Check your account email address ×

whats the point of having 600 ACE turbo?

This has me perplexed , we already got 900 NA making low 90s HP but a little birdie told me that BRP for 2021 will have a turbo on a fucking 600 ACE motor , make no sense other than BRP being bunch of faggots. and another thing I am being told is no more 600 2S carbs for 2021. 

Edited by Beavis and Butt-Head

2 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Is this the mid season release #2 that's supposed to be hitting the dealer floors next week? 

Shit, no I didn't hear about that LOL, you mean there is something else besides Summit 850E Turbo as midseason model?  the one I was told is for 2021. 

8 minutes ago, Beavis and Butt-Head said:

This has me perplexed , we already got 900 NA making low 90s HP but a little birdie told me that BRP for 2021 will have a turbo on a fucking 600 ACE motor , make no sense other than BRP being bunch of faggots. and another thing I am being told is no more 600 2S carbs for 2021. 

What in the bloody fuck would they build something like that for 

2 minutes ago, Beavis and Butt-Head said:

Shit, no I didn't hear about that LOL, you mean there is something else besides Summit 850E Turbo as midseason model?  the one I was told is for 2021. 

Supposedly there's another mid season release coming to dealers next week for us flat landers. 

My guess is a 129" 900t  Either called the MachZ or Mach1. Maybe just MXZ XRS 900t 

• Like 1

Just now, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Supposedly there's another mid season release coming to dealers next week for us flat landers. 

My guess is a 129" 900t  Either called the MachZ or Mach1. Maybe just MXZ XRS 900t 

holyshit, that do be sweet. they need to have it in 129"!  people say you cant tell the difference between 129 / 137" but I can especially on low snow days, for me perfect day would be having both 129 and 146" sleds depending on the conditions, etc. 

1 hour ago, Beavis and Butt-Head said:

It makes sense to me. There’s a big gap between the 90 hp 900 and the 160hp 900T. A 600T with 120hp and 30lbs lighter than the 900T sounds nice and I bet they’d sell a lot.

I don’t see it happening though. Doo seems to have on hard on for the off trail market.

Edited by rump-rider

Just now, rump-rider said:

It makes sense to me. There’s a big gap between the 90 hp 900 and the 160hp 900T. A 600T with 120hp and 30lbs lighter than the 900T sounds nice and I bet they’d sell a lot.

It wouldn’t be 120hp

it would be roughly 100 at best

11 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

A turbo 600 ACE with 90HP.  That would be bad ass.  

It would be reliable,great on fuel but at a price point IMO they'd be shooting themselves in the foot. The two models in the 2-stroke (carb) Renegade and MXZ Sport are the cheapest ones they sell and are reliable,good on fuel, 105hp and they sell a ton of them here

Edited by smokin george

1 minute ago, smokin george said:

It would be reliable,great on fuel but at a price point IMO they'd be shooting themselves in the foot. The two models in the 2-stroke (carb) Renegade and MXZ Sport are the cheapest ones they sell and are reliable,good on fuel, 105hp and they sell a ton of them here

The 2 stroke carb is going away. Probably looking to replace it with the 600t.

11 hours ago, rump-rider said:

I don’t see it happening though. Doo seems to have on hard on for the off trail market.

they should it's the segment thats growing.  

8 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

they should it's the segment thats growing.  

Just a fad. Most people that buy them are really just trail riders trying to be cool. Once the coolness wears off and their 3” tracks start falling apart after running on ice all year they’ll sell them.

And as far as the real off trailers...unless they’ve gone up to the chic chocs, their seasons just getting started this weekend. Pretty hard for most people to justify that.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Beavis and Butt-Head said:

holyshit, that do be sweet. they need to have it in 129"! 

people say you cant tell the difference between 129 / 137" but I can especially on low snow days,

for me perfect day would be having both 129 and 146" sleds depending on the conditions, etc. 

That's just a guess. But yea people want that 900t in a 129"

Oh you can definitely tell the difference between a 129" and 137". I'll take the 129" any day for strictly trails. 

I didn't think I'd ever go back to anything shorter than a 137", til I rode a couple of G4 MXZs 

Doo ditching the 600 carb is a big mistake IMO if they are going to do that.  You just pushed a bunch of people out of buying news sleds who can only afford an entry level sled. 

Edited by SVT MXZ XRS

12 hours ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

That's just a guess. But yea people want that 900t in a 129"

Oh you can definitely tell the difference between a 129" and 137". I'll take the 129" any day for strictly trails. 

I didn't think I'd ever go back to anything shorter than a 137", til I rode a couple of G4 MXZs 

Doo ditching the 600 carb is a big mistake IMO if they are going to do that.  You just pushed a bunch of people out of buying news sleds who can only afford an entry level sled. 

The carb"d 600"s have been around forever and one of their most reliable motors. We've been running them for years, got decent gas mileage except for the 03 Rev 600HO and never had a problem with any of them. The dealer had 5 leftover Renegade Sport 600"s and sold them for $8200 Cdn. They need a cheap sled as not everybody wants to spend $13K or more

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, smokin george said:

The carb"d 600"s have been around forever and one of their most reliable motors. We've been running them for years, got decent gas mileage except for the 03 Rev 600HO and never had a problem with any of them. The dealer had 5 leftover Renegade Sport 600"s and sold them for $8200 Cdn. They need a cheap sled as not everybody wants to spend $13K or more

Yep. Not a smart move on their part IMO.