Covid the Rev's were starting to get real cheap. Almost similar to the ZX sleds in prices when they start to bottom out. Now a days everything seems almost double sometimes more.

No shit.  I bought my sled last March and right now I see them all over for $1000+ more :wow:

He's got this 05 550 priced at $2000.

Just now, Fireball 440 said:

My wife won't be pounding thousands of miles through ditches so who gives a fuck?

Who the fuck said anything about ditches? Read it again. I said thousand of miles dummy. You know, acknowledging that it can and has been done for years  :lol: 

Just now, Angry ginger said:

40k miles on ski doos

1 broken spring

I did avoid 800's pre etec though

I had an 02 Highmark 800 I had to put a top end in with under 4000 miles, then I had an 05 Summit 800HO all original with 8000 miles.

I rebuilt a handful of 583's and 670's, 2 700's, the 600HO, and a 600 carb.  Did a couple Indy 500's back in the day also.

3 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Who the fuck said anything about ditches? Read it again. I said thousand of miles dummy. You know, acknowledging that it can and has been done for years  :lol: 

LOL I meant she won't be piling on thousands of miles like we can.  and WTF cares of the forum d-bags chime in about rider fwd this and that.  This sled will fit her perfect and will last her many years to come.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fireball 440 said:

LOL I meant she won't be piling on thousands of miles like we can.  and WTF cares of the forum d-bags chime in about rider fwd this and that.  This sled will fit her perfect and will last her many years to come.

Go get it.  Looks clean.  Not like it will depreciate any more than it already has.  People are always looking for these sleds for their wives, kids, or newer riders.

On your trails at the pace most ride them it wouldn't make any difference.  Chances are you aren't going to be pounding the trails on Saturday afternoon when they are all beat to hell.

1 minute ago, teamgreen02 said:

Go get it.  Looks clean.  Not like it will depreciate any more than it already has.  People are always looking for these sleds for their wives, kids, or newer riders.

On your trails at the pace most ride them it wouldn't make any difference.  Chances are you aren't going to be pounding the trails on Saturday afternoon when they are all beat to hell.

I'm going to buy it we have the cash for a sled and I think she'll keep it for years.  And yeah the weekend traffic is usually pretty slow anyhow on the NSST, but the Yukon is almost always a gas!

29 minutes ago, Fireball 440 said:

She's 5'4 I don't think she could even ride a REV.

Get her a procross....she will fit it perfectly 

• Haha 1