Check your account email address ×

US 'likely' to see shortage of pharmaceutical drugs if coronavirus outbreak continues, intelligence report finds

39 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

you know why because once most shit bags left or rigbt get on any fourm of govenment assistance they don't want to give it up and even feel entitled to it . you know what I am saying  jimmy .

Well let's face it, Republicans had no intention of fixing anyway. The only republican I heard talking about it (intelligently) was newt Gingrich. Republicans ran him and the other fiscal conservatives off a long time ago. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Sure, lets focus on prescription drug prices, because the narrative told you to.  He hasn't accomplished anything at all.  Vote Democrat!  :lol:  Idiots.

The narrative here is that Trump is full of shit and you would eat the corn out of his stool.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

1 hour ago, Ez ryder said:

you know why because once most shit bags left or rigbt get on any fourm of govenment assistance they don't want to give it up and even feel entitled to it . you know what I am saying  jimmy .

Not really...most of your posts are meth and crack induced gibberish. 

Sure, lets focus on prescription drug prices, because the narrative told you to.  He hasn't accomplished anything at all.  Vote Democrat!  :lol:  Idiots.

umm no. We are talking about it because you brought it up :lol: 

You brought up the price of prescription drugs.

WTF :lol:

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Not really...most of your posts are meth and crack induced gibberish. 

ok jimmy so just how much of your monthly  health insurance bill are the tax payers of America paying for ?only people i ever talk with who think this abortion was and is a good thing are getting a subsidy . the rest of us are getting fucked with higher bills with higher deductibles 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

ok jimmy so just how much of your monthly  health insurance bill are the tax payers of America paying for ?only people i ever talk with who think this abortion was and is a good thing are getting a subsidy . the rest of us are getting fucked with higher bills with higher deductibles 

Bingo.  And no one wants to give up free gov'mint money once they start getting that handout.  

Edited by racer254
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

:lol:  so clueless

4 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

:lol:  so clueless

Remember that this is the guy that says immediately cut the US budget 30% and then start making REAL cuts...also Racer agrees with him which is never good! :lol:

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Remember that this is the guy that says immediately cut the US budget 30% and then start making REAL cuts...also Racer agrees with him which is never good! :lol:

I am sure all those with preexisting conditions would just love to see obamacare disappear.  Obamacare has little to do with the current premiums out there.  costs were skyrocketing before it went into place.  The exchange in many ways is a good thing,  what we should do is ban employer direct paid insurance so everyone has to go buy it on their own.   If a company wants they can pay an allowance but give people the job of getting it on their own.  They would realize that the system is fucked and maybe we could move in the direction of nationals catastrophic health coverage at least.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

I am sure all those with preexisting conditions would just love to see obamacare disappear.  Obamacare has little to do with the current premiums out there.  costs were skyrocketing before it went into place.  The exchange in many ways is a good thing,  what we should do is ban employer direct paid insurance so everyone has to go buy it on their own.   If a company wants they can pay an allowance but give people the job of getting it on their own.  They would realize that the system is fucked and maybe we could move in the direction of nationals catastrophic health coverage at least.  

Ive been saying that forever. But the fucking idiot americans are far too happy to have someone else pay for their health insurance. They think if their employer pays for it its cheaper! Just the opposite fucksticks... 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Anler said:

Ive been saying that forever. But the fucking idiot americans are far too happy to have someone else pay for their health insurance. They think if their employer pays for it its cheaper! Just the opposite fucksticks... 

so much easier from an employer perspective as well.  pick a subsidy number and stick with it.  if costs go up then the employee pays the increase and realizes  how fucked the system is.  

18 hours ago, Anler said:

Not in my area.   Its considerably more expensive to get a single policy than what we pay for the group rates.   Not even close.   Its why every single person who leaves pays for Cobra to stay on ours as long as they can.....on their own its much, much higher. 

HI is not as simple as looking at one region/city.  

Edited by Highmark

2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

so much easier from an employer perspective as well.  pick a subsidy number and stick with it.  if costs go up then the employee pays the increase and realizes  how fucked the system is.  

We've covered almost every increase we've seen in the past 20 years.   Many times we had to get creative with the plans but our employee's out of pocket has virtually remained the same.   Does everyone do this....no but many do especially if you want to keep the majority of who you have. 

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

I really do not believe most understand health insurance and how it thrives off of rising health care costs. its just what they are used to and are scared of change or scared of losing what they have. I believe that the elimination of health insurance will ultimately bring about a more fundamental and affordable system of health care. And I also believe that a govt system would be fully corrupted. 

13 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Not in my area.   Its considerably more expensive to get a single policy than what we pay for the group rates.   Not even close.   Its why every single person who leaves pays for Cobra to stay on ours as long as they can.....on their own its much, much higher. 

HI is not as simple as looking at one region/city.  

I dont think you understood the context I was using. But yes I understand that individual policies are more expensive. But what do you think would happen to the cost of health insurance overall if it wasnt employer provided?  

