Check your account email address ×

Mass mail in voting.

• Platinum Contributing Member
16 hours ago, 1jkw said:

Like thousands that live in the city, have no car and no need for one as they only use public transportation and the cost of just having a place to park your car is nuts, not to mention the number of older widows in my area alone who don't drive, that was a huge problem.  

It is quite prejudicial according to the judge who didn't allow it.   

The law you posted is not what they were trying to get through.  

You seem to miss the point many types of ID weren't to be permitted if the new law stood. 

Again that is the law now, not what was wanted originally.

I couldn't find anything on what ID's you say were rejected however a standard govt issued photo ID is not a big deal.   The big city, no car is a joke for an excuse and you know it.   

The current law is first time voting in a new district you must present some form of ID and yes it did include a utility bill with current address.   If you can for that time you can for all others. 

Just now, Highmark said:

I couldn't find anything on what ID's you say were rejected however a standard govt issued photo ID is not a big deal.   The big city, no car is a joke for an excuse and you know it.   

The current law is first time voting in a new district you must present some form of ID and yes it did include a utility bill with current address.   If you can for that time you can for all others. 

No it's not a big deal except like in my area the ID center is 40 to 45 miles depending on where you live and open only a few days a week and the court house is only a few miles from the ID center, and many older women in my area didn't drive or had given up their license like my Mom did.  There are many people in the cities that have no car or only one driver in the family, in fact my nephew lives in Philly and has no car he has lived there for 3 years, he may still have a license from when he lived here though.  

Yes, because they didn't get through what they wanted.  As I said any ID that gets you through the rest of your life should be good enough to vote not some limited ID that is hard to get, and that is what PA and other states tried to get passed.  

Again after the initial court decision in Pa.  one of the Representatives walked out of the court room and said " there we just guaranteed  Romney a win". You can lie to yourself all you want and say that these ID laws weren't setout to target a certain group, but court cases prove otherwise. That same group has now had the number of polling places reduced and moved in an attempt to limit their voting ability in some states.

3 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

No it's not a big deal except like in my area the ID center is 40 to 45 miles depending on where you live and open only a few days a week and the court house is only a few miles from the ID center, and many older women in my area didn't drive or had given up their license like my Mom did.  There are many people in the cities that have no car or only one driver in the family, in fact my nephew lives in Philly and has no car he has lived there for 3 years, he may still have a license from when he lived here though.  

Yes, because they didn't get through what they wanted.  As I said any ID that gets you through the rest of your life should be good enough to vote not some limited ID that is hard to get, and that is what PA and other states tried to get passed.  

Again after the initial court decision in Pa.  one of the Representatives walked out of the court room and said " there we just guaranteed  Romney a win". You can lie to yourself all you want and say that these ID laws weren't setout to target a certain group, but court cases prove otherwise. That same group has now had the number of polling places reduced and moved in an attempt to limit their voting ability in some states.

Which group?   Old widows?  :lol:  Again your prejudice on peoples capability to obtain govt ID is noted.  

Hope none of those people ever want or need to fly.  

Edited by Highmark

Here, you can look at all the cases of voter fraud in Pennsylvania.  or anywhere for that matter

https://www.heritage.org/voterfraud/search?state=PA

One in particular relates directly to mail in ballot issues. 

Myron Cowher, Dmitry Kupershmidt

Myron Cowher and Dmitry Kupershmidt were found guilty of attempting to rig a May 2014 election in the private community of Wild Acres Lakes. According to Wild Acres Property Manager Robert Depaolis, Cowher approached him and asked him to provide Cowher with ballots that were due to be mailed to property owners in the community who seldom voted, for the express purpose of filling out those ballots and guaranteeing victory for Cowher's preferred Board of Directors candidates. Depaolis went to the state police, who surveilled a meeting where Depaolis handed over the ballots, catching Cowher in the act of filling out the mail-in ballots. He was arrested and subsequently convicted on 217 counts, including forgery, identity theft, and criminal conspiracy. His accomplice, Kupershmidt, was found guilty on 190 counts. Cohwer received a sentence of between 18 months and four years in a state correctional facility, and was ordered to pay a $10,850 fine. Kuperschmidt's sentencing has been delayed due to a change in attorneys.

27 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Which group?   Old widows?  :lol:  Again your prejudice on peoples capability to obtain govt ID is noted.  

Hope none of those people ever want or need to fly.  

Take a wild guess. And it's not my prejudice, it was the courts ruling that the ID requirement showed prejudice. 

I doubt like hell they fly , and if they need to they will need to do what is needed to fly or not fly.

1 minute ago, 1jkw said:

Take a wild guess. And it's not my prejudice, it was the courts ruling that the ID requirement showed prejudice. 

I doubt like hell they fly , and if they need to they will need to do what is needed to fly or not fly.

Likely minorities.  Most minorities I seen interviewed are insulted by the idea their "community" can't obtain or don't already have a form of govt photo ID.  

Sounds like you would fit in well in this video.  

14 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Here, you can look at all the cases of voter fraud in Pennsylvania.  or anywhere for that matter

https://www.heritage.org/voterfraud/search?state=PA

One in particular relates directly to mail in ballot issues. 

Myron Cowher, Dmitry Kupershmidt

Myron Cowher and Dmitry Kupershmidt were found guilty of attempting to rig a May 2014 election in the private community of Wild Acres Lakes. According to Wild Acres Property Manager Robert Depaolis, Cowher approached him and asked him to provide Cowher with ballots that were due to be mailed to property owners in the community who seldom voted, for the express purpose of filling out those ballots and guaranteeing victory for Cowher's preferred Board of Directors candidates. Depaolis went to the state police, who surveilled a meeting where Depaolis handed over the ballots, catching Cowher in the act of filling out the mail-in ballots. He was arrested and subsequently convicted on 217 counts, including forgery, identity theft, and criminal conspiracy. His accomplice, Kupershmidt, was found guilty on 190 counts. Cohwer received a sentence of between 18 months and four years in a state correctional facility, and was ordered to pay a $10,850 fine. Kuperschmidt's sentencing has been delayed due to a change in attorneys.

