Check your account email address ×

How many here are sheltering in place?

How many are sheltering in place.  

42 members have voted

1. 1. How many are sheltering in place.

• Yes completely not going to work or even to the grocery store for 2 weeks.
    • Dramatically limiting leaving home but still do occasionally
    • Living mostly normal except where places are closed.

1 minute ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Of course I do.....there is 1 in NJ. 

23 year old, no underlying conditions, athletic.  He is in an induced coma and they are trying those experimental drugs on him.  These are very rare outlier   cases and any illness or flu can produce the same.

Probably about the same odds as getting struck by lightning.

It isn't just one guy. Lots and lots of young, healthy people are being hospitalized because of this. Plenty are dying. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

It isn't just one guy. Lots and lots of young, healthy people are being hospitalized because of this. Plenty are dying. 

Considering how many cases are being revealed through testing. It really isn't lots and lots. It's a very small percentage.

7 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Of course I do.....there is 1 in NJ. 

23 year old, no underlying conditions, athletic.  He is in an induced coma and they are trying those experimental drugs on him.  These are very rare outlier   cases and any illness or flu can produce the same.

Probably about the same odds as getting struck by lightning.

Hospital beds are the biggest issue ....

• Platinum Contributing Member
9 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Sorry but I don't think many as a percentage of infected or dying is healthy young people.  

2 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

Wife and I are both working for home. Only going out for the essentials.

Picked this up at the "grocery store" today.  This is serious, not just the flu.  Stay home!

IMG_20200326_172058.jpg

Honda Rancher. One of the most reliable wheelers ever made. :bc: 

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

By leaving home I mean going to a business or around others.   Not enjoying nature or a ride.

We're an essential service and are working, but I've worked out of the house all week, tomorrow I'll go into the office for a bit in the morning, our office folks work out of the house as much as possible and only go to the office or jobsites when needed, obviously the field folks have to go to a job site, we have sourced N-95 masks for them and have them keeping the 6' distance.

It's tough working out of the house, I miss the synergy of the office and my throat gets hoarse from talking on the phone all day.

26 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Honda Rancher. One of the most reliable wheelers ever made. :bc: 

Got the same machine in a 1988 model too.  Used both machines tonight doing some stuff around the house.  The electric power steering still feels weird but getting used to it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mileage Psycho said:

tough working out of the house, I miss the synergy of the office and my throat gets hoarse from talking on the phone all day.

Same here. As much as I hate being in the office every single day, being at home all the time isn't the answer either.

Basically, everybody has to deal with this plague, how it works for them. 

Me, I'm scared shitless. Stayin' on the farm, gonna' order on-line groceries if possible.

If I eventually do have to go out for food, I'm wearin' my big respirator!!

Those little masks are worthless, they do not seal properly. 

Workin lots so I’m always on the road and in town. 

Been suited up more the last last few days then before. At this point we are good for supplies but people keep stealing the fucking things!

Edited by snopro31