Check your account email address ×

Eddie dies, ACDC resurrects

• Platinum Contributing Member
13 hours ago, Snake said:

I love ACDC but geesus, how many times can you write the same song?

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...

Im a huge acdc fan, probably seen them live 6 or 7 times. But i am not a fan of their last couple albums. And they said their last tour was it and that should have been it. If they are doing it because they love it well thats one thing but thats not what they said on the last tour, they said it was time to retire.

5 minutes ago, Anler said:

Im a huge acdc fan, probably seen them live 6 or 7 times. But i am not a fan of their last couple albums. And they said their last tour was it and that should have been it. If they are doing it because they love it well thats one thing but thats not what they said on the last tour, they said it was time to retire.

Yup... I won't be rushing to Ticketron to see a Biden style hairy legged 65 year old running around in school boy knickers and a singer who sounds like a cat in distress..... time to pack it in.

• Haha 2

Powerage back in 1978 was the one that got me hooked. My older brother brought it home and the cover art struck me. There in not one singular album that is as hard charging as it in their library...

On 10/8/2020 at 8:51 PM, Blackstar said:

I love ACDC but geesus, how many times can you write the same song?

Imo the earlier stuff with Bon Scott was much more varied.......From the slow ballad of "Love song-Oh Jean" and"Ride on" to the fast paced "Let there be rock" and "Its a Long way to the top" with the bagpipes.  They had a little bit of everything.

With the exception of a couple songs,not a fan of anything they've done since "For those about to rock"

7 hours ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Imo the earlier stuff with Bon Scott was much more varied.......From the slow ballad of "Love song-Oh Jean" and"Ride on" to the fast paced "Let there be rock" and "Its a Long way to the top" with the bagpipes.  They had a little bit of everything.

With the exception of a couple songs,not a fan of anything they've done since "For those about to rock"

Definitely a Bon Scott fan here but Back In Black was just a massive album...props to Brian Johnson for stepping in and knocking it out of the park.👍🏼

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Snake said:

Powerage back in 1978 was the one that got me hooked. My older brother brought it home and the cover art struck me. There in not one singular album that is as hard charging as it in their library...

It was dirty deeds for me. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Definitely a Bon Scott fan here but Back In Black was just a massive album...props to Brian Johnson for stepping in and knocking it out of the park.👍🏼

Agreed, that's why I said anything after For those about to rock, Im not too crazy about. Actually FTATR was kinda mediocre to me, BIB was the last album I really liked.

I think AC/DC was just starting to really become very well known and hit its stride right before Bons death.  When Back in Black came out it was a smash for sure and Johnson really did sound good on that one. Hells Bells was played on the radio 24/7 when that album came out.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Agreed, that's why I said anything after For those about to rock, Im not too crazy about. Actually FTATR was kinda mediocre to me, BIB was the last album I really liked.

I think AC/DC was just starting to really become very well known and hit its stride right before Bons death.  When Back in Black came out it was a smash for sure and Johnson really did sound good on that one. Hells Bells was played on the radio 24/7 when that album came out.

My oldest brother is 64, that's why I got a lot of late 60 early 70 exposure...

1 hour ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

I’m with you...don’t really listen to anything after Back In Black. This song is just great...

Edited by Jimmy Snacks