Check your account email address ×

Alarming Coronavirus Expansion

1 minute ago, Redheaded Stepchild said:

Why is it going to get much worse?

Because it is highly contagious and people are still mingling with one another. 

I was listening to a podcast yesterday. The doctors were speculating that if we still under 60,000 cases by this coming Friday then social distancing was helping and our hospitals might not be over run. If we exceed 60,000  cases by Friday then we are in serious trouble and once the hospitals are overloaded the number of deaths will explode. 

We were at about 18,000 cases saturday when those docs were discussing the figures. Here we are Monday morning and we are approaching 40,000 cases already. We will exceed 60,000 cases by late wednesday afternoon. By Friday we will have over 80,000 cases. 

Once the hospitals are overloaded the death rate will soar. Big time. 

5 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Because it is highly contagious and people are still mingling with one another. 

I was listening to a podcast yesterday. The doctors were speculating that if we still under 60,000 cases by this coming Friday then social distancing was helping and our hospitals might not be over run. If we exceed 60,000  cases by Friday then we are in serious trouble and once the hospitals are overloaded the number of deaths will explode. 

We were at about 18,000 cases saturday when those docs were discussing the figures. Here we are Monday morning and we are approaching 40,000 cases already. We will exceed 60,000 cases by late wednesday afternoon. By Friday we will have over 80,000 cases. 

Once the hospitals are overloaded the death rate will soar. Big time. 

If people listened just to stay away from another.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Considering our population I'd say we've done pretty well.   Many of those countries have a higher per capita infection rate than us. 

12 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

they need to save the hospital beds for the 40-60 year olds and sacrifice those older for the greater good.  

Except gingers, no ginger of any age should be allowed in a hospital.

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Yep. This thing is going crazy in the US. Its going to get much worse. 

OMG no it's not. Give me a break. 65 million were infected with H1N1 and we didn't shit. This is a gross overreaction. What should've happened is if you are an at-risk group you should've been told to self-quarantine. We killed the economy for nothing.  

1 minute ago, jtssrx said:

OMG no it's not. Give me a break. 65 million were infected with H1N1 and we didn't shit. This is a gross overreaction. What should've happened is if you are an at-risk group you should've been told to self-quarantine. We killed the economy for nothing.  

Keep going :lol: this is gold 

8 minutes ago, f7ben said:

You’re dumb as fuck

You're the biggest asshole on the site so there's that. Also your self-inflated thoughts of how smart you are ya you're wrong you're not smart at all. You're an angry bully!!!

1 minute ago, jtssrx said:

There will be close to 80,000 cases in the US by Friday. Our hospitals will become overwhelmed. The young and healthy will get the ventilators. The old and sick will be left to die. 

this will kill way more people than H1N1. Way more. 

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

There will be close to 80,000 cases in the US by Friday. Our hospitals will become overwhelmed. The young and healthy will get the ventilators. The old and sick will be left to die. 

It’s just a cold ....listen to the flat earther 

4 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

H1N1 didn't require ventilators. This is a different animal.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

We will see if you're right I will take my hat off to you.

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

It’s just a cold ....listen to the flat earther 

I didn't say it's a cold Bully boy. I said it's a dangerous virus. 

Just now, ford_428cj said:

H1N1 didn't require ventilators. This is a different animal.

I had H1N1 it was bad.  

The only people on ventilators are people that have preexisting respiratory issues. the Vast Majority of people are recovering against unless you have a respiratory issue already