Check your account email address ×

Future mitigation plans.

• Platinum Contributing Member

This is unprecedented and its impact on our country will call for much stricter measures the next one.

Immediately upon even the slightest recognition of a deadly virus in a foreign country all travel to (unless they are not US citizens and going home) and from must be stopped completely.   

Every US citizen there who wishes to come home should be quarantined in place or at designated centers in the US and our CDC people go and prove 100% they are not infectious before being allowed to come home.   Self quarantine is a joke when it only takes one person to spread something like this rapidly around the world.

41 minutes ago, Highmark said:

This is unprecedented and its impact on our country will call for much stricter measures the next one.

Immediately upon even the slightest recognition of a deadly virus in a foreign country all travel to (unless they are not US citizens and going home) and from must be stopped completely.   

Every US citizen there who wishes to come home should be quarantined in place or at designated centers in the US and our CDC people go and prove 100% they are not infectious before being allowed to come home.   Self quarantine is a joke when it only takes one person to spread something like this rapidly around the world.

This would seemingly be a plan that should have been put in place decades ago.  That alone tells me nothing like this will be put in place in the future either. Especially not now...in this political climate.  Look at how many are just loving this and trying to twist it as a “I told you so” moment.

Wow.

46 minutes ago, Highmark said:

This is one of those things that is going to change the world again, like 911 and 2008. I expect to see temperature scanners at every airport, bus terminal, train station, school, sporting event, concert, etc... If you have an elevated temperature you will be flagged. Also more violation of personal rights under the guise of safety. Its coming. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

This would seemingly be a plan that should have been put in place decades ago.  That alone tells me nothing like this will be put in place in the future either. Especially not now...in this political climate.  Look at how many are just loving this and trying to twist it as a “I told you so” moment.

Wow.

Except they told you so... 

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, Anler said:

This is one of those things that is going to change the world again, like 911 and 2008. I expect to see temperature scanners at every airport, bus terminal, train station, school, sporting event, concert, etc... If you have an elevated temperature you will be flagged. Also more violation of personal rights under the guise of safety. Its coming. 

It sure is! We are going to get safety rammed right up ass! Fear is an excellent tool for manipulation.

Just now, Kivalo said:

It sure is! We are going to get safety rammed right up ass! Fear is an excellent tool for manipulation.

We are in uncharted territory here, nothing on this level has happened before. Lets see how it goes. 

35 minutes ago, Anler said:

Doesn't work or is not enough.   Not everyone gets a fever and those that do it may be multiple days before the fever shows up.  How many people have then infected more and those people infected and so on and so forth.   On top of that you have normal seasonal illness' that cause a fever that you can't shut the country down for. 

Need to stop it at its source.   Least amount of social and economic impact on the country. 

The other option for one like this is put it on the more vulnerable to stay isolated and let it run its course.   Like the seasonal flu.   I don't see this country accepting that option and for a really bad one it wouldn't work anyway.  

Edited by Highmark

Just now, Highmark said:

Doesn't work or is not enough.   Not everyone gets a fever and those that do it may be multiple days before the fever shows up.   On top of that you have normal seasonal illness' that cause a fever that you can't shut the country down for. 

Need to stop it at its source.   Least amount of social and economic impact on the country. 

I'm not talking about today, I think this will be getting implemented over the next several years. Body scanners. If you have a fever you aren't getting on a plane or a train, could get you turned away at large events. It's coming. They already kick visibly sick people off of commercial flights now. You aren't getting past the security line going forward. 

Just now, Anler said:

I'm not talking about today, I think this will be getting implemented over the next several years. Body scanners. If you have a fever you aren't getting on a plane or a train, could get you turned away at large events. It's coming. They already kick visibly sick people off of commercial flights now. You aren't getting past the security line going forward. 

Make flying more miserable than it is now.  :lol:  

I hope that isn't what happens.   I think that is going too far on a regular basis.

7 minutes ago, Anler said:

An ex-girlfriend of mine is a flight attendant out of Chicago, I called her yesterday and asked about how it's going, she claimed not all airports are screening passengers and no body scanners. Don't recall if she mentioned what's going on at O'Hare.

17 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Make flying more miserable than it is now.  :lol:  

I hope that isn't what happens.   I think that is going too far on a regular basis.

I mean, why not? :lol: 

9 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

An ex-girlfriend of mine is a flight attendant out of Chicago, I called her yesterday and asked about how it's going, she claimed not all airports are screening passengers and no body scanners. Don't recall if she mentioned what's going on at O'Hare.

We are working at both airports, my supt sent me a pic of one of the terminals at O'hare and it is eerily empty. Anyone who has ever been thru O'Hare knows that it is always slammed. 

6 minutes ago, Anler said:

We are working at both airports, my supt sent me a pic of one of the terminals at O'hare and it is eerily empty. Anyone who has ever been thru O'Hare knows that it is always slammed. 

Fuck that shithole I'll never fly through it again 

12 minutes ago, Anler said:

Way down, something like 42% she said.

2 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Way down, something like 42% she said.

I have 3 people who have been trying to fly out for 2 days and all of the flights have been cancelled at least once. Now there is a report of technicians at Midway tested positive for COVID. That will put a damper on things...

19 minutes ago, Anler said:

I have 3 people who have been trying to fly out for 2 days and all of the flights have been cancelled at least once. Now there is a report of technicians at Midway tested positive for COVID. That will put a damper on things...

We flew out Monday and there was quite a few people in terminal 3, but definitely not as busy as usual. Some people I know got $50 tickets to fly O’hare to Tampa (round trip). Crazy.

Just now, Edmo said:

We flew out Monday and there was quite a few people in terminal 3, but definitely not as busy as usual. Some people I know got $50 tickets to fly O’hare to Tampa (round trip). Crazy.

Are you in Florida now? 

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

Are you in Florida now? 

Yes until Sunday. Chillin on the patio. Got smoked in the sun the last 3 days. :lol: 

9758CC28-67D2-464F-84DA-7D9DC128DFCF.jpeg

Edited by Edmo
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Anler said:

This is the pic he sent.

31305.jpeg

Thats unreal for a Wednesday morning.   Unreal. 

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

I got to O’hare a lot. Pretty much Thursday to Monday it’s slammed. Unless you’re real early or late.

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Thats why he took the pic! :lol: We have crews there all the time, day and night, so we know what its normally like. This is unheard of. 

12 minutes ago, Anler said:

Thats why he took the pic! :lol: We have crews there all the time, day and night, so we know what its normally like. This is unheard of. 

The snowball effect to many portions of the economy is troublesome.   Lets hope we start to hear some good news medically about the virus by next weeks end. 

Edited by Highmark

6 minutes ago, Highmark said:

The snowball effect to many portions of the economy is troublesome.   Lets hope we start to hear some good news medically about the virus by next weeks end. 

Yep, there is going to be some blood here. Who knows how long this is going to go on. Like I said, this is one of those events that is going to change the way we live going forward. Hopefully people realize that we can be smarter so the next crisis doesnt wreck us inside of 2 weeks. 

• Like 2