Yes and this is what happens when you do try, you get caught. No one says that there aren't some people that try to rig the system, but there are safeguards in place, and as was just shown most people don't want to take a chance on going to jail over voting. 

Explain how voter ID stops this.

2 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

Yes and this is what happens when you do try, you get caught. No one says that there aren't some people that try to rig the system, but there are safeguards in place, and as was just shown most people don't want to take a chance on going to jail over voting. 

Explain how voter ID stops this.

This is about MAILING BALLOTS.   Voter id helps to curb Impersonation Fraud At The Polls and False Registrations

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Likely minorities.  Most minorities I seen interviewed are insulted by the idea their "community" can't obtain or don't already have a form of govt photo ID.  

Sounds like you would fit in well in this video.  

I went by the courts ruling, and that was what they found.  This isn't about me it is about a group people doing anything they can to limit someone's right to vote, by limiting ID type or number and placement of polling places. You seem like the one who wants to limit peoples right to vote , not me.

2 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

I went by the courts ruling, and that was what they found.  This isn't about me it is about a group people doing anything they can to limit someone's right to vote, by limiting ID type or number and placement of polling places. You seem like the one who wants to limit peoples right to vote , not me.

Just stop, this is about stopping fraud, nothing we are talking about limits peoples right to vote.   But as usual, when the conversation turns to voter id, many like you fall back to that strawman argument.

3 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

Dude you sound just like the white people in the video.   Just admit it.  

I don't want to limit peoples right to vote because I have faith that people can obtain or already have a govt issued photo ID.   I don't feel people are incapable of obtaining one.  

Edited by Highmark

Just now, racer254 said:

This is about MAILING BALLOTS.   Voter id helps to curb Impersonation Fraud At The Polls and False Registrations

Yes, and as stated the guy got caught. Why? Because there is a very limited number of people that are willing to go to jail over voting. 

In person voter fraud is virtually nonexistent, except in the minds of people like you. Study after study has proven this, and court cases were lost because they could produce ZERO EVIDENCE of in person voter fraud.  No reason a utility bill can't be used as proof as it is what is used in cases of identity theft, and as was posted legal ID for voting in Pa.

Make a Saturday Election Day or declare a holiday for it. It’s way more important than all the other holidays.

But yeah we all know why it won’t happen.....well maybe when Biden is elected and the dumb repubs lose the senate...maybe then....OR put it on the national ballot and see what voters think?

Edited by Mainecat

Just now, 1jkw said:

Yes, and as stated the guy got caught. Why? Because there is a very limited number of people that are willing to go to jail over voting. 

In person voter fraud is virtually nonexistent, except in the minds of people like you. Study after study has proven this, and court cases were lost because they could produce ZERO EVIDENCE of in person voter fraud.  No reason a utility bill can't be used as proof as it is what is used in cases of identity theft, and as was posted legal ID for voting in Pa.

FFS, I gave you the site to look it up.  Do you know how many crimes are committed where the people don't get caught?

Just now, Mainecat said:

Make a Saturday election or declare a holiday for it. It’s way more important than all the other holidays.

But yeah we all know why it won’t happen.....well maybe when Biden is elected and the dumb repubs lose the senate...maybe then....OR put it on the national ballot and see what voters think?

Another dipshit.   Biden and many other dems have had DECADES to try and do this.  Why haven't they?

5 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Just stop, this is about stopping fraud, nothing we are talking about limits peoples right to vote.   But as usual, when the conversation turns to voter id, many like you fall back to that strawman argument.

No it's about  limiting peoples right to vote period, as is moving and limiting the number of polling places. 

This is what was found in court cases, not in your mind, but in cases litigated by lawyers and ruled on by a Conservative Judge.

1 minute ago, racer254 said:

FFS, I gave you the site to look it up.  Do you know how many crimes are committed where the people don't get caught?

No I don't and neither do you, but in a  six year study it was a fraction of far less than 1/10 of 1% were in person voter fraud.

1 minute ago, 1jkw said:

No I don't and neither do you, but in a  six year study it was a fraction of far less than 1/10 of 1% were in person voter fraud.

I think you just proved why Mail in ballots cause way more fraud vs In person voting, so why are you pushing for mail in ballots?

13 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Dude you sound just like the white people in the video.   Just admit it.  

I don't want to limit peoples right to vote because I have faith that people can obtain or already have a govt issued photo ID.   I don't feel people are incapable of obtaining one.  

Again you try to miss the point, the same group moves and limits the number of polling places, for the same group that the courts have ruled, not me the court were shown to be targeted , make it about anything else that makes you feel better I guess.

Or just let them use the same ID that they do everything else in their life with. Is that too hard for you to understand?

Just now, 1jkw said:

Again you try to miss the point, the same group moves and limits the number of polling places, for the same group that the courts have ruled, not me the court were shown to be targeted , make it about anything else that makes you feel better I guess.

Or just let them use the same ID that they do everything else in their life with. Is that too hard for you to understand?

Dude that's all I've been advocating for.  :lol:  Any simple govt issued photo ID.  

Republicans have sort of left us with no choice other than mail in voting in many areas.  They closed 868 polling places in just three years — many of them in primarily black communities.  Don’t tell me voter suppression isn’t real.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.governing.com/topics/politics/sl-polling-place-close-ahead-of-november-elections-black-voters.html%3FAMP