Check your account email address ×

2013 Switchback Assault value....2500 miles

2 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

You kept talking 800 Polaris so it wasn't clear, given the new motor has been out a couple years now.  So you're saying they're no different and the past failure rates haven't changed...got it.

Where did I say failure rates haven't changed?

I said the design flaw is still there. 

Learn to read.

Edited by Legend

33 minutes ago, Legend said:

Learn to read.

Take it easy on him...hes one of those safe space guys from TBP. :bc:

1 minute ago, Legend said:

to many people get butthurt because somebody says something they bought might not be perfect. 

:lol:

Woolfard lost his shit anytime someone said shit about his turbo cat the 1st yr he had it....he even went as far as saying the problems most were having were the owners fault.....yr 2 he hated the thing cause it was blowing belts etc etc etc....

13 hours ago, Legend said:

Thread is about a 13.

We had a 800HO go down at 386 miles. Ring broke and wrecked engine. Warranty covered a new engine. 16 Axys RMK.

Either way, the design of the old engine and new engine is the same. And they have the same design flaw.

So, the crank, cylinder, pistons, intake, exhaust valves, oil pump being all new doesn't constitute a new design.  Got it.

10 hours ago, Legend said:

I said the design flaw is still there. l

Learn to read.

You said the design hasn't changed. I was only asking for clarification, no need to get your panties in a wad there Dilbert.

9 hours ago, Legend said:

to many people get butthurt because somebody says something they bought might not be perfect. 

Butthurt has nothing to do with it.  Coming off like you're an expert and talking out of your ass does.  Whether this SKS is the best sled or the worst won't matter, its still going down the road after this season and I'll buy any of the 4 brands that suits me, just like I have for the last 40 years.

2 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

So, the crank, cylinder, pistons, intake, exhaust valves, oil pump being all new doesn't constitute a new design.  Got it.

You said the design hasn't changed. I was only asking for clarification, no need to get your panties in a wad there Dilbert.

Butthurt has nothing to do with it.  Coming off like you're an expert and talking out of your ass does.  Whether this SKS is the best sled or the worst won't matter, its still going down the road after this season and I'll buy any of the 4 brands that suits me, just like I have for the last 40 years.

You da man! :lol:

10 hours ago, Legend said:

Learn to read.

That new motor would not hold together for more than 100mi after the first production units came in hell they would not hold together on a dyno . they had to hire the towns best forensic engineering firm for a all hand on deck $$$$$$$$$ rush deal . they had a lot of help making sure this one stuck together . there was a reason some of the axixs  snochecks took so long .

20 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

How is throwing new and better parts at it changing the design?? 

The 2013 has different cylinders, pistons, and crankcases than the 2011. Is the 2013 a different design than the 2011?

The pistons still drop 5/8" below the cylinder skirts, same as the old 800 since 2008. The DESIGN of the engine is still the same as 2008. They have been throwing new parts at it since 2011. 

Having knowledge of the Polaris 800 engines is coming off as butthurt? LMAO  Sorry, we buy mtn sleds because we actually use them in the mtns. We don't buy mtn sleds to ride around the trails or dip off trail in 2 ft of snow and act like we are boondockers....lol

Have fun with your boondocker sled in the deep deep snow out east....lmao

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

That new motor would not hold together for more than 100mi after the first production units came in hell they would not hold together on a dyno . they had to hire the towns best forensic engineering firm for a all hand on deck $$$$$$$$$ rush deal . they had a lot of help making sure this one stuck together . there was a reason some of the axixs  snochecks took so long .

Engines can be fixed. 

The piss poor design of the arctic cat mtn chassis cannot. 

You can pick on poo all you want, but its kind of an oxymoron with you being a cat rider......lol

3 hours ago, sledderj said:

Maybe the same reason the 850 are late? :news:

Huh.

3 hours ago, Legend said:

Having knowledge of the Polaris 800 engines is coming off as butthurt? LMAO  Sorry, we buy mtn sleds because we actually use them in the mtns. We don't buy mtn sleds to ride around the trails or dip off trail in 2 ft of snow and act like we are boondockers....lol

Have fun with your boondocker sled in the deep deep snow out east....lmao

Try and keep up.  You were accusing me of butthurt for just asking for clarification which engine you were talking about, and throwing your big ass bird attitude at me over it.  So calm your tits Christine Burandt, I'm sure you're quite a bad ass in your day glo monosuit and sweet Monster wrap.   Come out to Maine or the Chic Chocs and show us whats up.  We have fun even without the avy backpacks.IMG_0982.jpgIMG_0980.jpgIMG_0275.jpg

3 hours ago, Legend said:

Engines can be fixed. 

The piss poor design of the arctic cat mtn chassis cannot. 

