Check your account email address ×

CV numbers dropping

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

:news:   Imagine if California numbers were taken out it would look even worse.

I'm not trying to make any political statement posting this I just find the stats incredible.  13x's more deaths. 

I'd like to see a link to how many tests were done. That would shed light on the ratio far better than just how many people vs how many cases.

• Platinum Contributing Member
26 minutes ago, Big Crappie said:

I'm guessing blue states did more tests.

Maybe blue states where calling more deaths covid whether they were or not. 

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Maybe blue states where calling more deaths covid whether they were or not. 

Could be that they are, but to cause that large of a disparity I doubt that is the cause.

Let's see some more data before we make any rash decisions base on red vs blue ok?

Edited by Big Crappie

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, Big Crappie said:

Could be that they are, but to cause that large of a disparity I doubt that is the cause.

Let's see some more data before we make any rash decisions base on red vs blue ok?

Without question its likely proximity of living and working conditions and possibly some to do with temps/humidity although New Orleans might dispel the weather theory a bit. 

26 minutes ago, ford_428cj said:

The lockdown worked pretty well then it appears :dunno:

Yep, I think so too. Whether we call it lockdown, stay at home orders, self isolation, self quarantine, etc. it seems to have worked pretty good. The whole social distancing thing worked too IMO. 

30 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Yep, I think so too. Whether we call it lockdown, stay at home orders, self isolation, self quarantine, etc. it seems to have worked pretty good. The whole social distancing thing worked too IMO. 

The term social distancing is really a shitty term. Physical distancing would’ve been a better description. . 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

DEpends where. Saturday NH hit it's highest single day deaths yet. Mass almost at 3000 deaths now.

Well as I have said before I think it came thru here around January - February. I think my son had it and a guy here in the office was in ICU for a week for "viral pneumonia". But that was before they were testing for covid19. I think he probably had the covid. he almost died.  

• Like 1