Check your account email address ×

39 year streak destroyed by Trump

BOHICA

6 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

I always went Cuban.  But yeah in a pinch I have been known to buy a undersized shitty 20 on a corner lol

I knew some rock stars back in the day and when things got desperate they were known to visit "crack alley" at 4am. They tried to pull a fast one on Willy one time and that didnt go too well. Seems Willy and the boys have had that tried on them before and are ready for the tweakers and their silly tricks! 

Just now, Fireball 440 said:

The entire BLM movement is left.

Actually anti authoritarian (anti aggressive policing) is a conservative position. But seeing as how there arent very many real conservatives its easy to see why not too many people know that. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

Not much in the range if it stops . There is no need for paper so that's out 

Here in NY,  they banned plastic shopping bags to save the environment 6mo ago, so we are back to paper bags in the stores. 

My saw chain sales have doubled. That paper has to come from somewhere..Good way to get those MN loggers back in business..

6 hours ago, f7ben said:

There’s more to life than mining 

5 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

Not much in the range if it stops . There is no need for paper so that's out 

2,000-3,000 more high paying mining jobs would be a huge plus to the region.  They're saying another 1,000-2,000 more spinoff jobs, but there is already OK infrastructure there so I think that number is padded.  The Democrats have been trying to stop it at every point for the past 12 years.  The MN Democrats used to be called the DFL, but the F and the L died in that airplane with Paul Wellstone.

Ben your town only exists because of mining and so does mine, and every city in between us except for Duluth.  So sure there is more to life than just mining, but without it none of it would be here at all.

5 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

Here in NY,  they banned plastic shopping bags to save the environment 6mo ago, so we are back to paper bags in the stores. 

My saw chain sales have doubled. That paper has to come from somewhere..Good way to get those MN loggers back in business..

The paper plant in I-Falls that shut down, and Versa in Duluth has changed names more times than Smales changes his maxi pad, and is headed for bankruptcy again. As far as that goes it kind of robbing from the petroleum industry to revive the paper industry.  The tree huggers wouldn't know what to do.

14 minutes ago, Fireball 440 said:

2,000-3,000 more high paying mining jobs would be a huge plus to the region.  They're saying another 1,000-2,000 more spinoff jobs, but there is already OK infrastructure there so I think that number is padded.  The Democrats have been trying to stop it at every point for the past 12 years.  The MN Democrats used to be called the DFL, but the F and the L died in that airplane with Paul Wellstone.

Ben your town only exists because of mining and so does mine, and every city in between us except for Duluth.  So sure there is more to life than just mining, but without it none of it would be here at all.

I support mining and I support the polymer project but they take a backseat to my individual rights. I will never vote for a cock sucking republican again in my life and I’ve never voted for a cocksucking dem

Just now, f7ben said:

I support mining and I support the polymer project but they take a backseat to my individual rights. I will never vote for a cock sucking republican again in my life and I’ve never voted for a cocksucking dem

That's a fair statement. :beerchug:

Just now, Fireball 440 said:

That's a fair statement. :beerchug:

My attitude has changed significantly on our natural resources. We need to be making finished products here. Not just emptying our resources from the ground so they can be shipped elsewhere and the value added. Mesabi nugget and the Essar project were supposed to be just that

Just now, f7ben said:

My attitude has changed significantly on our natural resources. We need to be making finished products here. Not just emptying our resources from the ground so they can be shipped elsewhere and the value added. Mesabi nugget and the Essar project were supposed to be just that

They were and the Essar project was handled just fucking wrong from the start.  I'm sure you remember when I interviewed with Mesabi Nugget and Magnetation... 2 months later they were both shut down.  That fucking sucked for me just like it did for you. It forced me into the fucking aircraft industry again which I didn't want to do and you had to uproot your family and leave the state.  I'd be all for a steel mill up here and copper/nickle mining and smelting right on site.  That would open Tac Harbor power plant and Laskin right to 100% and get the dead rail lines moving again.  I was on top of Skibo overlook the other day and from up there you can see more shuttered plants than you can running ones.  Fuck the dems, open it all up.  I'm voting red for everything local and state, President I'd rather not vote either party but one of them is going to win and I'd rather it not be the Dems.

Best of luck to you and everything you got going on these days, family, covid, all the bullshit.  FYI I didn't mean to call you a dipshit earlier, it just came out.

6 minutes ago, Fireball 440 said:

They were and the Essar project was handled just fucking wrong from the start.  I'm sure you remember when I interviewed with Mesabi Nugget and Magnetation... 2 months later they were both shut down.  That fucking sucked for me just like it did for you. It forced me into the fucking aircraft industry again which I didn't want to do and you had to uproot your family and leave the state.  I'd be all for a steel mill up here and copper/nickle mining and smelting right on site.  That would open Tac Harbor power plant and Laskin right to 100% and get the dead rail lines moving again.  I was on top of Skibo overlook the other day and from up there you can see more shuttered plants than you can running ones.  Fuck the dems, open it all up.  I'm voting red for everything local and state, President I'd rather not vote either party but one of them is going to win and I'd rather it not be the Dems.

Best of luck to you and everything you got going on these days, family, covid, all the bullshit.  FYI I didn't mean to call you a dipshit earlier, it just came out.

You can call me a dipshit anytime lol....I never need to be apologized to ever.

To be fair a lot of the situations are market driven as well. Nugget closed because of a shit market and steel dumping.

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

You can call me a dipshit anytime lol....I never need to be apologized to ever.

To be fair a lot of the situations are market driven as well. Nugget closed because of a shit market and steel dumping.

Yep so did Magnetation, they had just opened Plant 4.  I had interviewed in Coleraine for inside the plant, but it sounded like I was going to be in a truck or loader had I actually got to start working there.  I would have been happy doing anything except giving handies in the shit trailer lol.  They had a funky pay scale where everyone's pay all depended on plant running efficiency.  So slowdowns or equipment failure down time you'd only make peanuts compared to running 80%+ efficiency.  My buddy worked there and he paid cash for a house on a couple acres in Grand Rapids after just a couple years.  Both companies were a boom while they lasted.  I don't see the mini-mills ever making a comeback for the nuggets though.  Something like Mag might make a comeback years from now when the taconite deposits start drying up, we'll both be to old to work when that happens though.