Check your account email address ×

bezos is a drug dealer

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

lots of truth to that.  If insurance companies were not jsut paying out and raising prices every year all these facilities that the hospital systems are building that are 3/4 empty (prior to Covid) would not exist.  My doc office is in a 3 building 200k SF facility that didn't exist 5 years ago.  The place is easily 3/4 empty.   

I dont know if he is just being a dick because I said it or he really doesnt understand. health care costs go up, insurance premiums go up. its really that simple. And without HI they dont have the funds to expand like they are. I can show you my bid log and you can see how much of it is hospitals and Health care related. Cancer hospitals are going up everywhere. Lots of current bids are for updating MRI and CAT scan rooms and equipment. 

Just now, Anler said:

I dont know if he is just being a dick because I said it or he really doesnt understand. health care costs go up, insurance premiums go up. its really that simple. And without HI they dont have the funds to expand like they are. I can show you my bid log and you can see how much of it is hospitals and Health care related. Cancer hospitals are going up everywhere. Lots of current bids are for updating MRI and CAT scan rooms and equipment. 

show me any commercial project and there is almost always some portion of it that is getting healthcare dollars from strip malls to office parks.   I am on a converted AFB that started being really built out for offices/manufacturing in 98. Early stuff was manufacturing and regular office space.  Now besides the 2 new buildings(+1 rehabbed existing) for my hospitals med group (including a cancer facility)  the other local hospital built one around the corner from me,  we have a rehab facility,  a Moderna affiliated Biotech production facility making the Covid vaccine as well as 2 other medical related companies.  I would bet north of 2 million SF of space out here is med related most built over the last 10-12 years and the biotech companies got an option for the biggest parcel left here to expand.  

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

There is a plus side to advanced imagery. It leads to a quicker, more accurate diagnosis. That means less return visits and potentially quicker resolution to health issues. Bringing the mfg costs down on that stuff should be a priority. As should an Apollo scale program to create new diagnostic approaches. 

Some have argued that JCAHO has become an overgrown white elephant with no eye on potential financial savings for hospitals. I think the government could do a lot to help health clinics/hospitals cut operating costs without compromising care. 

3 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

There is a plus side to advanced imagery. It leads to a quicker, more accurate diagnosis. That means less return visits and potentially quicker resolution to health issues. Bringing the mfg costs down on that stuff should be a priority. As should an Apollo scale program to create new diagnostic approaches. 

Some have argued that JCAHO has become an overgrown white elephant with no eye on potential financial savings for hospitals. I think the government could do a lot to help health clinics/hospitals cut operating costs without compromising care. 

all the pubs and a lot of dems will fight the government being involved in any healthcare decisions.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
25 minutes ago, Anler said:

Then you dont understand health care which is what I took from your comment

Dude I'm not saying they have zero to do with costs but come on.  The reason HC is expensive is because of the insurance?   We come up with new treatments for everything, we replace joints like they are tires on cars.   Insurance is expensive because we treat so much shit often times in the most expensive manner down the road after its gotten much worse.....much of that is lifestyle induced.   I've seen statistics that show has high as 80% of our HC costs are due to obesity.   

Want to make HI more affordable make people responsible for their own health.   Yes I get some things are hereditary but not taking care of oneself isn't one of those.   Fat, drunk (drugged) and stupid is no way to go thru life son.  :lol:  

Edited by Highmark

2 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

that was not the point I was making. The point is the profits in these procedures. Health insurance pays $xxxx, we need more imaging equipment! One feeds the other. I understand the importance of the equipment and the technology. But as Ginger said, healthcare providers are expanding everywhere, there is zero room for cost savings when you are investing billions of dollars in more facilities. Premiums are going up bigly. 

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

all the pubs and a lot of dems will fight the government being involved in any healthcare decisions.  

They should be spending a shit load of tax dollars on developing better diagnostic and treatment technology. Authentic government grants that position companies to explore new areas. That’s a no brainer. 

Just now, spin_dry said:

They should be spending a shit load of tax dollars on developing better diagnostic and treatment technology. Authentic government grants that position companies to explore new areas. That’s a no brainer. 

Until we find a cure for laziness and obesity there is no lowering HC costs in this country significantly without rationing and or cutting labor costs in the med fields.   

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Dude I'm not saying they have zero to do with costs but come on.  The reason HC is expensive is because of the insurance?   We come up with new treatments for everything, we replace joints like they are tires on cars.   Insurance is expensive because we treat so much shit often times in the most expensive manner down the road after its gotten much worse.....much of that is lifestyle induced.   I've seen statistics that show has high as 80% of our HC costs are due to obesity.     

