Check your account email address ×

Mass mail in voting.

• Platinum Contributing Member
33 minutes ago, XC.Morrison said:

Republicans have sort of left us with no choice other than mail in voting in many areas.  They closed 868 polling places in just three years — many of them in primarily black communities.  Don’t tell me voter suppression isn’t real.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.governing.com/topics/politics/sl-polling-place-close-ahead-of-november-elections-black-voters.html%3FAMP

Don't worry planned parenthood will swoop in and put up their own facilities in those areas.  

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Don't worry planned parenthood will swoop in and put up their own facilities in those areas.  

I doubt it.  Republicans basically got rid of them too.  There’s only like 1 abortion clinic in Kentucky, Mississippi, Missouri, North Dakota, South Dakota and West Virginia.  Basically 90% of counties are without one.  Luckily there are more PP locations that offer birth control, cancer screenings, and other health services but thanks to Trumps defunding, there are now 58 fewer of those locations.  Most states have fewer than 2 clinics per 100k women aged 15-49.  I just don’t see how they’d effectively be able to double as polling stations under the current admin but maybe it would be a worthwhile dialogue to have in a future admin.  

3 minutes ago, XC.Morrison said:

I doubt it.  Republicans basically got rid of them too.  There’s only like 1 abortion clinic in Kentucky, Mississippi, Missouri, North Dakota, South Dakota and West Virginia.  Basically 90% of counties are without one.  Luckily there are more PP locations that offer birth control, cancer screenings, and other health services but thanks to Trumps defunding, there are now 58 fewer of those locations.  Most states have fewer than 2 clinics per 100k women aged 15-49.  I just don’t see how they’d effectively be able to double as polling stations under the current admin but maybe it would be a worthwhile dialogue to have in a future admin.  

Don't worry they aren't the only place woman can have abortions.    They make up less than 1/3rd.  

1 hour ago, racer254 said:

Rent Free.   Woo hoo.

Hardly and in case you hadn’t noticed I rarely respond to or mention you in my posts...this is one of those rare occasions. 🤣