Check your account email address ×

DHS Chief Says His Federal Agents Are 'Proactively' Arresting People In Portland

DHS Chief Says His Federal Agents Are 'Proactively' Arresting People In Portland

Source: TPM

Acting Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security Chad Wolf spun his unidentified federal agents’ random detainment of nonviolent anti-police brutality protesters in Portland, Oregon as some kind of pre-crime measure on Tuesday night. 

“Because we don’t have that local support, that local law enforcement support, we are having to go out and proactively arrest individuals,” Wolf said during an interview on Fox News. “And we need to do that because we need to hold them accountable.” 

He derided the “ridiculous” notion that federal law enforcement shouldn’t take over a city without local leaders’ permission. 

“You need to hold individuals accountable, and when we don’t do that, I think we get what we see in Portland today,” the Trump administration official said.

Read more: https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/dhs-chief-says-his-federal-agents-are-proactively-arresting-people-in-

1966 Farm workers were trying to start a union

Edited by Mainecat

30 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

It is!! The escalation of violence will make for good news. 

And a Trump distraction OR preparedness for a loss in November.......you know black ops in all Democratic cities.

• Platinum Contributing Member

“Proactive Arrest”...sounds like one of the principles this country was founded on...SMH

BTW  Chad Wolf hasn’t been confirmed as the head of DHS and isn’t qualified.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

When you commit a crime you can expect to get arrested. 

In Chicago there was a mass shooting at a funeral. I guess the cops suspected something could happen so they had a squad at the funeral. Didnt matter, 15 people were shot. 

So.. the mayor who was playing politics and said she didnt want feds in the city helping with the gang problem just changed her mind. They are now coming in. I am not one for bootlicking tactics but enough is enough. these punks are just getting too brazen with their pea shootin and nobody is safe. Time to take out the trash. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Anler said:

In Chicago there was a mass shooting at a funeral. I guess the cops suspected something could happen so they had a squad at the funeral. Didnt matter, 15 people were shot. 

So.. the mayor who was playing politics and said she didnt want feds in the city helping with the gang problem just changed her mind. They are now coming in. I am not one for bootlicking tactics but enough is enough. these punks are just getting too brazen with their pea shootin and nobody is safe. Time to take out the trash. 

Reagan did it in Miami.   Not many complained then.   Guess what...it worked. 

You know an amazing thing happened after the 1994 crime bill.  Was all of it good...nope.   Did it reduce violent crime?   Yep.

400px-United_States_homicide_offending_rates_by_race_1980_2008.svg.png

Edited by Highmark

Just now, Highmark said:

Reagan did it in Miami.   Not many complained then. 

Its CPD's job but like I said in other threads.. There is a 100 people around when these shootings take place and nobody saw shit. But when the cops come to arrest everyone has their phones out talking about the police are abusing them. Well guess what, now you get the faceless body snatchers. 

1 minute ago, Anler said:

Its CPD's job but like I said in other threads.. There is a 100 people around when these shootings take place and nobody saw shit. But when the cops come to arrest everyone has their phones out talking about the police are abusing them. Well guess what, now you get the faceless body snatchers. 

I think it is fantastic. Any notion of these protests have been peaceful is complete bullshit. As far as I’m concerned they can start shooting some of these people dead, who are throwing bricks, ball bearings with slingshots, etc..

I agree its the CPD's job first then state but when it gets out of hand I see no issue with the fed stepping in thru the proper channels.  

Lets face it Chicago is only one failure when it comes to violent crime.   Plenty of other democrap cities that need the same thing. 

Personally I wish the feds would stay out of it and let the people wake up to whom is failing them all on their own but after decades I no longer think that is possible. 

Edited by Highmark

8 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I agree its the CPD's job first then state but when it gets out of hand I see no issue with the fed stepping in thru the proper channels.  

Lets face it Chicago is only one failure when it comes to violent crime.   Plenty of other democrap cities that need the same thing. 

Personally I wish the feds would stay out of it and let the people wake up to whom is failing them all on their own but after decades I no longer think that is possible. 

Its always been a problem but its getting out of control and just too fucking brazen. They just dont give a fuck about anyone or anything. And to be honest there are alot of decent people in these neighborhoods that are living in terror. We just cant allow that and it is already become somewhat "normal" that people are just used to it. We cant become numb to this behavior. 

