Check your account email address ×

Moar winning!

Anler

2020 Best in class. Man Polaris has just been dominating the 2stroke performance class since 2015. No mention of a ctec.

2020 BEST IN CLASS: BEST ULTIMATE PERFORMANCE 2-STROKE

Supertrax International
2/17/2020
BTN-BACK.png

2020 BEST IN CLASS: BEST ULTIMATE PERFORMANCE 2-STROKE

Another Year, Another Battle! These Guys Think They’re Right. What Do You Think?

WINNER: INDY XCR 129 850

Well sno-mo-friends – not including Kent – there's been precious few new sleds hit the snow this decade that have rung the bell louder than the new Indy XC platform and, in particular, the 2020 Indy XCR 850.

Let's get right down to the nitty-gritty here (Kent: That means, "let's be honest"). The XCR moniker is legitimately iconic with a rich racing image and a performance aura that reaches way, way back.

The new Indy XCR 129 with 850 power is poised to continue this rich heritage. If you're wondering about straight up and down the lake performance, this sled hauls the mail and does it with finesse. No windshield vibes, no cowl shake and an unrepentant top end surge that runs the digi-display past 100-per in a blink.

All this sounds good, and it is, however there's way more for the discerning buyer of an XCR 850. The suspension is downright telepathic.

After setting up the premium Walker Evans to suit your individual style, you'll be clearing approaches and shredding ditches like a Polaris factory cross-country racer. This sled is delivered to the market with the capability to run hard and fast on ungroomed surfaces.

If this was all the Indy XCR was about, everything would be cool. But it's not. The handling prowess of the AXYS chassis is not one of, not maybe, but the best handling platform in the industry.

The variable castor response of the XC's IFS is predictably strong mid-turn and like a synapse-icle (Kent, I've created a clever word play here for your benefit) extension of your body on corner exit.

If you had the insight to Snow Check an 850 Indy XCR you could have ordered it with the sport's only in-dash GPS system and digital display covering all critical functions. This 7-inch screen is the benchmark in the biz for readable and complete information acquisition. BTW, Polaris now lists a 1.25 Ice Ripper as an option for Snow Checkers.

Clearly the Indy 850 XCR is worthy of this award – and so with great pleasure we knight the new Indy XCR 850 as this year's Best Ultimate Performance 2-stroke.

- Mark

RUNNER-UP: 850 SKI-DOO RENEGADE X-RS 137

021720_BIC_BIG2.jpg

Anyone who's spent any time riding a Ski-Doo equipped with an 850 E-TEC knows how stout that engine is and how hard it accelerates.

However, this category isn't just about the engine. Ski-Doo's 137-inch maximum version, called the X-RS, addresses one of the biggest problems riders with sleds with this much power struggle with: Traction!

C'mon, Mark, what's the sense of having a sled with 850 power if it won’t hook up? Yes, I know, you'll say: "Shut up and just stud the track!"

But what about all those riders who don't want a studded track or furthermore, don't want to spend the hundreds of dollars required to do it? Ski-Doo's factory studded 1.5 Ice-Ripper on this 137-incher is the perfect solution.

Not to mention all the goodness of running-board-mounted damping and preload adjustment, a pDrive roller clutch pairing and, oh yes, rMotion!

If you're as wise as you tell everyone you are, this should have been your choice.

- Kent

2 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

I think Im going to snowcheck me a new XCR ah fiddy come spring.

Just make sure you do your research and check that thing over real good and make sure there's no chinese parts on that sled. :news: :bc:

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, snoughnut said:

Just make sure you do your research and check that thing over real good and make sure there's no chinese parts on that sled. :news: :bc:

IM sure their is some. But Ill wear my American made jeans and boots when I go in to buy it. If ya want I can also mumble some bullshit about greedy businessmen on the way in.

7 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

IM sure their is some. But Ill wear my American made jeans and boots when I go in to buy it. If ya want I can also mumble some bullshit about greedy businessmen on the way in.

Except you wouldn't be bullshitting, you'd be telling the truth. 

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

That's the way Im leaning. They are faster.

It’s just an amazing rear skid with the way you can control significant transfer with very little body English. Just wish they came with QS3s instead of the junk walkers

Just now, f7ben said:

It’s just an amazing rear skid with the way you can control significant transfer with very little body English. Just wish they came with QS3s instead of the junk walkers

the velocity shocks on the XCR are pretty good actually

5 minutes ago, Snake said:

QS3 on my Winder are sweet.

Just now, ACE said:

It’s seriously a very nice riding and handling sled 

I could just instantly feel how well valved and properly sprung the qs3 on Brian’s sled were. Really perfection in a shock. The exact opposite of the walkers