Check your account email address ×

So Yamaha is selling more snowmobiles with AC engines

1 minute ago, bladefever said:

The last chassis Yamaha built was the Nytro. Until they can build a better chassis than the Pro Cross. Really no need to come to the party. 

The nytro is better than a procross 

• Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

Yamaha likely approached Doo and Poo back in 2013 and they kicked them down the road.   Cat was selling much fewer sleds than the other 2 so they figured it would help with their economies of scale and lower OH's and started building Yami-Cats. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Yamaha likely approached Doo and Poo back in 2013 and they kicked them down the road.   Cat was selling much fewer sleds than the other 2 so they figured it would help with their economies of scale and lower OH's and started building Yami-Cats. 

I don't think that's true. but a Poo/Yamaha Marriage would've been sweet. 

35 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

I know you hate the PC but it's better than the Nytro. You couldn't turn the nytro at high speed period 

I rode a 2012 nytro xtx stock and it was good. Added steering relocated and JRE KOT kit and it was awesome. My OSP built turbo nytro had the same JRE kit and it was one of the best handlings sleds I’ve ever had for fast trail.

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 minutes ago, Redheaded Stepchild said:

I know eh. 

Ask Robbie Malinowski what he thinks about a Nytro. Poor bastard was never the same after a season on one. Lol

Its reputation was so good Yamaha had to practically give them away.  :lol:  

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I rode a 2012 nytro xtx stock and it was good. Added steering relocated and JRE KOT kit and it was awesome. My OSP built turbo nytro had the same JRE kit and it was one of the best handlings sleds I’ve ever had for fast trail.

So in a straight line! Lmao!

8 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Its reputation was so good Yamaha had to practically give them away.  :lol:  

It’s reputation was mostly developed by the horrible 2008 short track. By the time they came out with the xtx they were well sorted.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

It’s reputation was mostly developed by the horrible 2008 short track. By the time they came out with the xtx they were well sorted.

Having put 8k on the Nytro and almost 5k on the SW, there is no comparing the 2, regardless how much your hatred for the PC clouds your judgement.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Snake said:

Having put 8k on the Nytro and almost 5k on the SW, there is no comparing the 2, regardless how much your hatred for the PC clouds your judgement.

Yeah I drove a buddies Newer viper, nice overall sled. Kicks the nytro in the teeth 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Snake said:

Yah....the nytro is just plain better

1 hour ago, Redheaded Stepchild said:

Ben hit a curb on a PC and sold it. 

I agree with Bhen in that I can see where his gangly body (as I said before) would be a detriment to the PC. If I had to sit any closer to the panels to attack a trail, I would probably look elsewhere.

But as it is, it plain works great for me.

24 minutes ago, Snake said:

I agree with Bhen in that I can see where his gangly body (as I said before) would be a detriment to the PC. If I had to sit any closer to the panels to attack a trail, I would probably look elsewhere.

But as it is, it plain works great for me.

Bussmans sled works well. I wish they fit me as I’d have a boosted srx

I saw a PC chassis that had Mountain Max decals a month ago in the Black Hills. It was in the parking lot, not running so I was wondering what it had for a motor.