Yep. If health care providers had to compete for business they would develop better more cost effective treatments. Even cures. But when your entire business model is based on what insurance pays, well then you arent getting the most effective treatments, you are getting the most profitable. 

And on the bold I agree entirely. spin and I discussed that couple posts back. there are reasons for that too. the American diet and lifestyle is probably the most unhealthy in the world. 

1 minute ago, Anler said:

that was not the point I was making. The point is the profits in these procedures. Health insurance pays $xxxx, we need more imaging equipment! One feeds the other. I understand the importance of the equipment and the technology. But as Ginger said, healthcare providers are expanding everywhere, there is zero room for cost savings when you are investing billions of dollars in more facilities. Premiums are going up bigly. 

One of the biggest costs to healthcare, if the biggest, is the return patient and an unresolved diagnosis. Focus being on higher rates for accurate diagnosing and treatment would drop costs faster than any other change. That’s my argument. There’s another change that could result in substantial cost savings...but I’ll wait. 

They do. One of my clients is University of Chicago. They get billions in research grants. BILLIONS$$$$. As I said prior, I am a public works contractor. My job is to know who has the money!

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Until we find a cure for laziness and obesity there is no lowering HC costs in this country significantly without rationing and or cutting labor costs in the med fields.   

Obesity is a systemic issue that has its origins in our food supply. No one is willing to address that. It’s political suicide 

Yep. If health care providers had to compete for business they would develop better more cost effective treatments. Even cures. But when your entire business model is based on what insurance pays, well then you arent getting the most effective treatments, you are getting the most profitable. 

And on the bold I agree entirely. spin and I discussed that couple posts back. there are reasons for that too. the American diet and lifestyle is probably the most unhealthy in the world. 

HI does do things to control what HC providers charge.   One of my best friends wives that's her job.   She specifically looks at transplant cases to see the proper care and charges are being paid.   

Why do you think college has gotten so expensive?   Govt loans.   To an extent without severe cost controls the same thing would happen in UHC.   The only way UHC works is rationing care and or controlling labor costs.   Labor costs are still a HUGE portion of HC costs. 

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

One of the biggest costs to healthcare, if the biggest, is the return patient and an unresolved diagnosis. Focus being on higher rates for accurate diagnosing and treatment would drop costs faster than any other change. That’s my argument. There’s another change that could result in substantial cost savings...but I’ll wait. 

Think about your average diabetes patient. I have known people who made diet and lifestyle changes to reduce their insulin resistance and actually got OFF the meds. Its not easy but I have seen it happen. Or you can take meds and keep testing your levels your whole life and just do whatever you want. Eventually they are going to start lopping your limbs off IF you dont first: have a heart attack or your kidney shut down or you go blind or any other number of ailments make you a cripple. 

4 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Obesity is a systemic issue that has its origins in our food supply. No one is willing to address that. It’s political suicide 

Some yes some no.   Obesity is not hard to solve.   Calories in calories out.   Get off your ass and exercise and stop eating so much.   I get it....healthier foods can be more expensive but in the end it comes down to eating/drinking less and exercising more.  A person can exercise without spending a dime.      

Edited by Highmark

3 minutes ago, Anler said:

They do. One of my clients is University of Chicago. They get billions in research grants. BILLIONS$$$$. As I said prior, I am a public works contractor. My job is to know who has the money!

America trails other western nations in research monies. 20% of our national dollar is spent on healthcare. .05-.07% is on research. At least we’re doing better than China. 

Yep. With the chronic inflammation they cause exercise isnt enough. And many people probably dont even know which foods are doing it to them and probably think they are healthy. 

Yep. With the chronic inflammation they cause exercise isnt enough. And many people probably dont even know which foods are doing it to them and probably think they are healthy. 

The answer is clear. Get the shit out of our food supply. But when any politician goes down that path they get drawn and quartered. 

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Some yes some no.   Obesity is not hard to solve.   Calories in calories out.   Get off your ass and exercise and stop eating so much.   I get it....healthier foods can be more expensive but in the end it comes down to eating/drinking less and exercising more.  A person can exercise without spending a dime.      

Just throw obese people in jail, like drug users. :bc:

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

The answer is clear. Get the shit out of our food supply. But when any politician goes down that path they get drawn and quartered. 

I agree. Wont happen

2 minutes ago, SSFB said:

Just throw obese people in jail, like drug users. :bc:

Make them pay more for HI.   That would be a good start.   We do it for life insurance why not HI, FICA/Medicare.  

Edited by Highmark

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Make them pay more for HI.   That would be a good start.   We do it for life insurance why not HI, FICA/Medicare.  

With most health insurance companies you are rewarded for better self care. What’s your point here?