Check your account email address ×

Voters in North Carolina have received absentee ballot request forms in the mail with Trump's face on them

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, racer254 said:

I thought trump was suppressing the mail in votes?  Seems that narrative wouldn't fit with this one.  The TDS sufferers really are an easily manipulation bunch.

Hey dumbfuck the important part of the “mail in” vote is the mailing in part.🤣

7 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Hey dumbfuck the important part of the “mail in” vote is the mailing in part.🤣

SMH....no its the request of a ballot to a specific address vs. the random mailing to everyone based off "last known address."  

Is this really that difficult of concept?  

Yes even with absentee ballots upwards of 20% of ballots go uncounted.   3% USPS loses and 17% people fuck up filling them out which I can't help but think its their own fault.  

Edited by Highmark

4 minutes ago, Highmark said:

SMH....no its the request of a ballot to a specific address vs. the random mailing to everyone based off "last known address."  

Is this really that difficult of concept?  

Yes even with absentee ballots upwards of 20% of ballots go uncounted.   3% USPS loses and 17% people fuck up filling them out which I can't help but think its their own fault.  

I understand the difference HM but there is denying that Trump and Dejoy are gutting The USPS although Trump now says he will fund the post office in exchange for some other concessions so who the fuck knows. I also agree with you that 17% of the ballots are fucked up by the voter...it’s simple yet apparently very tough for some!!🤣

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

it's just a coincidence that Trumps finally addressing issues with the post office 90 days before an election.   About time someone manned up and did it.  

:lol: coincidence my ass.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I understand the difference HM but there is denying that Trump and Dejoy are gutting The USPS although Trump now says he will fund the post office in exchange for some other concessions so who the fuck knows. I also agree with you that 17% of the ballots are fucked up by the voter...it’s simple yet apparently very tough for some!!🤣

Sorry but you are misinformed.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/trump-vs-dems-on-mail-in-voting-jason-chaffetz

Ironically, it is House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s H.R. 1 that seeks to federalize elections and give the president power he doesn’t currently have now. Her solution would create the problem she inaccurately blames Trump for today.

The president of the United States does not control the operations of the Postal Service nor does he select or appoint the Postmaster General. The Board of Governors does both of these things. The Postal Regulatory Commission sets rates, service levels and decides on postal closings, not the president.

The governors are appointed by a president and confirmed by the United States Senate. No more than five of the nine governors may be from the same political party.

When President Trump came into office the USPS Board of Governors was in shambles and inoperable as President Obama neglected the board. There were not enough members to even form a quorum. In fact, by December 2016 there were zero of a possible nine appointed Governors. Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., was blocking multiple nominations.

Robert Duncan now serves as the Chairman of the Board of Governors. From 2007 to 2009 he was the Chairman of the Republican National Committee, which will undoubtedly be repeated extensively by Democrats.

Also notable was Duncan’s reappointment to the Board of Governors in 2019 when the U.S. Senate unanimously confirmed him again 89-0. It will be difficult for the Democrats, with a straight face, to complain about Duncan’s leadership when the Senate confirmed him a second time and did so unanimously.

Ron Bloom, for instance, was nominated by President Trump and confirmed by the United States Senate to serve on the Board of Governors, but in 2011 President Obama had appointed Bloom to serve as Assistant to the President (Obama) on Manufacturing Policy. The governors are accomplished members of the business community and largely not overtly political.

The Inspector General (I.G.) is also appointed by the Board of Governors and not by the president of the United States. The current I.G. is Tammy Whitcomb.

Further, the Chairman of the Postal Regulatory Commission (PRC), Robert Taub, was appointed by President Obama and confirmed unanimously by voice vote in the United States Senate in December 2016.  They help set pricing and service levels.

According to their website, the PRC’s Office of Accountability and Compliance, “It provides the analytic support for Commission review of rate changes, negotiated service agreements, classifications of new products, post office closings,…” In other words, it is an independent body, lead by an Obama appointee confirmed by the Senate who makes the postal changes in question.

