Check your account email address ×

Do masks really work?

7 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I bought a bunch of N95's for the wife since she has a low immune.  

Great, but what about all the people without masks walking around. They are the main danger to her.

14 hours ago, Big Crappie said:

Great, but what about all the people without masks walking around. They are the main danger to her.

I also got her a face shield.

I told her if the distancing thing looks like it won't work to take a sick or unpaid leave or just retire.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I guess there’s a few stupid cocksuckers that cling like a hunk of shit to the idea that masks don’t work. God damn people are dumb as fuck. 

Not only that but it has been politicized by you know how. Also Anti Mask Republican Louie Gohmert who just tested positive has created an environment where any of his staffers that do wear them are ridiculed...WTF.

8 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I guess there’s a few stupid cocksuckers that cling like a hunk of shit to the idea that masks don’t work. God damn people are dumb as fuck. 

So my cousin tells me his daughter wears a mask at her job and switched to a cloth one from the non-medical type cause she couldn't breath well wearing it.

The type is important if you are going to wear one.  The cloth are useless.

4 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

So my cousin tells me his daughter wears a mask at her job and switched to a cloth one from the non-medical type cause she couldn't breath well wearing it.

I disagree. Cloth do offer a level of protection. That’s been proven by MIT. 

7 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Cloth is not for inhale protection, it's to reduce your filthy pig factor leaving your germs behind. You know, simple common sense respect for each other stuff.

The N95's with the valve are better for breathing but the exhaled air is then unfiltered. 

Edited by Tinker

10 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Not only that but it has been politicized by you know how. Also Anti Mask Republican Louie Gohmert who just tested positive has created an environment where any of his staffers that do wear them are ridiculed...WTF.

They basically mimic trump. It’s quite pathetic to see. I know a trumper that believes the liberals are the people wearing masks. It’s a fixed belief with him. :lol: 

1 minute ago, Tinker said:

Cloth is not for inhale protection, it's to reduce your filthy pig factor leaving your germs behind. You know, simple common sense respect for each other stuff.

The N95's with the valve are better for breathing but the exhaled air is then unfiltered. 

For the longest time we could only get the valved version of the n95. Had to tape it shut with some stuff the mfg issued. 

8 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

That’s way better than nothing. 

Why not wear something better, that is if you must.

I toss mine out at the end of the day and I likely have it on not more than a total of 1/2 hour.

3 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Why not wear something better, that is if you must.

I toss mine out at the end of the day and I likely have it on not more than a total of 1/2 hour.

The main reason, even at this late stage of the game, is that n95 masks are extremely hard to come by. It was never thought of as a priority. The care givers at the skilled nursing home where I worked are rotating their masks by storing in a brown paper bag for a designated period per CDC guidelines. There’s simply not enough n95 masks available. It’s a very pathetic situation.