17 minutes ago, Anler said:

I dont think you understood the context I was using. But yes I understand that individual policies are more expensive. But what do you think would happen to the cost of health insurance overall if it wasnt employer provided?  

Honestly I think it would increase for most.   You can buy cheaper in volume to start not to mention its the way insurance is suppose to work.   More insured hopefully lowers the cost as you have more healthy to balance out the unhealthy.   No different than auto insurance cost is based on risk.   Without spreading the risk out it goes up. 

A while back Buffett, Bezos and Dimon were going to found a HI company to take care of their employee's.   I thought it was brilliant but haven't heard much lately.  

Reality is this.   Insurance is only a small part of HC costs.   HC is the overwhelming majority of it.   If we are going to get serious about costs we have to look at what is the largest driving factor.....the HC itself.   DL runs about 10% of my sales as my products have a high component cost associated with them.   DM's run anywhere from 55-70%.   In order to be more profitable its easiest to go after the largest low hanging fruit and its not labor.   HI is like my DL when looking at HC costs. 

Edited by Highmark

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Honestly I think it would increase for most.   You can buy cheaper in volume to start not to mention its the way insurance is suppose to work.   More insured hopefully lowers the cost as you have more healthy to balance out the unhealthy.   No different than auto insurance cost is based on risk.   Without spreading the risk out it goes up. 

A while back Buffett, Bezos and Dimon were going to found a HI company to take care of their employee's.   I thought it was brilliant but haven't heard much lately.  

Wasnt that the premise of the ACA? 

But i disagree on non-employer provided health insurance because if it was more expensive I think many just wouldnt buy it. And I think they would negotiate with doctors and health providers on their own like many do already. My insurance for my family (which I pay 100% for) is about $1800 a month. I dont think many people would buy insurance if they had to pay that. And if most patients didnt have insurance the providers would have to negotiate with the patients directly. Just by doing that you already eliminate the provider and at least a middle man broker. Not to mention the expense providers incur just for medical billing to insurance companies.  

And as health costs rise so do the premiums and co-pays which the patients have to pay. Good providers who promote effective functional medicine would thrive while shitty doctors and providers would not. 

2. on Buffet, Bezos and DImon becoming self insured is not a new concept either. Many contractors do that with their workers comp insurance. But with the money I pay in both health insurance and workers comp I could have easily been self funded and saved a shit ton of cash. And we are small fries in comparison to those guys. Doing this also promotes a healthier work force. Having incentives for good health only makes everyone stronger, the company and the employees. There are lots of benefits from moving away from  traditional health insurance.

29 minutes ago, Anler said:

Wasnt that the premise of the ACA? 

But i disagree on non-employer provided health insurance because if it was more expensive I think many just wouldnt buy it. And I think they would negotiate with doctors and health providers on their own like many do already. My insurance for my family (which I pay 100% for) is about $1800 a month. I dont think many people would buy insurance if they had to pay that. And if most patients didnt have insurance the providers would have to negotiate with the patients directly. Just by doing that you already eliminate the provider and at least a middle man broker. Not to mention the expense providers incur just for medical billing to insurance companies.  

And as health costs rise so do the premiums and co-pays which the patients have to pay. Good providers who promote effective functional medicine would thrive while shitty doctors and providers would not. 

2. on Buffet, Bezos and DImon becoming self insured is not a new concept either. Many contractors do that with their workers comp insurance. But with the money I pay in both health insurance and workers comp I could have easily been self funded and saved a shit ton of cash. And we are small fries in comparison to those guys. Doing this also promotes a healthier work force. Having incentives for good health only makes everyone stronger, the company and the employees. There are lots of benefits from moving away from  traditional health insurance.

Yes it was the premise of PPACA.   I said the penalties needed to be more than the cost of insurance if it was to work and in almost every case it wasn't.   I'm also not a fan of the govt fining you for not buying something for yourself.   Personally I think that version is unconstitutional.  My employee's couldn't dream of getting even remotely the same coverage for the cost/deductible our plan cost on the exchanges.  It was over twice as much in most cases.  

On the bold.   I see your point and its valid however I'm just not sure how many people would save that money for when its needed.   You would see a significant increase in medical bankruptcies.   If what we pay for employee's insurance was given to them in increased pay where do you think most of that would end up?   Surely for most it wouldn't be a rainy day or HC fund.   It would be on more expensive homes, boats, UTV's, strippers, drugs.....you name it not to mention the govt tax that would take part of it.   The more people insured the less the insurance "should" cost.  

Good discussion.  :bc:  

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

On 6/29/2020 at 12:29 PM, Jimmy Snacks said:

so jimmy we know you would not want 30% cuts because that would start to eat in to your insurace coverage .

just like a true cunt cry about the massive spending then mock any suggestion of cuts . yeah can't think about cuts even a measly 30% lmfao . 

why don't you go off to a new thread and bitch about spending some more 

• Thanks 1