Check your account email address ×

Stihl Products...

Is there anything better??? Looking to go pick up a new weed wacker today and eventually a leaf blower. Seems stihl gets great reviews. Looking at these 2 as I would like to stay under 200 max. Anyone have any input on these??? Does echo make decent stuff?

https://meridianimplementco.stihldealer.net/products/trimmers-and-brushcutters/homeowner-trimmers/fs40ce/

https://meridianimplementco.stihldealer.net/products/trimmers-and-brushcutters/homeowner-trimmers/fs50ce/

Edited by yami123

Love my stihl equipment. I stihl have my fs 160 weed trimmer from 1994.

Leafblower. combi brush cutter all stihl. best stuff around

chainsaw is next

Just now, Mainecat said:

Stihl is only sold at servicing dealers if I remember. Except for my electric whacker my saws and blower are Stihl

yes. Ace hardware is one

1 minute ago, Mainecat said:

Stihl is only sold at servicing dealers if I remember. Except for my electric whacker my saws and blower are Stihl

That is correct. I have one 5 miles down the road. Anyone know if either/both are American made??? I'm assuming Stihl is but not sure about Echo...

Both good as is Solo.

I have a 2 year old Stihl and a 15 year old Solo back pac blower and both have been trouble free. I did wear out my old Stihl after +/- 18 years but it was used commercially.

Just now, yami123 said:

That is correct. I have one 5 miles down the road. Anyone know if either/both are American made??? I'm assuming Stihl is but not sure about Echo...

stihl is. the other not sure

3 minutes ago, yami123 said:

Ok.....next question do I go for the fs40 or spend the extra coin for the fs50? Just doing basic trimming around the house.

If they offer the easy pull start spend the extra and get it. I'm not sure what the number is 40 or 50 that is needed to run the solid saw blade, if it's the 50 go for it.

• Thanks 1

On 5/20/2016 at 8:04 AM, yami123 said:

Is there anything better??? Looking to go pick up a new weed wacker today and eventually a leaf blower. Seems stihl gets great reviews. Looking at these 2 as I would like to stay under 200 max. Anyone have any input on these??? Does echo make decent stuff?

https://meridianimplementco.stihldealer.net/products/trimmers-and-brushcutters/homeowner-trimmers/fs40ce/

https://meridianimplementco.stihldealer.net/products/trimmers-and-brushcutters/homeowner-trimmers/fs50ce/

Most of my yard tools are Stihl and I think my weed wacker is an Echo, in any event they are all quality tools because they were bought at a servicing dealer and not some large box store that sells name tools built with a lower quality spec, buy at servicing dealer the few bucks more it cost will payoff with longevity and reliability.

EDIT: My hedge trimmer is an Echo, the weed wacker is a Stihl :bc: 

Edited by Mileage Psycho

1 hour ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Most of my yard tools are Stihl and I think my weed wacker is an Echo, in any event they are all quality tools because they were bought at a servicing dealer and not some large box store that sells name tools built with a lower quality spec, buy at servicing dealer the few bucks more it cost will payoff with longevity and reliability.

Yup thats why I suggested a servicing dealer too. My new Stihl blower would flood like a mo fo after a few weeks owning it. I drove it up to the dealer. He brought it out back and the mechanic took it apart and 15 minutes I had it back and its run like a champ since.

Now you cant get that at big box stores or Amazon.

1 minute ago, Mainecat said:

Yup thats why I suggested a servicing dealer too. My new Stihl blower would flood like a mo fo after a few weeks owning it. I drove it up to the dealer. He brought it out back and the mechanic took it apart and 15 minutes I had it back and its run like a champ since.

Now you cant get that at big box stores or Amazon.

bought my blower from Ace a servicing dealer.

The lady that sold it to me took it out back to put gas in it and start it and she didn't know how to do it. I had to in the back and start it myself while she watched

2 hours ago, yami123 said:

I was leaning towards Stihl anyway, know quite a few people who swear by there stuff. 

I have the trimmer, hand leaf blower, back pack, zero  issues.

I rum rec fuel in all my stuff.

Went with the 40. Picked up a blower as well. Picked up 2 6-packs of oil which doubled the warranty on each to 4 years a piece. $336 OTD :bc:

Snapchat-6038965984512335315.jpg

Edited by yami123

I have that weedwacker, an FS 40 that I bought 2 years ago. I use it on 6 lawns so it gets good use for something small and cheap. It's great so far other than having to clean the breather screen every few weeks. I had an FS 36 that was about 20 years old before I got this one. You can't beat Stihl.

2 minutes ago, rump-rider said:

I have that weedwacker, an FS 40 that I bought 2 years ago. I use it on 6 lawns so it gets good use for something small and cheap. It's great so far other than having to clean the breather screen every few weeks. I had an FS 36 that was about 20 years old before I got this one. You can't beat Stihl.

I have the

1 hour ago, yami123 said:

Went with the 40. Picked up a blower as well. Picked up 2 6-packs of oil which doubled the warranty on each to 4 years a piece. $336 OTD :bc:

Snapchat-6038965984512335315.jpg

awesome. Good deal too. you will be set for life now. and the American worker thanks you!!