Check your account email address ×

Finished product Katz Deli

3 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Corned beef is gross. It looks so yummy but the first bite is gross and it just goes down hill from there. 

Wtf is wrong with you....you sound like my fucking wife. Men eat corned beef....woman eat fucking bagels with a smear. You like bagels doncha

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, frenchy said:

Schwartz's FTW.....

media?size=l

Should be toasted...?

5 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Corned beef is gross. It looks so yummy but the first bite is gross and it just goes down hill from there. 

Never had one. JTs looks good - one above not so much. :dunno:

37 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Wtf is wrong with you....you sound like my fucking wife. Men eat corned beef....woman eat fucking bagels with a smear. You like bagels doncha

I dont care for the salted pickled beef part. My wife loves  corned beef sandwiches though. 

I love the way they look. Every time I see a good corned beef like the ones posted in this thread my mouth waters. Then I remember what they taste like. 

The campground had a fundraiser back in Feb for a local family that needed some assistance. $5 corned beef samwitches. I bought 4 and had one bite of my wifes. Looked incredible. Taste the same as they always do. 

Edited by AKIQPilot

43 minutes ago, Zeusand said:

I've been to Katz 20 times or more, they steam the pastrami for four hours to get it to be super tender. And they don't use flat.

What do they use? They aren’t using points

It's called the naval end. Which has a lot more fat than the flat cut. The flat cut is much leaner but the tastiest pastrami has a lot of fat in it and they carve away most of the fat before they put it on your sandwich. Which isn't always easy as I've had sandwiches there with pieces that I couldn't even chew and how to spit out. There are a few other delis in NYC that make it equally as well but Katz is the most well-known for sure. By the way they recently raised the price to $19.95 and if you want swiss cheese on it... Another $2.50 LOL. It's literally almost one pound of pastrami per sandwich. I used to be able to eat the whole thing no problem but at the age of 56 I found that eating the whole thing puts me in a pastrami coma for hours...

• Like 1