Check your account email address ×

This Is The Double Truth Ruth!

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

TBH every teacher i know wants to be back in the classroom with the kids.  It's weak administration and town government that has created the shit show the kids are dealing with now.  Given how little spread that has occurred over the 2-3 months of school so far at quarter/semester end every kid should be back in class from kindergarten to college.  Instead we are hearing no changes will be made.  My daughters looking to move from dorm to an apartment as her classes all will be online next semester and the dorms are like being in jail.  She actually drove 10 hours home yesterday to have a week away from it.  

Not here. 

17 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Carter was and is a super good guy, he did many good things and was Pro-Life,  but was a rather terrible president, he approved of some Gun control, his wage and price freezes harmed the economy, his botched hostage rescue in 1979 was a disaster.

Yeah,  let’s not rewrite history. He was a weak president. 

36 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I’m really glad my daughter is in a house this year.👍🏼

i wish she did the sorority thing last year when it was normal then she prob would have ended up in the sorority house.  This online pledging is strange.   They actually have had some social distanced in person events but they are few.  I think my daughter was expecting everything more normal than it is.  This apartment complex she wants to move into has some of her friends and sorority sisters and at least she won't have to mask up to do laundry or go to the bathroom and it's the same money as the dorm.  

36 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I’m really glad my daughter is in a house this year.👍🏼

i wish she did the sorority thing last year when it was normal then she prob would have ended up in the sorority house.  This online pledging is strange.   They actually have had some social distanced in person events but they are few.  I think my daughter was expecting everything more normal than it is.  This apartment complex she wants to move into has some of her friends and sorority sisters and at least she won't have to mask up to do laundry or go to the bathroom and it's the same money as the dorm.  

5 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Yup, and many places only allowed you buy 5 gallons a day, I had to stop at several gas stations to fill up, I was working 90 miles from home.

Can you imagine that happening under Trump? :lol:

10 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Fire all the teachers and hire better ones at a lower wage and restricted benefits. Americans are paid too much. 

I have to say in our area i don't think the teachers are either overpaid or over benefited.  I think they are paid fairly for an 80% time equivalent job compared to private industry.  Insurance and pensions require pretty good size contribution from them.  The union does need to be broken though as it protects the weak and incompetent. 

• Thanks 1

If anything, this pandemic really has shown how some teachers adapt and overcome the obstacles, the ones that are really worth it and enjoy teaching.  For others, it has really shown the ineptitude of their work ethic.  Will this have any effect on our public schools and how they fire/hire?  I sure hope so.

1 minute ago, racer254 said:

If anything, this pandemic really has shown how some teachers adapt and overcome the obstacles, the ones that are really worth it and enjoy teaching.  For others, it has really shown the ineptitude of their work ethic.  Will this have any effect on our public schools and how they fire/hire?  I sure hope so.

nope-  that will never happen until the unions broken