Check your account email address ×

Amazon Worker Fired After Staging Walkout Over Company’s Handling Of Coronavirus Risk

2 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Cute that you still think capital holds the upper hand 

I get it. Change is hard to accept sometimes.

:lol:

When we start trading food for services or other merchandise.  I’ll start taking your comments more seriously.

I am pretty cute tho...

Just now, Zambroski said:

When we start trading food for services or other merchandise.  I’ll start taking your comments more seriously.

I am pretty cute tho...

Talk to me in a month if things don't change at essential workplaces to safeguard workers.

28 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

We are fortunate to have enough jobs in the pipe to keep our guys busy for the rest of the year, but we aren't visiting customers and may need to commission some smaller jobs remotely if this does not pass soon enough.

People will be glad to get what they can.

I have an automation project that we have all of the components bought and paid for and customer is pushing it out until further notice. Our integrator wants to get going but we can't push our luck and pay him as well as the hard goods we already own. Hopefully sooner than later when things settle we can at least start assembly. I have a PO and can probably legally charge him but i can resell the equipment later and probably break even on the integration piece.

3 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Like TP?:lol:

Hey, gonna get me some chickens that lay eggs....trade those eggs for toilet paper....then trade the toilet paper for money!  

Wait a minute.....

3 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Talk to me in a month if things don't change at essential workplaces to safeguard workers.

It’s a date!  

43 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

I will give you a example of how things are shut down around here. The company I work for did 22 million in service work last year. A bit more in project work. I just got off the phone with the office. Not one service call came in yesterday? Of course some of that has to do with the weather. It’s still 40deg here. Only about half of the guys are working. Most of our customers don’t want venders in their buildings,to keep their employees safe. 

Also I’d think with people uncertain about their income or potential income freezing they are holding off on any spending they can. 

My wife and I still have our income coming in and we have spent no money not absolutely needed at the moment. We can’t be alone. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, s pump said:

I have an automation project that we have all of the components bought and paid for and customer is pushing it out until further notice. Our integrator wants to get going but we can't push our luck and pay him as well as the hard goods we already own. Hopefully sooner than later when things settle we can at least start assembly. I have a PO and can probably legally charge him but i can resell the equipment later and probably break even on the integration piece.

We have one project that our customer is putting on the back burner for 3 years, nothing to do with this virus and we already completed 75% of it.  So we were told to complete it so they can take it off the books.  

We are even getting new capital request for quotes.

We do process controls and most of the equipment whether new or existing can't be FAT, just simulated and most jobs are over 6 months before delivery.

3 minutes ago, bussman said:

Also I’d think with people uncertain about their income or potential income freezing they are holding off on any spending they can. 

My wife and I still have our income coming in and we have spent no money not absolutely needed at the moment. We can’t be alone. 

Not at all, its foolish to do anything otherwise.  Get a handle of savings first.:bc:

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, bussman said:

We are doing the same. I’m headed to the store to buy only what we need. Making food at home and not ordering  expensive take out ECT.  Was going to hire a bud to do some painting. I’m going to do it myself even though I fucking hate painting. I should be on a vacation at the beach this week. That money not being spent,will stay in the savings account. As far as some of our customers,the boss is being careful with doing anything for customers that could potentially not pay. I have a building I could be at today. They have a history of being well past 120 days. I’m not there because of that reason.

• Platinum Contributing Member
25 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

We are doing the same. I’m headed to the store to buy only what we need. Making food at home and not ordering  expensive take out ECT.  Was going to hire a bud to do some painting. I’m going to do it myself even though I fucking hate painting. I should be on a vacation at the beach this week. That money not being spent,will stay in the savings account. As far as some of our customers,the boss is being careful with doing anything for customers that could potentially not pay. I have a building I could be at today. They have a history of being well past 120 days. I’m not there because of that reason.

I don't blame you...painting sucks. :fan:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

We have one project that our customer is putting on the back burner for 3 years, nothing to do with this virus and we already completed 75% of it.  So we were told to complete it so they can take it off the books.  

We are even getting new capital request for quotes.

We do process controls and most of the equipment whether new or existing can't be FAT, just simulated and most jobs are over 6 months before delivery.

I have a 12 week lead on this one and I'd live to go on with it but we can't risk integrating everything and then get cancelled. Deposit will cover hard parts but the integration is where the cost and values lies. We'll sit on our hands for now.