Check your account email address ×

Crazy tech of the lunar rover almost 50 years ago

1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

Cool shit. The engineers back then were amazing problem solvers. Thanks for posting that. I saw the rover when I was younger. It fascinated me. What I always thought was so cool is how it basically folded in half and became the outer wall of the lower stage of the lunar lander. The moon program touched almost everyone. Everyone knew someone that worked on the project. Whether it was machining a rocket nozzle or assembling a switch. There were hundreds of not thousands of companies involved. 

Quite a few on his team also worked on this project.

https://www.guns.com/news/2011/05/19/puff-the-magic-dragon-frolics-in-a-land-called-vietnam-the-douglas-ac-47d

The plane could blanket every square foot of a football field in 60 seconds and stay aloft for hours patrolling and protecting US troops which was its main task and thus the affectionate nickname from the soldiers.

Apparently with a lot less secrecy.  He worked on the firing mechanism.  He said they kinda wanted people on the ground to know how devastating the thing was if they called it in for a run.

It is interesting to me how the same people worked on such varied projects that were the prominent at the time.

• Like 1

I’d rather spend my afternoon digging through poop looking for corn than debate jt’s opinions. 

Yah well that's what you do everyday so nobody expects otherwise Faggot :fuckyou:

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, favoritos said:

Quite a few on his team also worked on this project.

https://www.guns.com/news/2011/05/19/puff-the-magic-dragon-frolics-in-a-land-called-vietnam-the-douglas-ac-47d

Apparently with a lot less secrecy.  He worked on the firing mechanism.  He said they kinda wanted people on the ground to know how devastating the thing was if they called it in for a run.

It is interesting to me how the same people worked on such varied projects that were the prominent at the time.

:goodpost:

21 minutes ago, Momorider said:

Yah well that's what you do everyday so nobody expects otherwise Faggot :fuckyou:

Today on FSCE, man who has posted a picture of a bull shitting hundreds of times says it's other people who have a fascination with feces. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, FrankieJames7 said:

you are a flat earth mouth breathing retard

It was the white man that told you the earth is not flat. Nice to see you are finally seeing that the white man has advanced knowledge and brought your people out of the dark ages.

yeah they could hardly get 2 men on the moon but yeah better make sure we get a foldable gocart with  lol.

cuz you know how ez it is to work in a 50 yr old space suit you know like deploying a new,solar panel on the space station is a 5 day event but to unload a go cart unfold it then jump in a go for a spin yeah good luck with that .  

29 minutes ago, SSFB said:

Today on FSCE, man who has posted a picture of a bull shitting hundreds of times says it's other people who have a fascination with feces. 

Lying IT Fudge Packer posts what? :dunno: Faggot

11 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

yeah they could hardly get 2 men on the moon but yeah better make sure we get a foldable gocart with  lol.

cuz you know how ez it is to work in a 50 yr old space suit you know like deploying a new,solar panel on the space station is a 5 day event but to unload a go cart unfold it then jump in a go for a spin yeah good luck with that .  

The rover weighed 460 pounds on earth. That’s about 75 pounds on the moon. Split between two guys that’s about 37 pounds each. All that was required was to unlatch it off the side of the LM. Even you could’ve handled it. 

Edited by spin_dry

The rover weighed 460 pounds on earth. That’s about 75 pounds on the moon. Split between two guys that’s about 37 pounds each. All that was required was to unlatch it off the side of the LM. Even you could’ve handled it. 

yep we hardly got men there but deff needed a gocart.  bull shit 

• Haha 2