Check your account email address ×

Once a lazy dumbass.......

There's apparently a concept in book publishing called "failure to perform" which is what happens when the publisher pays a big advance to an author to write a book, and he doesn't come through. Penguin Random House reportedly paid the Obamas $65 million dollars for two books, one for each of them. The deadline was back in 2018. Michelle came through, but Barack... failed to perform. So far, anyway.

And not for the first time:

Barack Obama, in fact, has a history of failing to perform. A 2006 article by publisher Peter Osnos shed some unflattering light on Obama’s deadline problems. As Osnos related, a 1990 New York Times profile on the Harvard Law Review’s first black president caught the eye of hustling young literary agent Jane Dystel. Dystel persuaded Obama to put a book proposal together, and she submitted it. Poseidon, a small imprint of Simon & Schuster, signed on and authorized a roughly $125,000 advance in November 1990 for Obama’s proposed book.

And, ultimately, even after multiple deadline extensions, Obama failed to produce the required book and Simon & Schuster lost the entire advance.

So none of what's happening now should surprise anybody. But $65 million is a lot of dough and I can't imagine Penguin Random House would just blow it off.

But "failure to perform" is, in many ways, the story of Obama's entire presidency.

One last thing. The Spectator article quoted here is written by Jack Cashill, whom some of you might know wrote that book about TWA 800. I notice that he's got a new one coming out, Unmasking Obama: The Fight to Tell the True Story of a Failed Presidency, the story of "how an American “samizdat” of bloggers, online journals, and citizen journalists challenged the Left — and, occasionally, the more respectable Right — for control of the Obama narrative." This book will be released on Tuesday, Aug. 18th.

http://acecomments.mu.nu/?post=389595

Usually, Americans elect their motherfucking political leaders by what they perceive as positive or likable attributes. 

Obama was a good speaker, and some people commented on his good smile. They liked his wife and two daughters also.

Bush had a nice wife in Laura that presented a good image. 

The public HAS NO FUCKING IDEA HOW GOOD OR HOW BAD THE CANDIDATE ACTUALLY IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The stupid fucking voter can only go on what they see in front of them!!!! 

That's why we get stuck with cunts like Bill Clinton, George Bush and Balack Obama, who nearly destroyed this country in 24 years!!   

Me personally, I think Biden is a dirty corrupt motherfucker who has enriched himself and his family, through his political connections.

I hope they get his kid and him on Ukraine and Burisma. If he gets in, they'll NEVER get him. 

7 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Kinda weak eh knuckledraggers? Biden has to murder someone to top what crap Trump has done.

He is scared of the investigations, and he doesn't want anything 'he wrote' to be proven a lie.

Whats $32.5m against your appearance of honesty in your memoirs?

45 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Kinda weak eh knuckledraggers? Biden has to murder someone to top what crap Trump has done.

Listen to me!!! THEY ALL SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do you hear me????? 

They all can not suck enough!!!

Good people do not seek political offices, because they don't want to put their FAMILIES through the ringer!!!

Therefore, we get stuck with FUCKING ASSHOLES. 

Also, the demographics have changed our country. We are NO LONGER the Cleaver and the Nelson WASPS on MAIN ST., in middle America.

We are now a filth-hole of black, Asian, Hindu, and Muslim scum. 

There can never be a, MAN FOR ALL SEASONS in America again. No president will EVER have full support in America again. 

Every fukkin presidential election will be within 1-2 %. 

Sorry, but the Good 'OL USA is now a shit-hole, and will only get worse.