Check your account email address ×

All you’re 95 MXZ 440 are belong to me!

1 hour ago, AKIQPilot said:

Those things ripped pretty good. 

what year is that one?

95. Only year they made the 440 in the fchassis 

they ripped. We had a 96 when we were kids and that thing smoked a lot of bigger sleds 

19 minutes ago, Beavis and Butt-Head said:

1995, says right so in topic thread :D but I want 1994 MXZX 470 with "racing" lettering on the hood, that one is more rare than 1995. 

I’ve never even seen one 

7 hours ago, thewayout said:

I’d take an F chassis over a procross for sure!!!

I have 3 now!

f chassis was the best built chassis in the 90’s by far

Just now, ACE said:

What years did they make those? We’re they consumer sleds?

93-97 I think. They had a consumer variant. I think (could be wrong, Tom would probably know better) the ones with the clear tanks were the race models and not meant for recreational use. :dunno: 

12 minutes ago, frenchy said:

always like the Poo XCR 440's

109150d1173197861-1997-polaris-xcr-440-6

Polaris-XCR-f5b524b939a12717-medium.jpg

Had both of those. I took the 440 over a frozen dirt jump on our mx track and it landed like a dirt bike rather than a crate of auto parts. Great suspension for its day. I think it came with fox shocks. Edit: Just noticed the white one is a 440 too. I had a 600 in that style. Awesome sled. Waaaaay better than Doos in that era.

Edited by s pump

1 minute ago, frenchy said:

93-97 I think. They had a consumer variant. I think (could be wrong, Tom would probably know better) the ones with the clear tanks were the race models and not meant for recreational use. :dunno: 

I thought I read somewhere at one point that up to 97 manufacturers had to use consumer available models to compete in snoX. @AKIQPilot probably knows 

4 minutes ago, frenchy said:

98 was the last year of the wedge XCR and arguably the most valuable and desirable. It had the first year liberty 440 VES motor and it was a beast. 

I believe the red one is a 98, may be a 97. 

Edited by thewayout

3 minutes ago, thewayout said:

98 was the last year of the wedge XCR and arguably the most valuable and desirable. It had the first year liberty 440 VES motor and it was a beast. 

that's right, forgot about the '98. Would be a fun sled to have 

98-polaris-indy-xcr-440-snowmobile_1_380

1 hour ago, frenchy said:

always like the Poo XCR 440's

109150d1173197861-1997-polaris-xcr-440-6

Polaris-XCR-f5b524b939a12717-medium.jpg

Those were super cool sleds no doubt. And I think youre pretty close on the vintage, 93-98 maybe. 
From what I remember dealers could buy them and sell them to anyone. They could also be ordered through the race department. These were built in limited numbers. At one point in the mid/late 90’s ISR rules mandated that manufacturers had to build a minimum number of these sleds so they would be eligible for SnoX racing. That min number started out at 300 and went to 500 by about 2002 I think. 

The red one was bad ass. The motor had charge ported cylinders and exhaust valves.  Race head and a pump gas head. They made around 100hp with the race head and 90 with the pump gas head. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Those were super cool sleds no doubt. And I think youre pretty close on the vintage, 93-98 maybe. 
From what I remember dealers could buy them and sell them to anyone. They could also be ordered through the race department. These were built in limited numbers. At one point in the mid/late 90’s ISR rules mandated that manufacturers had to build a minimum number of these sleds so they would be eligible for SnoX racing. That min number started out at 300 and went to 500 by about 2002 I think. 

The red one was bad ass. The motor had charge ported cylinders and exhaust valves.  Race head and a pump gas head. They made around 100hp with the race head and 90 with the pump gas head. 

The one we had Woolie borrowed it for a Rock Maple Sno x weekend at Mt Snow. Deal was, " You wreck it, you own it".

Well, he wrecked it.

I bought it off him for my boys. It was previous year Championship sled with big carbs, head work and clutching. Thing ripped. My boys rode the skis off it literally. Wore the plastic skins right off it down to the metal web on the slp skis.

Edited by s pump
  • Like 1