Check your account email address ×

Trump paid his daughter Ivanka $747,622 for 'consulting,' then deducted it from his taxes, according to a New York Times investigation

Mainecat

• A New York Times investigation into President Donald Trump's tax filings found that from 2010 to 2018, Trump wrote off about $26 million in unexplained consulting fees.
  • Among them was $747,622 written off by the Trump Organization, the same amount his daughter Ivanka Trump reported receiving in consulting fees, according to The Times.
  • The payment appeared to be related to managing hotel deals that were already part of her job, according to the newspaper. Reporters matched the number to one his daughter disclosed when she joined the White House in 2017.

https://www.insider.com/trump-paid-ivanka-700000-plus-for-consulting-times-investigation-says-2020-9?fbclid=IwAR1HpBBV0MUblkMs5BVc2iWoFqmvxtbEqvk9IpvKg1ZojsoDD01f4Y51xtU

• Platinum Contributing Member

Ummmm, you do know this is how a business works right?? 

Or do you think pay from your families business including yours was not used as a deduction??

:lmao:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Or do you think pay from your families business including yours was not used as a deduction??

Ah yes genius. She got consulting fees for a job she was already employed to do.

Edited by Mainecat

Just now, Mainecat said:

Ah yes genius. She got consulting fees for a job she was already employed to do.

Like you know every detail about what any consulting fee would pertain to? If she claimed the income on her taxes then no foul. Makes good fodder though for fools....

Another swing and a miss

2 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Is that not legal?? 

I get bonuses all the time for exceptional work. Most people do, but apparently you never have..Shocker

• Haha 1

HEY MC, we all know that both sides suck. What can ya' do, they won their party's candidacy. 

I offered to run, and you fukkers didn't support me, so STFU!!!

Why didn't YOU RUN??????

Why didn't both parties come up with someone better???????

STFU!!! These bastards had the energy, drive, ambition, self-confidence, and ego to run!! STFU!!! JUST STFU!!

2 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

Could you imagine if obama did these things? 

Considering he would have been paying an 11 yr old with tax payers money since he hasn't held a job in the private sector it would probably be a big deal..lol

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, JEFF said:

How about we direct some of this scrutiny at the financial situations kids of both contenders running for president? Not just one.

Ivanka and her husband have security clearances and work in an official capacity.

42 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

tenor (1).gif

11 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

WGAF she was paying at top tax rate there's no avoidance of taxes 

the same amount his daughter Ivanka Trump reported receiving in consulting fees

At $83,069 a year?  This was from 2010 to 2018

9 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Ivanka and her husband have security clearances and work in an official capacity.

And that has what to do with anything?? What year did she get the consulting fee? I'm not subscribing to MC's link to find the answer.

49 minutes ago, JEFF said:

Like you know every detail about what any consulting fee would pertain to? If she claimed the income on her taxes then no foul. Makes good fodder though for fools....

Another swing and a miss

Oh I know and the IRS does too

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:
  • A New York Times investigation into President Donald Trump's tax filings found that from 2010 to 2018, Trump wrote off about $26 million in unexplained consulting fees.
  • Among them was $747,622 written off by the Trump Organization, the same amount his daughter Ivanka Trump reported receiving in consulting fees, according to The Times.
  • The payment appeared to be related to managing hotel deals that were already part of her job, according to the newspaper. Reporters matched the number to one his daughter disclosed when she joined the White House in 2017.

https://www.insider.com/trump-paid-ivanka-700000-plus-for-consulting-times-investigation-says-2020-9?fbclid=IwAR1HpBBV0MUblkMs5BVc2iWoFqmvxtbEqvk9IpvKg1ZojsoDD01f4Y51xtU

So this happened before entering the whitehouse. Nothingburger.

1 minute ago, Mainecat said:

It’s not a bonus genius 

Oh, so a consulting fee is illegal?? Bonuses are legal?? FYI, my last bonus was for me negotiating lower shipping rates,..all's I did was talk and use my knowledge in the world of logistics..So I call it a bonus, but definitely could have be a consulting fee..Is there any difference?? I got paid extra for a job well done..