Check your account email address ×

Many Cops Are Stepping Down...

• Platinum Contributing Member

Foolish to step down.   Just change how the job is done.   If someone resists.....let them go back into the community and let them deal with it.  

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Foolish to step down.   Just change how the job is done.   If someone resists.....let them go back into the community and let them deal with it.  

If they have to stop assaulting people at will, they’re done. :lol: 

1 hour ago, Polaris 550 said:

The minute cops are no longer indemnified, you will see many leave.    

Cops should be responsible for inappropriate action.   They are not above the law.   The insurance or payouts for inappropriate behavior should come from their pockets and it would fix things quickly.

Reality is the issues we have with police come from multiple reasons.   

1. Unions and the mentality that goes along with it.   2. Insufficient training.   3. Type of individual who pursues a career in law enforcement.  (too many are power hungry douche bags.)

Mix that in high crime neighborhoods and its a recipe for disaster.   Always has been.

Edited by Highmark

5 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Cops should be responsible for inappropriate action.   They are not above the law.   The insurance or payouts for inappropriate behavior should come from their pockets and it would fix things quickly.

1. Unions and the mentality that goes along with it.   2. Insufficient training.   3. Type of individual who pursues a career in law enforcement.  (too many are power hungry douche bags.)

Mix that in high crime neighborhoods and its a recipe for disaster.   Always has been.

How much research have you done on inner-city policing?

24 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

How much research have you done on inner-city policing?

Enough to know both sides have issues.  

17 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

That much, wow.

:lol:

OK professor inner city.  :lol:  

Dude there are lots of problems in the inner cities with crime and yes a significant portion is with minorities.    Nobody is denying that.  You also have to be pretty obtuse to think there are zero issues in policing.   

Now am I claiming its as big of an issue as its being made out to be with the current riots and protesting?   Nope.   

Am I claiming that it isn't really tough policing in those area's seeing what goes on every single day?   Nope. 

Do I think its incredibly hypocritical the fact that the only lives that seem to matter to some are ones taken by police.   Absofuckinglutely.  

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

YEs, maybe it does attract some bad apples. Problem is, you GOOD guys won't apply, and can't make it through the academy, and are afraid to do the job. 

That's why you don't get all the " PERFECT " candidates that you want. 

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

1. Unions and the mentality that goes along with it.   2. Insufficient training.   3. Type of individual who pursues a career in law enforcement.  (too many are power hungry douche bags.) 4. Nepotism

You left one out... 

Just now, Polaris 550 said:

YEs, maybe it does attract some bad apples. Problem is, you GOOD guys won't apply, and can't make it through the academy, and are afraid to do the job. 

That's why you don't get all the " PERFECT " candidates that you want. 

Didn't you claim you were retired LE? 

Lots of reasons people don't get into LE.   

Just now, Highmark said:

Didn't you claim you were retired LE? 

Lots of reasons people don't get into LE.   

Yes, but why don't all you " PERFECT " guys get into it???

The main reason they don't get into it, is because they are afraid. 

2 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

Yes, but why don't all you " PERFECT " guys get into it???

The main reason they don't get into it, is because they are afraid. 

Never claimed to be perfect and to be perfectly honest I don't think I'd make a good street cop at all.   It has nothing to do with fear.   I don't buy into the union mentality that LE suffers from.   I learned a hard lesson in college about sticking up for those you shouldn't and wouldn't ever do it again.         

Edited by Highmark

7 minutes ago, Highmark said:

In LE?

In the city forces yeah. Lots of guys go into the family business. Neighborhood I used to live in all of the guys I knew whose dads were cops became cops also. 

My one bud has pictures of his dad from like the 60's or so, when he killed someone in the line of duty they got a check for $50. They have pictures of him holding his check. His dad killed 7 people. 

Just now, Anler said:

In the city forces yeah. Lots of guys go into the family business. Neighborhood I used to live in all of the guys I knew whose dads were cops became cops also. 

My one bud has pictures of his dad from like the 60's or so, when he killed someone in the line of duty they got a check for $50. They have pictures of him holding his check. His dad killed 7 people. 

I knew being LE ran in many families but do they gain an advantage because of it?