Check your account email address ×

This shit is moving into the burbs.

2 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Wait till the q-tip exodus from Florida starts. 

Where will they go. Many are from northern states where there is already an explosion of CV or from smaller  towns with limited hospital resources. 

Many of the folks here have decided to extend their stay for 2-4 weeks. They claim the HC resources down here are better than home and the likelyhood of catching something is likely lower because our response to CV started almost a month ago.   

Still only 1 case in this county and that guy went back home to Cali the day he found out. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
15 minutes ago, Edmo said:

I noticed the DQ was open on the way to the grocery store.

I guess ice cream is pretty important!!!!!1 

14 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

ice cream places here opened early this year,  according to my wife ice cream can be a meal.  

11 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Why shouldn't they be?

Ours opened yesterday and they do burgers, coneys....etc....it's strictly a walk up get your order place so hopefully no issues. Weird thing is they don't take Debit/Credit Cards so a lot of cash exchanging hands...apparently they are taking money at one window and food pick up at the other.

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

Ours opened yesterday and they do burgers, coneys....etc....it's strictly a walk up get your order place so hopefully no issues. Weird thing is they don't take Debit/Credit Cards so a lot of cash exchanging hands...apparently they are taking money at one window and food pick up at the other.

Ive been using cc cards for 2 weeks as I don't want to touch money.

• Like 2

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

Many places here have banned cash outright or frownd on its use.

Im a dunky junkie ( for you Canadians dunkin donuts is to the east coast what tim hortens is to Canada) Dug out 2 ones yesterday , to get a coffee. Then decided I realy don't want to touch food or drink prepared by someone else.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, spin_dry said:

My area has kept it contained to 19. 4 were from community spread and the rest travel. 1 person died and an unknown amount went to icu. I think it was 4. That’s pretty good considering the amount of time it’s been here. We’ve worked really hard to keep it out of the nursing homes and so far the approach has been successful. Our area got on this thing right away. I think that it actually helped that the infection came early to this area. I’d like to think the man who died didn’t die in vain. It gave us the needed wake up call. There was a lot of floundering in the beginning as to how to deal with visitors to healthcare facilities. Right now there’s a system that came through trial and error. The cdc has been here since the first case. They’ve been excellent with necessary support and direction. We are getting it done. Most of the medical staff are using tele-psychiatry and tele-medicine. Clients are liking it. Wisconsin’s dept of health has come through with the necessary mandates and billing codes for the delivery of phone and video delivered medicine. That was important to keep revenue streams open for clinics and hospitals. It’s been really stressful for managers and staff, but it’s getting done. 

One of those people from the cruise knowingly flew to AZ, on a flight that was delayed on the tarmac, visited friends out here only to tell them as he was leaving that he'd tested positive.  Also had lunch with his sister, infecting her, then apparently flew back.  Additionally others of the four attended rotary functions and other events.  I hear there is talk of law suits.  I think they should all be rounded up and shot...

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Matt said:

One of those people from the cruise knowingly flew to AZ, on a flight that was delayed on the tarmac, visited friends out here only to tell them as he was leaving that he'd tested positive.  Also had lunch with his sister, infecting her, then apparently flew back.  Additionally others of the four attended rotary functions and other events.  I hear there is talk of law suits.  I think they should all be rounded up and shot...

There’s also some talk that when one of the cruise participants went in for testing they were turned away because they weren’t symptomatic. I haven’t got the whole story, but it seems like a case of rationing tests. That’s unacceptable if true. I have suspicion that it might be because I know two people that weren’t tested despite having classic symptoms. They were sent home and asked to quarantine. The greatest travesty about this is not having adequate testing. They should’ve been job #1 by the federal government. 

42 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

None of what she’s done is going to protect her from getting the koronas :lol: 

You must have missed the 4 boxes of Capri Suns she has in her basket. She’s gonna drink two boxes and wash herself down with the other two. 

She has this korona shit covered. 

16 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

You must have missed the 4 boxes of Capri Suns she has in her basket. She’s gonna drink two boxes and wash herself down with the other two. 

Are we sure she is a she and not a he or one of the other 40+ arbitrary genders.

19 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Daughter was drinking Capri Suns with Tito's yesterday to chase off the corona

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Had to go back and look .  I thought it was bud light.  :lol:

31 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Had to go back and look .  I thought it was bud light.  :lol:

Actually. I went back and looked and its 4 cases of Capri Suns. 4 boxes per case. 10 drinks per box.  160 Capri Suns pouches. 

Bitch has enough Capri Suns to kill karona for weeks. Or die from diabetes. Whichever comes first. 

• Haha 1