Check your account email address ×

Formula 1 2022

13 hours ago, Carlos Danger said:

I find Hamilton to be one of the few drivers in F1 that I like.  Hamilton came up through the ranks of go carts as a poor barely scratching the money together to compete. He is one of the few who has got to his spot on sheer talent and will. 

Anytime someone wins as much as Lewis has over the past several years is going to be disliked by the majority. Same is true in all sports.

• Like 2

On 9/6/2022 at 11:56 AM, Sael said:

#netzero2030

16 hours ago, awful knawful said:

Hamilton was back to his old self today, was nice to see.

Sainz got fucked at first turn.

Max had a horrible last pit stop and still won. But damn he was close to track limits multiple times.

Stroll was doing awesome till that late stupid move put him out and Alonso flying, literally.

Vettel was a beast, especially on last lap, driver of the day!!:ylsuper:

Sainz did that to himself.  Chances of someone T-boning you with a move like that is high with 18 other cars coming full send into the first corner on cold tires and brakes with a 20 mph crosswind.

Stroll's move was dumb.  No worries though, Dad will buy him another car.

14 hours ago, pjameven said:

yup, it was funny listening to Hamilton crying like a little bitch that Max went outside track limits...the guy is just unlikeable...he was doing the same shit...

Everyone would do the same thing in Lewis' position.  He got passed on speed.  The only thing that could win him the race was a time penalty for Max from track limits.  All drivers call this out so their team's can look into it and report to the FIA.

Just now, teamgreen02 said:

#netzero2030

Sainz did that to himself.  Chances of someone T-boning you with a move like that is high with 18 other cars coming full send into the first corner on cold tires and brakes with a 20 mph crosswind.

Everyone would do the same thing in Lewis' position.  He got passed on speed.  The only thing that could win him the race was a time penalty for Max from track limits.  All drivers call this out so their team's can look into it and report to the FIA.

Sainz was on the racing line. Russell locked up trying to go up the inside.

100% on Russell 

1 minute ago, awful knawful said:

Sainz was on the racing line. Russell locked up trying to go up the inside.

100% on Russell 

The results speak for themselves, Sainz DNF, Russell P5 (11 points).  Doesn't matter who's fault it is, gotta finish the race.

4 hours ago, ckf said:

Anytime someone wins as much as Lewis has over the past several years is going to be disliked by the majority. Same is true in all sports.

Oh I agree. I think that many in the pit lanes are not going to be happy if Hamilton starts to Podium in the last few races of the year.  It would mean that Mercedes has worked out their problems which could make them a top team next year. In equal cars I think in  equal cars Hamilton is better than the rest of the field even at this late stage of his career. Red Bull had a good year but much of that came from Mercedes struggles. I am not a huge Verstappen fan to be honest as he seems to drive with his elbows out all the time. 

On 10/20/2022 at 1:34 PM, Crnr2Crnr said:

we're going to be closing up the cottage this weekend so ESPN app on Sunday night it is. 

ESPN app... enormous failure on my part.  The race was on ABC.  

So... I avoided all F1 info since yesterday, got home, blew 10000 pounds of leaves, heated up some leftover chili... and... watched the highlights on fucking youtube.  :bashhead:

23 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Red Bull co-founder and F1 team owner Dietrich Mateschitz passed away yesterday.

There is an exceptionally short list of people who have done more for motorsports than him.  

He leaves a very large hole, especially in F1.  

respect

21 hours ago, awful knawful said:

Hamilton was back to his old self today, was nice to see.

Sainz got fucked at first turn.

Max had a horrible last pit stop and still won. But damn he was close to track limits multiple times.

Stroll was doing awesome till that late stupid move put him out and Alonso flying, literally.

Vettel was a beast, especially on last lap, driver of the day!!:ylsuper:

looked like he had a car that was actually working for him. 

I'd say yes... others may differ.  Carlos has had a great season plagued by horrible luck.  IMO, he's a better overall driver than LeClerc

7 hours ago, pjameven said:

No doubt on the guy's talent.  That goes without saying.  He is an amazing driver.  he has just become unlikeable the last few years 

racers hate losing, world champion racers absolutely loathe it

5 hours ago, ckf said:

yup

the Patriots suck... :lol:

4 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

#netzero2030

I don't care for Stroll... or his father.

4 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

The results speak for themselves, Sainz DNF, Russell P5 (11 points).  Doesn't matter who's fault it is, gotta finish the race.

true

and nothing here about Alonzo's awesome wheelie?

someone is going to punch George Russell... sooner than later. 

1 hour ago, Carlos Danger said:

Oh I agree. I think that many in the pit lanes are not going to be happy if Hamilton starts to Podium in the last few races of the year.  It would mean that Mercedes has worked out their problems which could make them a top team next year. In equal cars I think in  equal cars Hamilton is better than the rest of the field even at this late stage of his career. Red Bull had a good year but much of that came from Mercedes struggles. I am not a huge Verstappen fan to be honest as he seems to drive with his elbows out all the time. 

anyone who doubted Merc would get their shit sorted out... is new to F1

Max and Red Bull actually earned it this year, like them or not.  Max and Lewis are the best two drivers on the track, Max and Checo clearly had better sorted race cars all year long.    

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...