Check your account email address ×

USXC Results from this weekend

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

motor is competitive and the alpha is selling . they can ez toss 40cc in to the mix if need be .

I assume a new cast bulkhead is around the corner for ez of production at minn and move some arms to call it a new chassis 

They need to go actual DI and they need to completely redo the retarded cowling design that fucks up the ergos

44 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

yeah sell a product in need of a lot of bolt on stuff to bring it to snuff 

Whatever they are selling the shit out if it. And really they are making quality stuff. 

1 hour ago, hayward said:

Buddy just bought a new cat 800.  Claims to have heard 9 dealerships quit selling cats this year because of Textron.  Me thinks this ain't gonna end well.

Cat has been shedding dealers for years due to just horrific management practices. I’m in the hope that Textron just decided to “band aid it off” and start close to scratch.

Thats my hope but, their actions and why they have said has been a bit suspect to me.  Well all see this year. No new racers means no new development...stick a fork.

We should all hope that’s not going to happen.  Two choices means we are gonna suck it.

48 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

they say they sold more snowchecks last yr than all sleds the year before .

could be the plan only build what is ordered . guys are already getting there snowcheck 21s out west 

I hope so.  I see that being a good platform if it works....and they are telling the truth.  They also need to open up the menu to consumers ordering their sleds.  Tracks, plastics. skis, etc... basically, they should let consumers go a’ la carte and allow them to build their sled the way they want.  Do a discount on parts direct in lieu of warranty.  There’s a lot they can do I think to keep their core customers happy.

34 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Cat has been shedding dealers for years due to just horrific management practices. I’m in the hope that Textron just decided to “band aid it off” and start close to scratch.

Thats my hope but, their actions and why they have said has been a bit suspect to me.  Well all see this year. No new racers means no new development...stick a fork.

We should all hope that’s not going to happen.  Two choices means we are gonna suck it.

I hope so.  I see that being a good platform if it works....and they are telling the truth.  They also need to open up the menu to consumers ordering their sleds.  Tracks, plastics. skis, etc... basically, they should let consumers go a’ la carte and allow them to build their sled the way they want.  Do a discount on parts direct in lieu of warranty.  There’s a lot they can do I think to keep their core customers happy.

They need to innovate or leave the game.

Skidoo and Polaris are making sleds that are 10x better than cat in every measure. Cat needs to step up

12 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Skidoo and Polaris are making sleds that are 10x better than cat in every measure. Cat needs to step up

They need to re-Inage themselves a bit and dedicate to the snow side.  Their sleds are fine.

Just now, Zambroski said:

Yes, you are correct.  I severely understated their sleds.

Yes.....you should have stated. Their sleds are the fucking apex of this decade. 5 years past long in the tooth

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

They did innovate.  To pass epa standards.  Meanwhile, the price of all these sleds went through the damn roof to the tune of no common man can afford them anymore.

1 minute ago, hayward said:

They did innovate.  To pass epa standards.  Meanwhile, the price of all these sleds went through the damn roof to the tune of no common man can afford them anymore.

No shit. Up to 20k now for a fucking plastic toy most can only pray they are able to use at least three months a year?  LOL!  Thank god for financing!

9 hours ago, Zambroski said:

No shit. Up to 20k now for a fucking plastic toy most can only pray they are able to use at least three months a year?  LOL!  Thank god for financing!

Fuck financing.

If I can't pay for my sled I ain't owning one.

Pay 9 months a year on a toy you can't use....???

10 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Fuck financing.

If I can't pay for my sled I ain't owning one.

Pay 9 months a year on a toy you can't use....???

So few pay cash for anything anymore.  All most care about are easy monthly payments.  That’s one big reason why all vehicles are ridiculously expensive.  Cash is no longer king.  Financing terms are much more valuable.  

7 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

Somebody got a shot of Zam at the race this weekend.  No wonder he was pretty quiet about it.  

Ouch.  That’ll bruise his pride a tad.  Mine was more violent tho.

20 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Being it was the only way to get a 20 cat, I have no doubts.

Indeed.  This is some shabby and shameful self promotion.  Just dumb really.  Textron doesn’t appear to know shit about their newly acquired snow side of things....and even worse, doesn’t seem to care.  How wonderful.  I’m sensing them wanting to bring back Mr. Home Depot again.  It’s should all work out nicely!!!

13 hours ago, Kev144 said:

Unfortunately cat is in need of a major life line. I'd hate to lose a brand bur dealers are folding here and it really feels like the writing is on the wall.   Who knows what yammy will do b

I had a dealer tell me he’d be surprised if cat is still in the business in a couple years. And this is coming from a guy that sells cats. :lol: 

1 minute ago, Edmo said:

I had a dealer tell me he’d be surprised if cat is still in the business in a couple years. And this is coming from a guy that sells cats. :lol: 

Yeah but, I’ve been hearing this for ten years.  It has become a bit of a self fulfilling prophecy.

This year will spell it out with Textron’s decisions for sure though.  Poor decisions (seeming likely based on their idiotic one banger hoop-la) and many of us Cat fans will be on another brand next season.  It’s over.

2 hours ago, Edmo said:

Cat guys are a loyal bunch, a company with a loyal base like that should really being doing better. 

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

and a  unmatched deep snow skid 

I have no idea really and would never need anything like that. The days I may have been interested in mountain riding are behind me. My next sled is going to be a trail shredder. If Cat can produce something worthy I will give them a look. 

2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah but, I’ve been hearing this for ten years.  It has become a bit of a self fulfilling prophecy.

This year will spell it out with Textron’s decisions for sure though.  Poor decisions (seeming likely based on their idiotic one banger hoop-la) and many of us Cat fans will be on another brand next season.  It’s over.

they are still spending big money on a dealer only show this yr. my bud is working it again this yr . if you were pulling the plug why spend the money for a whole lodge and choppers and the works ? if new shit is comming this is where it will be lime last yrs new 800