Check your account email address ×

we're fucking mortal

last year lost four buds and two old girlfriends. this year, two buds and my best bro. ole lady has lost three friends in the last year. a lot of them are choices death, (lifestyle) but i think that a lot of you pot lickers are up in the same age as me. not old, but not young. take care of yourselves, yes, even you MC and Failmaker

2 hours ago, mtnloverxtreme2 said:

last year lost four buds and two old girlfriends. this year, two buds and my best bro. ole lady has lost three friends in the last year. a lot of them are choices death, (lifestyle) but i think that a lot of you pot lickers are up in the same age as me. not old, but not young. take care of yourselves, yes, even you MC and Failmaker

2018 and 19 were years when we lost several friends. I think it was 8 close friends that we had known for 20 years or more. None of them were more than 5 years older than we are. 

I’m 59 This year. I enjoy being down here in the warm weather. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 hours ago, mtnloverxtreme2 said:

WTF dude that's 12 people close to you?   This ain't "natural" causes.  We talking drugs or what?

6 hours ago, Highmark said:

WTF dude that's 12 people close to you?   This ain't "natural" causes.  We talking drugs or what?

i know. i'm 58 and few were in their 60's and few younger. and yes, there were, as they say, boozing and drugging involved for most. min d you, one bud down south is failing and he always was the 'geek'. never drank, smoked, drugged. just broads, sleds and bikes. (important things.lol)

• Like 1

When you get up in age like myself the downhill slide is inevitable and all you can hope for is it isn't rapid. The end is coming and it's enjoy life to the fullest. I've lost quite a few friends/family over the years and from our side of the family it's just me and my older brother. We have one uncle and aunt left ( in their 90"s) and a bunch of cousins who are all in their late 50"s early 60"s. 

I'm 62 and still love to off trail snowmobile, get stuck, and huff and puff getting out. I'd be still racing motocross if it wouldn't make my wife insane.  I just don't want to get hurt.  There's a saying in the life insurance business, that "no one gets out alive".  Its more important as you get older to take good care of your body and to only do potentially harmful things in moderation if at all.  I've lost count of how many friends I've lost to motorcycle accidents, and one even died crashing his plane.  Stay safe and take care of yourself, about all you can do, and hope the grim reaper doesn't show up on your door step.  Ma is gonna be 86 in a couple months and took up smoking again in her late 70s after dad passed away.  She could not care less what anyone thinks about it.

12 hours ago, mtnloverxtreme2 said:

I guess I am lucky somewhat one of my best friends known since we were like 5 years old died of colon cancer he was hard on his body always underweight but shit diet and lots of weed. And another couple of BFF's know since we were 3 years old had heart attacks one recovered fine other has brain damage is now a atamaton :(

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

I'm 62 and still love to off trail snowmobile, get stuck, and huff and puff getting out. I'd be still racing motocross if it wouldn't make my wife insane.  I just don't want to get hurt.  There's a saying in the life insurance business, that "no one gets out alive".  Its more important as you get older to take good care of your body and to only do potentially harmful things in moderation if at all.  I've lost count of how many friends I've lost to motorcycle accidents, and one even died crashing his plane.  Stay safe and take care of yourself, about all you can do, and hope the grim reaper doesn't show up on your door step.  Ma is gonna be 86 in a couple months and took up smoking again in her late 70s after dad passed away.  She could not care less what anyone thinks about it.

Get busy living , or get busy dying