Check your account email address ×

Largest Veterans organization demands apology after Trump said traumatic brain injuries from Iranian attack are 'not very serious'

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

Oh I see. This is all about you having  to be recognized as having it worse than others. Now it all makes sense. This is all about YOU 

yeah you mean like you laughing about blunt trauma football-related injuries all to prove that Trump's an a****** you mean kind of like that? 

Here let me help you out a little bit Grandma The reason I bring it up is that's the reason I'm interested is the reason I've learned a little bit about it It's the reason I want to learn more It's also the reason that I've never read anything that you're saying anywhere and also the same reason that you're trying to act like a f****** medical doctor now :lol2:

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Link?

http://www.neurolaw.com/traumatic-brain-injury/minor-traumatic-brain-injury/

GRADES OF CONCUSSION

There is no standard classification system for concussions. Four of the leading researchers in head injuries maintain their own classification system. The symptoms of each degree of concussion are often very similar, and one can be confused when accessing a head injury.

Concussions can be divided into five grades:

Grade 0: results when the head is struck or moved rapidly. It is characterized by a post injury headache and difficulty with concentration. The athlete may not notice any other symptoms.

Grade 1: concussions occur in the same manner but the athlete may appear stunned or dazed. There is no loss of consciousness (LOC), and sensory difficulties clear in less than one minute. Grade 1 concussions are the typical I got my bell rung description from the athlete.

Grade 2: concussions are characterized by headache, cloudy senses lasting longer than one minute, and no LOC. The athlete may have other symptoms including, tinnitus, amnesia, irritability, confusion, or dizziness. One, all or none of these symptoms could be present.

Grade 3: concussions are characterized by LOC of less than one minute, the athlete will not be comatose, and exhibit the same symptoms as a grade 2 concussion.

Grade 4: concussions are characterized by LOC of greater than one minute. The athlete will not be comatose, and will also exhibit the symptoms of the grade 2 and 3 concussions.

8 minutes ago, washedupmxer said:

yeah you mean like you laughing about blunt trauma football-related injuries all to prove that Trump's an a****** you mean kind of like that? 

Here let me help you out a little bit Grandma The reason I bring it up is that's the reason I'm interested is the reason I've learned a little bit about it It's the reason I want to learn more It's also the reason that I've never read anything that you're saying anywhere and also the same reason that you're trying to act like a f****** medical doctor now :lol2:

I apologize for my last post to you. It was clearly over the line and totally unwarranted. Head injuries are a serious matter no matter how they’re received. They create untold suffering. I took this too far. I’m sorry. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

http://www.neurolaw.com/traumatic-brain-injury/minor-traumatic-brain-injury/

GRADES OF CONCUSSION

There is no standard classification system for concussions. Four of the leading researchers in head injuries maintain their own classification system. The symptoms of each degree of concussion are often very similar, and one can be confused when accessing a head injury.

Concussions can be divided into five grades:

Grade 0: results when the head is struck or moved rapidly. It is characterized by a post injury headache and difficulty with concentration. The athlete may not notice any other symptoms.

Grade 1: concussions occur in the same manner but the athlete may appear stunned or dazed. There is no loss of consciousness (LOC), and sensory difficulties clear in less than one minute. Grade 1 concussions are the typical I got my bell rung description from the athlete.

Grade 2: concussions are characterized by headache, cloudy senses lasting longer than one minute, and no LOC. The athlete may have other symptoms including, tinnitus, amnesia, irritability, confusion, or dizziness. One, all or none of these symptoms could be present.

Grade 3: concussions are characterized by LOC of less than one minute, the athlete will not be comatose, and exhibit the same symptoms as a grade 2 concussion.

Grade 4: concussions are characterized by LOC of greater than one minute. The athlete will not be comatose, and will also exhibit the symptoms of the grade 2 and 3 concussions.

LOL #1 search response.

https://www.google.com/search?q=types.of.concussikns&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari#sbfbu=1&pi=types.of.concussikns

Are There Different Types of ConcussionsConcussions are graded as mild (grade 1), moderate (grade 2), or severe (grade 3), depending on such factors as loss of consciousness, amnesia, and loss of equilibrium. In a grade 1 concussion, symptoms last for less

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

LOL #1 search response.

https://www.google.com/search?q=types.of.concussikns&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari#sbfbu=1&pi=types.of.concussikns

Are There Different Types of ConcussionsConcussions are graded as mild (grade 1), moderate (grade 2), or severe (grade 3), depending on such factors as loss of consciousness, amnesia, and loss of equilibrium. In a grade 1 concussion, symptoms last for less

further down the page on your link, From the Mayo Clinic:

Common injuries that cause concussions include falls or other direct hits to the head, car accidents and blast injuries from explosions. These injuries can affect the brain in different ways and cause different types of concussions.

Just now, frenchy said:

further down the page on your link, From the Mayo Clinic:

Common injuries that cause concussions include falls or other direct hits to the head, car accidents and blast injuries from explosions. These injuries can affect the brain in different ways and cause different types of concussions.

Still fit into the three categories though (3-severe).  Every category has different Sub-levels.

8 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Still fit into the three categories though (3-severe).  Every category has different Sub-levels.

I posted it more because it backed up what Spin was saying. I could care less about how many categories there are.

1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

I apologize for my last post to you. It was clearly over the line and totally unwarranted. Head injuries are a serious matter no matter how they’re received. They create untold suffering. I took this too far. I’m sorry. 

Absolutely no reason to apologize. But I appreciate it 

• Like 1

My oldest grandson, Ezra 11, was removed from the second to last game of the season this year due to Pop Warner concussion protocol.  

Third quarter his team was up 12 to 6.  Up to that point they had never led the score in any game the whole season.  Ezra made a TD saving open field tackle.  It was a clean tackle from the side, something he had done 25 times this season.  Ezra popped up and started back to the huddle and stumbled a little on his first couple of steps.  Opposing team coach and ref saw him stumble and threw the concussion protocol flag.  He appeared to be fine but our coach talked with Ezra, and decided to take him out of the game.  Ez took a good hit in the tackle but he spoke and performed the sideline concussion tests fine.  Ref said PW rules require him get a doctors permission to return to pads and he gets a 2 game suspension.  All part of fairly new PW concussion protocol.  

Ez was so upset.  He had worked harder than any other kid on the team all year long.  Scored 4 of the 5 TD's the team got this year.  He had over 25 tackles and dozen more assists.  He absolutely loved football.  He was so upset that the opposing coach and ref could through out the Concussion Protocol for what he considered a simple stumble on the field.  

Anyway.  Concussions and TBI is serious business.  IMO we should invest more money studying this and developing better more sophisticated tools to determine the extent of the injury.  From what I read today there is some good technology being used but the more we know and understand about TBI the better.  

7 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

oh look toolkit Barbie showing his toolkit level  self awaness again 

Awaness?   You must be the dumbest piece of shit on here. Did you ride the short bus to school or is this from a TBI?

1 minute ago, revkevsdi said:

You're so dumb you think typing a sentence without a spelling mistake is clever. 

That's why you love Trump and hate Democrats. 

it is obvious you try so had yet can't see you pathetic you are 

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

yes it really is. yet like always you are oblivious as to why . 

I have no idea what makes you tick but I find it hilarious that on a discussion about TBI's you type as though you suffer from one. 

Just now, revkevsdi said:

I have no idea what makes you tick but I find it hilarious that on a discussion about TBI's you type as though you suffer from one. 

and agin I say I know my spelling is shit always have . but you actualy think you are smart and clever .