Check your account email address ×

Instacart Delivey

Ordered from Instacart a few days ago. Figured I would try it. Didn't know what to expect. Read bad reviews on it, was ready to cancel, but decided to go ahead. Was scheduled for today between 3-5 PM.

Just before 3 started getting texts from my shopper, Teresa. Had to substitute a few things. You have to stand by your computer to chat with them for substitutions.

About an hour later, pulls in driveway, black lady gets out!!! OMG!!! Poor Uncle Znotty's prejudice level was on high-alert!!! 

LMAO!!! The order was perfect!!! Tipped her heavy when order was placed, then tipped her again in cash. :ylsuper:

4 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

What and how do they charge?

They charge a delivery fee ( about 4.00 ) service fee ( about 3.79 ) and you pick the tip amount for the shopper, percentage, 5,10,15, 20 Etc.

I gave her ten bucks to begin with, then another 3 when she left here.

So, for about 20 bucks It kept me out of a fukkin supermarket. Actually, she said it was not that crowded!! I was thinking it would be mobbed today.

They are supposed to go on strike nationwide, Monday.

If they are accepting orders, I will order again next week.  

53 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

They charge a delivery fee ( about 4.00 ) service fee ( about 3.79 ) and you pick the tip amount for the shopper, percentage, 5,10,15, 20 Etc.

I gave her ten bucks to begin with, then another 3 when she left here.

So, for about 20 bucks It kept me out of a fukkin supermarket. Actually, she said it was not that crowded!! I was thinking it would be mobbed today.

They are supposed to go on strike nationwide, Monday.

If they are accepting orders, I will order again next week.  

My guess 50 cents at best !!!

I know a kid a few doors down dose that for target and I think Walgreens and a few others not sure of service she works for .

but I guess the store has order ready for her to pick up and she just drops  at the home . she has been real biz last 2 weeks and with school out she has been working a ton now . 

not a bad gig she says she is averaging 25 bucks a hr . that said she is working a relatively wealthy part of town 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

went to the grocery store today,  not crazy busy.  Actually ended up at 2 stores as I was making a pork and green chile verde stew and not all the ingredients were at one.    

Same here, not busy at all and everyone is definitely respecting their "safe space".  They even have tape on floor spaced 6 feet apart at registers to assure people maintain their distance when checking out.   More and more wearing masks which creeps me out not knowing which side of the fence they are on.  

21 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Same here, not busy at all and everyone is definitely respecting their "safe space".  They even have tape on floor spaced 6 feet apart at registers to assure people maintain their distance when checking out.   More and more wearing masks which creeps me out not knowing which side of the fence they are on.  

I wear mine when I have to go somewhere inside. It's not really protecting me, but it does protect everyone else.

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

I wear mine when I have to go somewhere inside. It's not really protecting me, but it does protect everyone else.

Yeah, guess that's a valid point. Not so sure with some wearers.... seen so many with masks that don't fit properly with gaps all over, neither protecting them or others. But I guess it's  psychologically comforting. I don't know if there's any protection for people wearing scarfs and bandanas as masks 

21 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Yeah, guess that's a valid point. Not so sure with some wearers.... seen so many with masks that don't fit properly with gaps all over, neither protecting them or others. But I guess it's  psychologically comforting. I don't know if there's any protection for people wearing scarfs and bandanas as masks 

It's better than nothing. 

2 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

Wow ya gave her a whole nother $3 . She be partying tonight!

WTF!! :wtf:   13 buck tip ain't too bad!!! :wtf:    Who do ya' think I am, Jeff Bezos!!  

6 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

WTF!! :wtf:   13 buck tip ain't too bad!!! :wtf:    Who do ya' think I am, Jeff Bezos!!  

Nope not in the lest !!!

13 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

Not in the LEST, huh fucktard???

You really are dumb Private Pyle!! 

Shut up dumb dumb !!

10 hours ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

You see the lady wearing underpants on her head? It's actually quite ingenious lol 

• Haha 1