The PRC also has its own independent Inspector General.

53 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

What am I misinformed about HM? 

That they are intentionally gutting the USPS.   Do you know what is suppose to fund the USPS?   Not covering its losses and wanting it to operate at minimum break even is not "gutting" the post office.

https://www.gao.gov/key_issues/us_postal_service_financial_viability/issue_summary

• Poor financial situation: USPS’s overall financial condition is deteriorating and unsustainable. USPS has lost $69 billion over the past 11 fiscal years—including $3.9 billion in fiscal year 2018. USPS’s total unfunded liabilities and debt ($143 billion at the end of fiscal year 2018) have grown to double its annual revenue.
  • Insufficient cost savings: The savings from  USPS cost-reduction efforts have dwindled in recent years. Although USPS has stated that it will aggressively reduce costs within its control, its plans will not achieve the kind of savings necessary to significantly reduce current operating costs.
  • Unfavorable trends: USPS’s expenses are now growing faster than its revenues—partly due to rising compensation and benefits costs and continuing declines in the volume of First-Class Mail.

https://facts.usps.com/top-facts/

1Zero tax dollars used. The Postal Service receives NO tax dollars for operating expenses and relies on the sale of postage, products and services to fund its operations.

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Sorry but you are misinformed.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/trump-vs-dems-on-mail-in-voting-jason-chaffetz

Ironically, it is House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s H.R. 1 that seeks to federalize elections and give the president power he doesn’t currently have now. Her solution would create the problem she inaccurately blames Trump for today.

The president of the United States does not control the operations of the Postal Service nor does he select or appoint the Postmaster General. The Board of Governors does both of these things. The Postal Regulatory Commission sets rates, service levels and decides on postal closings, not the president.

The governors are appointed by a president and confirmed by the United States Senate. No more than five of the nine governors may be from the same political party.

When President Trump came into office the USPS Board of Governors was in shambles and inoperable as President Obama neglected the board. There were not enough members to even form a quorum. In fact, by December 2016 there were zero of a possible nine appointed Governors. Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., was blocking multiple nominations.

Robert Duncan now serves as the Chairman of the Board of Governors. From 2007 to 2009 he was the Chairman of the Republican National Committee, which will undoubtedly be repeated extensively by Democrats.

Also notable was Duncan’s reappointment to the Board of Governors in 2019 when the U.S. Senate unanimously confirmed him again 89-0. It will be difficult for the Democrats, with a straight face, to complain about Duncan’s leadership when the Senate confirmed him a second time and did so unanimously.

Ron Bloom, for instance, was nominated by President Trump and confirmed by the United States Senate to serve on the Board of Governors, but in 2011 President Obama had appointed Bloom to serve as Assistant to the President (Obama) on Manufacturing Policy. The governors are accomplished members of the business community and largely not overtly political.

The Inspector General (I.G.) is also appointed by the Board of Governors and not by the president of the United States. The current I.G. is Tammy Whitcomb.

Further, the Chairman of the Postal Regulatory Commission (PRC), Robert Taub, was appointed by President Obama and confirmed unanimously by voice vote in the United States Senate in December 2016.  They help set pricing and service levels.

According to their website, the PRC’s Office of Accountability and Compliance, “It provides the analytic support for Commission review of rate changes, negotiated service agreements, classifications of new products, post office closings,…” In other words, it is an independent body, lead by an Obama appointee confirmed by the Senate who makes the postal changes in question.

The PRC also has its own independent Inspector General.

OWNED

38 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

OWNED

GFY Don.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/aug/17/louis-dejoy-usps-postmaster-general-election

It’s clear what is going on and why Trump keeps saying that the election outcome may not be know for years...ect...if you think there is nothing to see here than so be it.

10 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

GFY Don.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/aug/17/louis-dejoy-usps-postmaster-general-election

It’s clear what is going on and why Trump keeps saying that the election outcome may not be know for years...ect...if you think there is nothing to see here than so be it.

what is "gfy?

Edited by XCR1250