Check your account email address ×

This is how you save capitalism from itself. Not that I want to...

Why not be pioneers and do something no one has done before? 

It's small minded and short sighted thinking to say "no one has ever done that, so therefore it cannot be done". 

We have basically built this entire society on social constructs. There's nothing saying we can't change those constructs so that the economy serves humanity rather than the other way around. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, motonoggin said:

It's small minded and short sighted thinking to say "no one has ever done that, so therefore it cannot be done". 

We have basically built this entire society on social constructs. There's nothing saying we can't change those constructs so that the economy serves humanity rather than the other way around. 

It can't be done without the heavy fist of a ruling class.   Too many people will simply NEVER agree to it and must be forced to live under it.   History has proven this over and over again.

While not perfect (no system will ever be perfect) free market capitalism has elevated the world to a quality of life simply not possible without it.   You yourself has admitted in the past its not possible to have your system without the "evolution" of mankind.  I agree it can't....I also don't think that evolution of man can or will happen.   

Just now, Highmark said:

It can't be done without the heavy fist of a ruling class.   Too many people will simply NEVER agree to it and must be forced to live under it.   History has proven this over and over again.

While not perfect (no system will ever be perfect) free market capitalism has elevated the world to a quality of life simply not possible without it.   You yourself has admitted in the past its not possible to have your system without the "evolution" of mankind.  I agree it can't....I also don't think that evolution of man can or will happen.   

not really a free market but your point is correct.  The thought that people can survive without structure is laughable.   Structure is a natural thing,  happens throughout the animal kingdom and end of the day we are just animals.  

Just now, Angry ginger said:

not really a free market but your point is correct.  The thought that people can survive without structure is laughable.   Structure is a natural thing,  happens throughout the animal kingdom and end of the day we are just animals.  

Correct....we do not have total free market capitalism but we still are much closer than the alternative.  

13 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Correct....we do not have total free market capitalism but we still are much closer than the alternative.  

Yah....the central bank literally buying the whole fucking stock market is totally close to free market capitalism....derrrrrp

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Free market capitalism ended back in 2012 when TARP came to the rescue of GM and the banks.

15 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Free market capitalism ended back in 2012 when TARP came to the rescue of GM and the banks.

I’d say it was killed when they ended glass steagall

30 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Can't even get the years straight SMH.  

You have a huge hard on for TARP yet have very little understanding of it including the real cost and why it was done.   TARPS effective cost was far less than the damage done by not interfering like it or not.   

On 8/8/2020 at 6:09 AM, Stephen Hawking said:

Wow, that's pretty cool. I thought Bozo the clown was dead. 

No, he just goes by the name Angry Ginger now. :dunno:

55 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

That was far worse for this country than TARP was.  

Just look at these investment banks being used by the fed to inflate asset classes. They make record fucking profits with 0% rates during a quarter where gdp contracted 34%

gimme a fucking break

6 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Just look at these investment banks being used by the fed to inflate asset classes. They make record fucking profits with 0% rates during a quarter where gdp contracted 34%

gimme a fucking break

How are the yields?  Inverted?

:lol:

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

Can't even get the years straight SMH.  

You have a huge hard on for TARP yet have very little understanding of it including the real cost and why it was done.   TARPS effective cost was far less than the damage done by not interfering like it or not.   

Ok shoot me, it was 2008. The bottom line is in a free market system those banks should have been allowed to fail. I've also read articles that the investors in those banks could have bailed them out but they chose the easy way by taking tax dollars. TARP also was not used in ways it was intended for, those banks were supposed to loan that money out to consumers to get the economy rolling and it never happened. This is why I hate the fucking banking industry, the greedy cocksuckers were rewarded for bad behavior, period. Oh and not to mention who's bright idea was it to repeal Glass Steagall? The very greedy cocksuckers who thought the law was too restrictive, oh fucking imagine that and you wonder why the banking industry has to be regulated...............greedy bottom feeders.

2 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Ok shoot me, it was 2008. The bottom line is in a free market system those banks should have been allowed to fail. I've also read articles that the investors in those banks could have bailed them out but they chose the easy way by taking tax dollars. TARP also was not used in ways it was intended for, those banks were supposed to loan that money out to consumers to get the economy rolling and it never happened. This is why I hate the fucking banking industry, the greedy cocksuckers were rewarded for bad behavior, period. Oh and not to mention who's bright idea was it to repeal Glass Steagall? The very greedy cocksuckers who thought the law was too restrictive, oh fucking imagine that and you wonder why the banking industry has to be regulated...............greedy bottom feeders.

The central banking cabal is the most evil group in the history of the world.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

i see i still live rent free inside that big empty melon of yours :bc:  

How did you know that I have a big head??? 

Did Gravano tell ya'??? 

5 hours ago, motonoggin said:

Because it takes away the incentive to work. And without that. you have stagnation.