Check your account email address ×

Here You Go Fellas...Show Your Orange Love

9 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

They are great and balanced guns.  I don’t own one (somewhat astonishing) but my old man has a couple.  I’m just not really into non-tacticals.  I’ll buy a Kimber when I get into a froggy mood though.

My neighbor across the street is into kimbers. Both he and his wife. Fucking Kimber fanatics. They are nices pieces. I really enjoy my P320. It’s the pistol of choice right now.  Spend a day with one and you’ll know why the army picked it. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
31 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

The 1911 is a solid and proven piece.  But it’s a nostalgic weapon now.  Something kept in a nice case.  It is zero comparison to a modern tactical. Especially a Sig or HK.

Agreed but they really are piece of history. :thumbsup:

I've always wanted a Ruger No. 1 Rifle...I realize it's just a single shot but damn they are beautiful.

IMG_5386.thumb.JPG.d120e3df7bb429ee5e83c7b0f84d105f.JPG

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

Just now, spin_dry said:

My neighbor across the street is into kimbers. Both he and his wife. Fucking Kimber fanatics. They are nices pieces. I really enjoy my P320. It’s the pistol of choice right now.  Spend a day with one and you’ll know why the army picked it. 

I’ll take my HK .45 compact instead.

A 1911 or shotgun are the two best home defense pieces.  The optics of killing somebody with any tactical piece is tougher to overcome in court.  

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Agreed but they really are piece of history. :thumbsup:

Not to mention, it's amazing how many manufacturers today after all these years still copy/imitate the design.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

I’ll take my HK .45 compact instead.

A 1911 or shotgun are the two best home defense pieces.  The optics of killing somebody with any tactical piece is tougher to overcome in court.  

HK’s are nice. Way overpriced IMO. I’d never rely on a 9mm for home defense. Maybe a bedside companion. 

2 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Not to mention, it's amazing how many manufacturers today after all these years still copy/imitate the design.

The Volkswagen beetle was produced for about as long. :lol: 

Just now, spin_dry said:

HK’s are nice. Way overpriced IMO. I’d never rely on a 9mm for home defense. Maybe a bedside companion. 

9mm isn’t really a good close quarter round.  The principal was the same as a 5.56 with it inflicting bleed out wounds but, at close range in a home defense situation, that’s a dangerous and silly play.  

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

Hell I want one of these as well in .357...my wish list is stretching the budget though! :lmao:

IMG_5387.thumb.JPG.c647954de1d5c84c898acca0d77ed507.JPG

That’s an Alaskan bush cannon!  Unless you are Barbiehands and know the bears won’t to kill you if you show them you aren’t a threat.  :lol:

Just now, Zambroski said:

9mm isn’t really a good close quarter round.  The principal was the same as a 5.56 with it inflicting bleed out wounds but, at close range in a home defense situation, that’s a dangerous and silly play.  

Some of the new +P or +P+ 9mm rounds are pretty stout. Underwood Ammo is making some wicked ass shit. 1450fps and close to 500 ftpds at the muzzle. That’s pretty good for the Luger round. Not all guns can stand up the barrel pressures though. 

2 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Some of the new +P or +P+ 9mm rounds are pretty stout. Underwood Ammo is making some wicked ass shit. 1450fps and close to 500 ftpds at the muzzle. That’s pretty good for the Luger round. Not all guns can stand up the barrel pressures though. 

Depends on what you are using it for but, that is too fast for a CCB weapon.  You don’t want it to move through the body (assailant armor depending).  And if you have a specialty round, again, depends on what you are using it for but it better not be a home invasion scenario. A slow moving, large caliber ball, is the best bet.

• Like 1

How about a S&W 500, I had a customer about 15 years back who showed me his, he also had a Federal Firearm License. It's an impressive piece, he showed me a box of 12 rounds, at that time the price tag on the box read $48. 

Smith & Wesson S&W500, Revolver, .500 S&W Magnum, 8.38" Barrel, 5 ...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Depends on what you are using it for but, that is too fast for a CCB weapon.  You don’t want it to move through the body (assailant armor depending).  And if you have a specialty round, again, depends on what you are using it for but it better not be a home invasion scenario. A slow moving, large caliber ball, is the best bet.

I'll take a 12 gauge with #2 or #4 shot.

4 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

I'll take a 12 gauge with #2 or #4 shot.

The first two of mine are bird shot (one chambered). Followed by three 00, followed by slugs.  If that doesn’t do it, I deserve to die.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

The first two of mine are bird shot (one chambered). Followed by three 00, followed by slugs.  If that doesn’t do it, I deserve to die.

Oh for sure, that would be something Barbiehands could pull off easily. :lol:

Shoots And Misses GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Just now, Zambroski said:

Very true. 

45 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

How about a S&W 500, I had a customer about 15 years back who showed me his, he also had a Federal Firearm License. It's an impressive piece, he showed me a box of 12 rounds, at that time the price tag on the box read $48. 

I saw them being made and tested. A true hand cannon

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, snoughnut said:

Damn....Dirty Harry and then some! 

On 4/30/2020 at 8:19 PM, Shifty said:

1911’s are boomer guns 

On 5/1/2020 at 8:27 AM, spin_dry said:

They’re from another century. 

They are like throwing snowballs. You can literally watch the bullet fly. I guess the mass not the velocity does all the work. Every one I shot was about as accurate as Mainecat.

On 5/1/2020 at 9:38 AM, spin_dry said:

Versus 750-850 for .45