14 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I think it is fantastic. Any notion of these protests have been peaceful is complete bullshit. As far as I’m concerned they can start shooting some of these people dead, who are throwing bricks, ball bearings with slingshots, etc..

Nothing to do with the protests

8 minutes ago, Anler said:

Its always been a problem but its getting out of control and just too fucking brazen. They just dont give a fuck about anyone or anything. And to be honest there are alot of decent people in these neighborhoods that are living in terror. We just cant allow that and it is already become somewhat "normal" that people are just used to it. We cant become numb to this behavior. 

Why is Chicago's murder solve rate so fucking low?   Cops don't care?   Not enough detectives?   People won't help the police?   All of the above?

22% with black victims is unreal.   Means a lot of murderers continue killing.  The community has to help to get these people off the streets forever.   Locking up the violent offenders for long periods or life really does work at reducing the crime rates. 

1994 crime bill cut it down more than half in 10 years.  

Screen-Shot-2017-01-03-at-5.46.24-PM.png

Edited by Highmark

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Why is Chicago's murder solve rate so fucking low?   Cops don't care?   Not enough detectives?   People won't help the police?   All of the above?

22% with black victims is unreal.   Means a lot of murderers continue killing.  The community has to help to get these people off the streets forever.   Locking up the violent offenders for long periods or life really does work at reducing the crime rates. 

Its because of the "snitches get stiches" rule. If you tell the cops anything youre dead. Cops are doing alot. The police supt was on the other day regarding the incident at the columbus statue and he said they have confiscated 5000 guns this year already. 5000! Thats alot and its still July. So yeah they are out there dealing with this. Here is the video

5 minutes ago, Anler said:

Its because of the "snitches get stiches" rule. If you tell the cops anything youre dead. Cops are doing alot. The police supt was on the other day regarding the incident at the columbus statue and he said they have confiscated 5000 guns this year already. 5000! Thats alot and its still July. So yeah they are out there dealing with this. Here is the video

If that's the main reason then the communities got to step up.   There has to be a way for witness' to at least get the cop on the right track and get more of these killers off the streets.   If they aren't willing to help the police then I can't say I feel that sorry for them.

47 minutes ago, Anler said:

:pc:

Trump to 'surge' federal agents to Chicago, other cities, amid spike in violent crime

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-surge-federal-chicago-spike-violent-crime

If that's the main reason then the communities got to step up.   There has to be a way for witness' to at least get the cop on the right track and get more of these killers off the streets.   If they aren't willing to help the police then I can't say I feel that sorry for them.

I dont think you understand. If you speak up then there are 1200 soldiers ready to do harm to you and your family. Are you going to do that? They just shot up a funeral with a cop sitting outside, they will do whatever and they dont care or fear the law or repercussions. And most of these people dont have the resources to just pick up and move or they already would have. 

Just now, Anler said:

I dont think you understand. If you speak up then there are 1200 soldiers ready to do harm to you and your family. Are you going to do that? They just shot up a funeral with a cop sitting outside, they will do whatever and they dont care or fear the law or repercussions. And most of these people dont have the resources to just pick up and move or they already would have. 

Come on man.   There are ways to get LE on track in these investigations without showing up as a snitch.   Crimestoppers.   Calling in leads.   Lots of ways to do it in the shadow's.   Sure many are afraid but many just won't do it because they hate police.

Just now, Anler said:

100 agents wont cut it. 

No but its a start.  Not like the feds have the manpower to throw a 1000 or 2000 there.  

Just now, Highmark said:

Come on man.   There are ways to get LE on track in these investigations without showing up as a snitch.   Crimestoppers.   Calling in leads.   Lots of ways to do it in the shadow's.   Sure many are afraid but many just won't do it because they hate police.

This isnt a new game, like I said you dont understand. And you are assuming that all of the police are legit. You dont think the gangs pay some of these guys off? I think alot of you are naive to the way things work. 

No but its a start.  Not like the feds have the manpower to throw a 1000 or 2000 there.  

Well thats what it will take. Chicago isnt just a city its like 100 different neighborhoods. Think about where you live and the 50 towns around you. Thats what you are dealing with. 

Well thats what it will take. Chicago isnt just a city its like 100 different neighborhoods. Think about where you live and the 50 towns around you. Thats what you are dealing with

Its way, way more than that so you are right 100 won't do shit.   Community has to do most of it.

Edited by Highmark