Check your account email address ×

What I find amusing about the COVID-2019 outbreak.

• Platinum Contributing Member

:pc:

In FY 2018, the [Yuma] sector [of the Border Patrol] incurred more than $700,000 in medical care costs to cover 1,700 aliens who were apprehended and who had to be transported to the hospital. ... Other aliens show up sick, particularly children, some of whom are suffering from illnesses not generally seen in modern American society, including mumps, measles, and tuberculosis, as well as others with influenza, scabies, and other skin diseases. Plainly, the Border Patrol is not able to turn these individuals away without treatment.

https://cis.org/Arthur/Infectious-Diseases-Making-Border-Crisis-Worse

35 minutes ago, Highmark said:

The President cannot legalize drugs. 

he could start the conversation. And Trump could do it better than anyone as its mostly crusty right wing religious loons that are the obstacle. He could site some godly shit and they would all jump on board but the money side would protest. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Anler said:

he could start the conversation. And Trump could do it better than anyone as its mostly crusty right wing religious loons that are the obstacle. He could site some godly shit and they would all jump on board but the money side would protest. 

I don't fault anyone who doesn't think we should legalize drugs.   My wife's one of them and she's no holy roller.  While I disagree and want to try something different there is no question there would be risk. 

20 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I don't fault anyone who doesn't think we should legalize drugs.   My wife's one of them and she's no holy roller.  While I disagree and want to try something different there is no question there would be risk. 

They dont understand the issue fully. Its similar to the gun debate. 

5 hours ago, Highmark said:

:pc:

In FY 2018, the [Yuma] sector [of the Border Patrol] incurred more than $700,000 in medical care costs to cover 1,700 aliens who were apprehended and who had to be transported to the hospital. ... Other aliens show up sick, particularly children, some of whom are suffering from illnesses not generally seen in modern American society, including mumps, measles, and tuberculosis, as well as others with influenza, scabies, and other skin diseases. Plainly, the Border Patrol is not able to turn these individuals away without treatment.

https://cis.org/Arthur/Infectious-Diseases-Making-Border-Crisis-Worse

Price of doing business when one nation’s drug hunger is turning another nation into a shithole.