Check your account email address ×

Who owns or has owned a Sidewinder

• Platinum Contributing Member
15 minutes ago, Anler said:

I would never buy a sled that had been modified. 

Completely depends on who owned/built them and the mods done.

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 2

Just now, Anler said:

okay still not buying

Without question I'm be more apt to buy a used modded 4 stroke than 2 stroke however I've had good luck with my 07 1100 Crankshop Mach Z.   I know the builder of that sled and he is an incredible mechanic and tuner.  

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Without question I'm be more apt to buy a used modded 4 stroke than 2 stroke however I've had good luck with my 07 1100 Crankshop Mach Z.   I know the builder of that sled and he is an incredible mechanic and tuner.  

For some reason I've always wanted a 1000 mach z but then I think, wtf am I going to do with it? I dont drag race and I dont want to get stranded 100 miles from the truck on one either so I stop with that nonsense. :lol: 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Anler said:

For some reason I've always wanted a 1000 mach z but then I think, wtf am I going to do with it? I dont drag race and I dont want to get stranded 100 miles from the truck on one either so I stop with that nonsense. :lol: 

05 and 06 were plagued with issues.   07's they addressed the electric bugs that were a huge issue and caused many of the engine problems.   There is a post on Dootalk waking you thru fixing the issues on the 05 and 06 that make them much more reliable.   Few other things like the disintegrating airbox foam that would gum up the reeds needs taking care of too.

I have to say they are a very fun sled to ride and mine gives my Sidewinder fits in 600+ ft.  

Mine is stock and will stay that way.

I've ridden heavy ass 4 stroked since 2004... don't even notice it, but am sure others would.

First thing: re calibrate the brain to throttle. Amazing how many times you are coming into a corner or what not and realize you're going too damn fast. Both Scott and I had many corner blows....

I don't even see my sled out of season. It is stored out to Scotts and right now they are both at our mechanic's house getting done up. Every bit of maintenance noted by Yamaha and everything and anything people talk about on TotallYamaha. Exceedingly thorough.

5 minutes ago, Snake said:

I've ridden heavy ass 4 stroked since 2004... don't even notice it, but am sure others would.

First thing: re calibrate the brain to throttle. Amazing how many times you are coming into a corner or what not and realize you're going too damn fast. Both Scott and I had many corner blows....

I don't even see my sled out of season. It is stored out to Scotts and right now they are both at our mechanic's house getting done up. Every bit of maintenance noted by Yamaha and everything and anything people talk about on TotallYamaha. Exceedingly thorough.

So true but once you learn it and learn to plant the front end weight its unreal how fast they can be on the trails.   

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

05 and 06 were plagued with issues.   07's they addressed the electric bugs that were a huge issue and caused many of the engine problems.   There is a post on Dootalk waking you thru fixing the issues on the 05 and 06 that make them much more reliable.   Few other things like the disintegrating airbox foam that would gum up the reeds needs taking care of too.

I have to say they are a very fun sled to ride and mine gives my Sidewinder fits in 600+ ft.  

Oh Im sure I just dont have the time to get all into them. Its enough for me to keep up with the stuff I have now. I used to like doing that stuff but I just dont have the time anymore. Those were great sleds when they were running good. 

5 hours ago, Snake said:

That is the thing with that kind of power. It takes a half a second to spoil up but then feeds a whole bunch of corn to everything. It was the first thing I noticed when I had my turbo back a few years, that I was over cooking a couple corners before I learned a little bit better throttle control