Check your account email address ×

Facts on Obama’s response to H1N1

There are several factual inaccuracies in this excerpt alone. For instance, PJ media writes that H1N1 became a pandemic in April 2009. But that’s not the case. The disease emerged in April but wasn’t declared a pandemic until June.

The excerpt also claims that Obama “declared a public health emergency on what was already a pandemic” in October 2009. But this is also wrong. Obama declared a national emergency, not a public health emergency, in October 2009. The Obama administration declared a public health emergency in April, months before swine flu was declared a pandemic. At the time that the Obama administration declared a public health emergency, only 20 confirmed cases (not over a million) of H1N1 existed in the United States.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has a detailed timeline of this pandemic on its website. It shows that the CDC first activated its Emergency Operations Center (EOC) on April 22, 2009. At the time, there were only two confirmed cases in the United States. On April 25, 2009, the World Health Organization (WHO) declared a public health emergency of international concern, and the following day the Obama administration did the same. At that time, there were about 20 confirmed cases. 

Despite the CDC’s efforts, the swine flu continued to spread. Kathleen Sebelius, secretary of health and human services, renewed the emergency declaration on July 24, 2009, and then again on Oct. 1, 2009. On Oct. 24, 2009, Obama declared a national emergency that gave officials more resources to fight the pandemic.

The Associated Press reported:

What’s weird is I remember absolutely nothing about that pandemic, other than it happened.  Now every single aspect of our lives are in complete disarray. Trump fucked this up good. 

Edited by Cold War

Just now, Redheaded Stepchild said:

So that makes Trump as good as Obama then.

Obama was weak, stupid and inept at a level it would be hard to compare anyone to at all.  He was the perfect chosen leader for those possessing the same qualities.

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Obama was weak, stupid and inept at a level it would be hard to compare anyone to at all.  He was the perfect chosen leader for those possessing the same qualities.

Your guy is at his peak!!!

giphy.gif

• Haha 3

Remember China, Japan, Italy, France, and Germany closing up schools and business's  then?  No, neither does anyone else cause it didn't happen.  If this is no big deal why did Trump put a travel ban in place?

1 minute ago, 1jkw said:

Remember China, Japan, Italy, France, and Germany closing up schools and business's  then?  No, neither does anyone else cause it didn't happen.  If this is no big deal why did Trump put a travel ban in place?

Things are a hoax until trump tells his tribe otherwise  

“They tried anything,” said Trump about a minute after his first mention of the coronavirus. “They tried it over and over. They’d been doing it since you got in. It’s all turning. They lost. It’s all turning. Think of it. Think of it. And this is their new hoax.”

When looking at the entirety of Trump’s remarks, it appears the “new hoax” comment refers to the Democrats’ alleged “politicizing” of his response to the coronavirus threat—not the coronavirus itself.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Things are a hoax until trump tells his tribe otherwise  

I just read a little story on FB from my cousins Autism group, there is a lady in Italy who just described what it was like there, she said much like the US it was not taken seriously at first, and then as it went bad it went bad fast, they are out of hand sanitizer, Lysol, ect. just like here.  Lets hope it doesn't progress here.

9 minutes ago, Redheaded Stepchild said:

Screenshot_20200312-195742_Chrome.jpg

That was the same speech where Donny was bragging about containing the virus to 15 cases  :lol: 

no one takes him serious anymore. But he’s running against a demented old man so we all get 4 more years of crazy fun  :lol: 

Edited by spin_dry

7 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

I just read a little story on FB from my cousins Autism group, there is a lady in Italy who just described what it was like there, she said much like the US it was not taken seriously at first, and then as it went bad it went bad fast, they are out of hand sanitizer, Lysol, ect. just like here.  Lets hope it doesn't progress here.

I hope it kills millions.

2 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

That was the same speech where Donny was bragging about containing the virus to 15 cases  :lol: 

no one takes him serious anymore. But he’s running against a demented old man so we all get 4 more years of crazy fun  :lol: 

Yeah, but you see where your side lies about what he said, right?  Or were you too busy gobbling?

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

I hope it kills millions.

Yeah, but you see where your side lies about what he said, right?  Or were you too busy gobbling?

I don't, I hope it falls flat and soon.

5 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

Hope not. I visited the old crib where I worked today. It’s a multi disciplined agency with a nursing home and a neurocare unit attached. They’re doing a really good job at screening people and controlling the flow of visitors. I understand a legislator came to visit and was turned away because of a recent visit to Mexico.  Measures are in place.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

That’s the reality of it.

I am supposed to get my first SS check on April 8th, if it gets me before that I'm going to haunt that ginger fucker and anler for wishing  boomers dead.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, 1jkw said:

I am supposed to get my first SS check on April 8th, if it gets me before that I'm going to haunt that ginger fucker and anler for wishing  boomers dead.

You take care of that fucking ginger.  I’ll get Anler for you.  :lol:

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

You take care of that fucking ginger.  I’ll get Anler for you.  :lol:

Truth is I didn't realize I was considered a boomer, I don't keep up on all these different names for generations.

2 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

Truth is I didn't realize I was considered a boomer, I don't keep up on all these different names for generations.

I just know mine is the best.....after the boomers of course.  The rest are pretty much just worthless shit trying to find their gender when they aren’t trying to be some type of half assed white knighting activist because they can’t find a way to make it in the real world.  LOL....losers.

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I just know mine is the best.....after the boomers of course.  The rest are pretty much just worthless shit trying to find their gender when they aren’t trying to be some type of half assed white knighting activist because they can’t find a way to make it in the real world.  LOL....losers.

I know my Dads generation was a hell of a lot tougher than mine, but some of the younger ones are really weak, physically and mentally.