Check your account email address ×

Vermont reports zero new cases of Covid-19

ckf

A nurse speaks to an incoming patient at Central Vermont Medical Center’s drive-up COVID-19 testing area in Berlin. Photo by Mike Dougherty/VTDigger

📈 Get the latest statistics and live updates on our coronavirus page.
📫 Sign up for our coronavirus email list.
🗣️ Tell us your story or give feedback at coronavirus@vtdigger.org.

Vermont currently has 862 confirmed Covid-19 cases, the same number as yesterday, according to the Department of Health website —  marking the first day without any new reported cases since March 13.

The state also logged no new deaths, but that is more typical. Sunday and Tuesday also had no deaths, and Monday had only one. The state’s number of new cases each day has been on a decline for several weeks.

Gov. Phil Scott at his Wednesday press conference said the zero new cases was “great news,” but added, “one day doesn’t create a trend, and we have to look at the trend lines to see where we’re going.”

Edited by ckf
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ckf said:

I think we closed down earlier than most.  And I think the Vermont residents took it seriously. 

You guys are just a bunch of pot smoking hippies that never leave the house anyways!!!!1!

:lol: :bc:

• Haha 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
10 minutes ago, Tinker said:

What did Vermont do different ?

Density of the population.

Don't process their own meat.

Low legal/illegal immigration numbers per captia. (immigrants tend to load up households) 

Not a popular state for travel from China.

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Density of the population.

Don't process their own meat.

Low legal/illegal immigration numbers per captia. (immigrants tend to load up households) 

Not a popular state for travel from China.

Agreed on most. I'm not sure about the illegal immigration numbers though. There are a lot of un documented workers on the local dairy farms.

28 minutes ago, GGNHL said:

You guys are just a bunch of pot smoking hippies that never leave the house anyways!!!!1!

:lol: :bc:

Like Mainers are that different, lol.

27 minutes ago, Tinker said:

Us Nooks are tryin !!

Keep after it :lol:

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, ckf said:

Agreed on most. I'm not sure about the illegal immigration numbers though. There are a lot of un documented workers on the local dairy farms.

Like Mainers are that different, lol.

Keep after it :lol:

Just going off one statistic I seen Iowa has 10x's Vermont but we have 5x's the people. (which shocked me)    I'm not sure you can trust any numbers as they are just estimates.

Lots of estimates put it at 10 million then Yale did a study that put the US total as high as 29.5 million.

I've seen everything in Iowa where a large family farm may have one or two to packing plants and large hog facilities that the majority of the workforce might be.  I'm not just talking about illegal immigrants but those here on temporary work visa's as well.   I'm also not making a guess because of someone's heritage but firsthand conversations with those that hire them and the amount of raids that have taken place in the state in the past decade.      

1 hour ago, steve from amherst said:

2and largest state in new England  by land  area . Lowest population  in new England 

yup,  north of concord in NH and Lewiston  in Maine look the same as VT because people are not on top of each other and social distance anyways during mud season.  

25 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

yup,  north of concord in NH and Lewiston  in Maine look the same as VT because people are not on top of each other and social distance anyways during mud season.  

Closing the ski areas and snowmobile trails in VT early helped too. That cutoff the reason for the MA, CT and NY tourists to come to the area. 

Most of the deaths were in the nursing  homes in the  Burlington area. Only 2 reported cases in my county. 

Vermont only has about 650 thousand, mostly white, Christian, European/American farmers spread out. Not like this area inundated with Asian, sub-Asian Indian vermin. They all got high-tech jobs, pay 850 for a new house, send their ugly fukkin kids to our good schools, then off to a good college. Lousy vermin are wealthy and smart. 

3 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

Vermont only has about 650 thousand, mostly white, Christian, European/American farmers spread out. Not like this area inundated with Asian, sub-Asian Indian vermin. They all got high-tech jobs, pay 850 for a new house, send their ugly fukkin kids to our good schools, then off to a good college. Lousy vermin are wealthy and smart. 

strange i am out every day and could not tell you the last time i saw an Asian.  I have a handful as clients over the course of a year but certainly not overrun.  

5 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

strange i am out every day and could not tell you the last time i saw an Asian.  I have a handful as clients over the course of a year but certainly not overrun.  

Where are you located? 

4 minutes ago, ckf said:

That got me curious.... @Angry ginger  are both malls still there?  IHOP?

they tore down the old newington mall and made an outdoor shopping center anchored by Kohls, Best Buy and Dicks.  The IHOP moved and is in the parking lot where the old movie theater was in the newington mall parking lot.  Fox Run Mall is still there but who knows for how long.  Sears is already closed and the other anchors are JC Penny and MAcys which are having issues.  Prob will end up becoming a mixed use office and outdoor shopping center in the next 10 years.  

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, ckf said:

He's on the seacoast.  Works at the former Pease AF base.

Ok , Portsmouth. 

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

The dot heads and chinks know what communities have the best school systems. It draws them like flies to shit.