Check your account email address ×

Chemical Guys Hydroslick

Not sure if there are any other fans of Chemical Guys, but I used their new SiO2 suspension wax/gel today for the first time and am please with the results.  I did a full polish (and clay on the truck) before applying, but it turned out real nice.  Nobody usually believes my boat is 19 years old.

IMG_20200314_153321.jpg.3fe964d8cf175faa

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Not sure if there are any other fans of Chemical Guys, but I used their new SiO2 suspension wax/gel today for the first time and am please with the results.  I did a full polish (and clay on the truck) before applying, but it turned out real nice.  Nobody usually believes my boat is 19 years old.

I compounded then polished and ceramic coated this 99 Firebird. My boat is a 1999 and had it gone over and doesn't look it's age

20191107_170712.jpg

20191107_170752.jpg

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ford_428cj said:

Can you explain the process?

It's pretty simple depending on the condition of the paint. If the paint has some orange peel/spider webs a heavy compound and a fine polish should correct it then apply the ceramic coating. ( plenty of videos on ceramic coating). Worst case would be having to wet sand to correct the paint which is a pain in the ass

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Looks good, Matt. 

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Looks great, Matt. I've never used CG's products before but I've heard they're decent.

I've used, for quite a few years now, Collinite 845 Insulator wax on most things I own as I like how super easy it is to apply and remove. The bonus part is, this is the longest lasting wax I have ever used. It easily lasts 5-6 months up here, which is what I am after, longevity.

Like George said, lots of vids/info out there but one of my favorites is Pan the Organizer. He has tons of info and is very detailed and to the point on how to do do things. Be sure to check out his other vids.

Edited by irv

Hey, Matt, just curious what the longevity rate is of your products are in the Arizona heat/sunshine? Just guessing here but I'd say they likely don't last/stand up long but I am curious? Like I mentioned with the Collinite 845, it lasts a long time but I'm also curious if it would last long in that environment? 

Pics of some of my vehicles/boat using Collinite 845. My boat is an 06 and I've been using Collinite since new.

IMG_0384 (Large).JPG

IMG_0653 (Large).JPG

WP_20190911_16_47_31_Pro.jpg

Sue's car.JPG

Edited by irv
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, irv said:

Hey, Matt, just curious what the longevity rate is of your products are in the Arizona heat/sunshine? Just guessing here but I'd say they likely don't last/stand up long but I am curious? Like I mentioned with the Collinite 845, it lasts a long time but I'm also curious if it would last long in that environment? 

Pics of some of my vehicles/boat using Collinite 845. My boat is an 06 and I've been using Collinite since new.

IMG_0384 (Large).JPG

IMG_0653 (Large).JPG

WP_20190911_16_47_31_Pro.jpg

Sue's car.JPG

I'll let you know. This is my first go at using the stuff. However, I might get better results than most. My stuff is almost always garaged. Truck and boat are usually put away in the summer by 8:30 am before the sun gets too crazy. My biggest reason for going from regular wax to this stuff is to prevent etching on my truck from bird schizz. GM paint etches if you look at it the wrong way. Good part of that though is it's super easy to fix with a DA. 

I have a buddy here who's a pro detailer and he's been using this stuff for the last 9 months or so (he got his hands on it before market release). Says so far, so good. 

Edited by Matt
  • Thanks 1