Check your account email address ×

****Official firearms thread****

13 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Picked this 9 up today.  Not sure why other then a great deal!  Pretty much free!  Looking at the box when i got home and it had a sticker on it that said illegal in california....  WTF is wrong with liberals

image.jpeg

if i had a pistol permit i would want one of those.

Just now, BOHICA said:

Dont need any sort of permit where im from

Ditto. Nice pickup. Looks cool. Just bought some fancy match king shit to shoot in my AR to see how close i can get it. Even with basic 223 ammo its right there at 100yds+ all day. I shoot 10 shot groups and other than a few mistakes on my part they are mostly in the same quarter sized area and usually half of them are in the same holes. Just want to see how good i can get it.

Its a 223 wylde chambered AR

• Gold Member
4 minutes ago, Wildcat said:

Ditto. Nice pickup. Looks cool. Just bought some fancy match king shit to shoot in my AR to see how close i can get it. Even with basic 223 ammo its right there at 100yds+ all day. I shoot 10 shot groups and other than a few mistakes on my part they are mostly in the same quarter sized area and usually half of them are in the same holes. Just want to see how good i can get it.

Its a 223 wylde chambered AR

Im a S&W guy....  America!!!  Fucke yeah. Wanted to get a shield...  Wanted a single stack. The price was just alot better today on this croatian gun.  If S&W rebate would have been open to honorable discharged veterans rather then just active duty, disabled vets, and retired vet i would have got a M&P variant as the price point would have been the same.

under 400 for the gun at cabelas with my veteran discount.  $200 in cabelas gift card and about $200 in club points made it a free gun!!!

maybe get a S&W down the road. But want now to get a henry's long range lever action 308 to be different from all my buddies in there big bad ass bolt actions.  Would be fun to ding some steel at a 1000 with a lever action if possible reliably just for shits and giggles

• 3 weeks later...
  • Gold Member

Decided to pickup a sibling to my purchase a couple weeks ago.  Got a mod 2 so i could launch more rounds down range before reloading.  Came with a 13 and 16 round.  Doesnt carry as well as a single stack and loaded is alot heavier then my xds.  My guilt though for not buying an american made s&w is getting the best of me.  May have to go buy a s&w shield in a 40 or something now.  Oh well its good to be american so i will soon go and buy an american made pistol.  The deals on these springfields have just been to good to pass.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

On 8/26/2016 at 1:47 PM, BOHICA said:

Im a S&W guy....  America!!!  Fucke yeah. Wanted to get a shield...  Wanted a single stack. The price was just alot better today on this croatian gun.  If S&W rebate would have been open to honorable discharged veterans rather then just active duty, disabled vets, and retired vet i would have got a M&P variant as the price point would have been the same.

under 400 for the gun at cabelas with my veteran discount.  $200 in cabelas gift card and about $200 in club points made it a free gun!!!

maybe get a S&W down the road. But want now to get a henry's long range lever action 308 to be different from all my buddies in there big bad ass bolt actions.  Would be fun to ding some steel at a 1000 with a lever action if possible reliably just for shits and giggles

There's a place on GB called Osage County Guns, that gives discounts to active duty and Veterans.  I've bought from them before.   You have to have a VS Veterans ID card   They won't accept any others from your state or local county. 

Haven't been shooting since January. Need to get the 500 out and shoot a couple slugs thru it and get ready for 11/15

• 4 weeks later...

Bumpity bump for firearms. Heres an Japanese Arisaka that was brought back from japan. Been in my family since forever. I got it when i was like 12 or so. Someone had sporterized it sadly so it really devalues it (cut down barrel, turned down the bolt..etc) however its a good early example of a Type 99 and its a shooter.

Looks pretty harmless but here a comparo 223 vc 7.7 round. 174G bullets. 80+ years later still can get the job done.

20161009_113706.jpg

20161009_113744.jpg

20161009_113824.jpg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

That is pretty cool....  how hard is it to find ammo for that???

Norma still makes new ammo which is what this is. Very $$ but i dont shoot it frequently. its like $40 for a box of 20 :lol:

You can make it from modified 30-06 brass and order bullets but depends on how much you were going to do it. Also see orig ammo at gun shows all the time for prob $1.25 each

I just bought like 100 rounds of new stuff. Comparing it to hevi shot duck ammo makes me feel more ok about it.

Also fun fact.. the stain they have on the stock is actually from a poison sumak tree.. never tried sanding it or anything... not going to either. xD

• 1 month later...
  • Gold Member

Miss my youth and decided to take a trip down memory lane....  going to go shooting tomorrow with my new henry 30/30....  wish it was my old winchester so will prolly find one of those as well on guns america on yhe way soon.  Glad trump is president as everybody was happy and less scary looking 223's were leaving the store.

IMG_2777.JPG

5 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Miss my youth and decided to take a trip down memory lane....  going to go shooting tomorrow with my new henry 30/30....  wish it was my old winchester so will prolly find one of those as well on guns america on yhe way soon.  Glad trump is president as everybody was happy and less scary looking 223's were leaving the store.

IMG_2777.JPG

My father in law has one of those in his gun shop. Nice looking gun :bc:

• 3 months later...