You can pick on poo all you want, but its kind of an oxymoron with you being a cat rider......lol

keep telling your self that . I ride the sled that can take a hit and still keep going the sled that can take the mods and have no worry's.

if u cant ride that is your issue . I can get my cat anyplace I can get a pro . and I can get a 16 cat anyplace I can get a axsis . I ride with all of them all the time and have been on all 4 many many times . I have also spent whole days yanking blown and bent poos off the mountain killing what should have been great vacations .U obviously have never had to get a sled out of the backcountey because the pile of shit dropped a skirt with under 1200 mi on it .

or had to dig a holl and burry one with a beacon in it then haul a motor back in 3 days latter to fix the pile of shit .

the axsis is a nice ride for sure but I will still take the time tested reliability over backwoods emergency overnight camping trip any day

now back to original sentence

poo has shown us all from what 2002 to today that no not all Engines can be fixed . at least fixed to last more than a few yrs

Edited by Ez ryder

25 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

keep telling your self that . I ride the sled that can take a hit and still keep going the sled that can take the mods and have no worry's.

if u cant ride that is your issue . I can get my cat anyplace I can get a pro . and I can get a 16 cat anyplace I can get a axsis . I ride with all of them all the time and have been on all 4 many many times . I have also spent whole days yanking blown and bent poos off the mountain killing what should have been great vacations .U obviously have never had to get a sled out of the backcountey because the pile of shit dropped a skirt with under 1200 mi on it .

or had to dig a holl and burry one with a beacon in it then haul a motor back in 3 days latter to fix the pile of shit .

the axsis is a nice ride for sure but I will still take the time tested reliability over backwoods emergency overnight camping trip any day

now back to original sentence

poo has shown us all from what 2002 to today that no not all Engines can be fixed . at least fixed to last more than a few yrs

no offense but most consider the cat fiasco of 2012-2014 to be that of the fusion level caliber.. 

• Like 1

On 12/10/2016 at 11:20 AM, Anler said:

From what I have "heard" those pre 2015 poo 800's are fucking time bombs. I've talked to several poo faithful who got tired of having trips and seasons ruined from them and jumped ship to another brand or a 4 stroke. but it seems like everything after 15 has been pretty solid. 

You, and a lot of others are pretty brave when Red Rocket isn't around to defend/praise Polaris sleds.

I see, Kev is trying, and not doing too bad, but I'd bet he wishes ole Red would come back and help him out! :lol:

Personally, I wouldn't touch a Poo sled built within the last 10-15 yrs! Sure, they are the "Way out" but you also have to get home sometimes too. 

8677eeaacd666d7a914e331d5816c730.jpg

1 hour ago, Kev144 said:

no offense but most consider the cat fiasco of 2012-2014 to be that of the fusion level caliber.. 

12 13 rest were fine don't get started on new yr rollouts how about that 11 800 poo total pile of shit 

3 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

12 13 rest were fine don't get started on new yr rollouts how about that 11 800 poo total pile of shit 

not saying the poo didnt have issues but i can tell having an intelligent debate with a salty cat owner is fruitless. :lol: 

12 minutes ago, irv said:

You, and a lot of others are pretty brave when Red Rocket isn't around to defend/praise Polaris sleds.

I see, Kev is trying, and not doing too bad, but I'd bet he wishes ole Red would come back and help him out! :lol:

Personally, I wouldn't touch a Poo sled built within the last 10-15 yrs! Sure, they are the "Way out" but you also have to get home sometimes too. 

not defending at all.  I have had no issues with my 800 polaris.   Doesnt mean there havent been any.  just like you have had none with your yam :bc: difference between you and I though is i put more than 300 miles a year on my sleds :dunno:   I would just rather run the risk of being stranded on my Polaris sleds than ride a vector and quit the sport from being bored. :bc: 

Edited by Kev144

6 minutes ago, irv said:

the reality is if a guy is doing top ends on a 13 up poo every 1500 in the deep and 3k on the ribbon they are fine . slow yes but that is poo.

the A arms on the old pro RMK were total shit glue yeah great idea sure the glue was fine but sticking it to paint? wtf was up with that ? all my poo buds ditched the junk stockers after first unglue .

I know no one who has blown a axsis yet but none of them have more than 500mi on them yet .

cats can eat belts I have not blown 1 yet but I know some do .

the poo may lay over in fresh pow the most ez and take a bit less work  in trees  .but when it is wind blown rutted out or jumping or piss pounded rollers on the trail in  I will take the cat every time with out question  . 

now doo that pile of shit is bent up next to the trailer from catching a carbide loading in to the trailer . worthless off trail sleds show me a boondocker doo I will show u a bent sled or a guy who never looses  sight of the trail