Check your account email address ×

Do cloth masks work. MIT says yes they do.

• Platinum Contributing Member

My issue with masks is its hard to stop touching your face.   If the virus is on your hands and your fiddling with your mask all the time I think it could feasibly raise concerns.

Think of kids from kindergarten up even past Jr. high.   Little shits would be playing with them non stop. 

9 minutes ago, Highmark said:

My issue with masks is its hard to stop touching your face.   If the virus is on your hands and your fiddling with your mask all the time I think it could feasibly raise concerns.

Think of kids from kindergarten up even past Jr. high.   Little shits would be playing with them non stop. 

You picked your nose nonstop as a kid. Some on this site still do. 

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

You picked your nose nonstop as a kid. Some on this site still do. 

And flung the boog's at kids like you.  :lol:  

They don't work

An N-95 mask filters out particulate matter larger than .3 microns. So the question then is how big is a COVID particle. A COVID particle is about .1 micron....this idea of people doing anything particularly useful w...a mask is just LOONEY TUNES." - Sen. Dr. Scott Jenson, M.D.

Just now, jtssrx said:

They don't work

An N-95 mask filters out particulate matter larger than .3 microns. So the question then is how big is a COVID particle. A COVID particle is about .1 micron....this idea of people doing anything particularly useful w...a mask is just LOONEY TUNES." - Sen. Dr. Scott Jenson, M.D.

I’ll stick with MIT 

Just now, spin_dry said:

I’ll stick with MIT 

Just now, jtssrx said:

Nobody even knows who this doc Jensen is. 

3 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

How about Dr Fauci

He knew the effectiveness of masks all along and covered for the trump administration lack of response to make masks. He’s a fuckhead and a medical sellout. The effectiveness of masks was recognized very early on, but because of the mask shortage, the narrative was switched. 

4 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

He knew the effectiveness of masks all along and covered for the trump administration lack of response to make masks. He’s a fuckhead and a medical sellout. The effectiveness of masks was recognized very early on, but because of the mask shortage, the narrative was switched. 

He wasn't covering for the trump administration. Masks are another form of control and a way to keep the economy down. We are going to Florida in two weeks and it will mostly be a pool vacation as everything requires a mask. who wants to wear a mask at Disney or Universal? They know most don't and again this kills the economy 

Edited by jtssrx

7 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

He wasn't covering for the trump administration. Masks are another form of control and a way to keep the economy down. We are going to Florida in two weeks and it will mostly be a pool vacation as everything requires a mask. who wants to wear a mask at Disney or Universal? They know most don't and again this kills the economy 

Whatever dude. 

49 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Most communicable illness is spread hand to face. And yeah sick people who are constantly counghing into their hands or blowing their noses spread it through everything they touch. And I suppose if they coughed in your face that wouldnt be good and a mask could help with that but you really need to be conscious of what your touch that other people may have touched. 

42 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

They don't work

I believe N95 offers protection to .17 microns where a HEPA filter is .3 microns. An N95 mask is definitely better protection than a cloth mask. 

29 minutes ago, Anler said:

Most communicable illness is spread hand to face. And yeah sick people who are constantly counghing into their hands or blowing their noses spread it through everything they touch. And I suppose if they coughed in your face that wouldnt be good and a mask could help with that but you really need to be conscious of what your touch that other people may have touched. 

this

Isn’t the debate over micron size of an individual COVID unit really not  applicable here?  Wouldn’t they be carried in some sort of vehicle such as water vapor which your body probably atomizes at fairly large micron size as compared with a singular instance of COVID?  I mean, our mouths aren’t exactly fuel injectors fed with 50 psi fuel pressure.  Plus, I bet if you tested a mask that was worn by a COVID positive person, the mask would be full of COVID.  I mean, you wouldn’t wanna lick it, right?   

Edited by XC.Morrison