Check your account email address ×

Some administration officials believe Iran intentionally missed areas with Americans

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Of course its not the only case.   Ever hear of the war between the USSR and Afghanistan?

I'm not nor have I ever made the case we are completely innocent nor do I fall that the likes of Iran is either.  

You mean the war where we trained and armed Osama and Al Quaeda? No tell us about it... Hey I get it you like playing game of international bad guys and what we should do to them. Bottom line is this is a war over oil and we need to get control of it for our leaders Israeli and Saudi masters. If you think its worth the financial costs and the human costs then send your kids there. Otherwise dont be so ready to send others to do it. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Anler said:

You mean the war where we trained and armed Osama and Al Quaeda? No tell us about it... Hey I get it you like playing game of international bad guys and what we should do to them. Bottom line is this is a war over oil and we need to get control of it for our leaders Israeli and Saudi masters. If you think its worth the financial costs and the human costs then send your kids there. Otherwise dont be so ready to send others to do it. 

Jesus you are as dense as Ben.   Show me where I want conflict or war?   I simply said with Soleinami's past alone taking him out was justifiable.   No different than OBL.  

I've been stating on here for years to end our deployment EVERYWHERE in the world however that doesn't mean we stop protecting ourselves. 

Just now, Highmark said:

Jesus you are as dense as Ben.   Show me where I want conflict or war?   I simply said with Soleinami's past alone taking him out was justifiable.   No different than OBL.  

I've been stating on here for years to end our deployment EVERYWHERE in the world however that doesn't mean we stop protecting ourselves. 

You are adamant at condemning Iran and excusing every action taken against them. Wtf are you trying to say then? 

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

They are brilliant.  Terrorist have been jerking our chain for decades now and they win because of the division,  reduction of personal freedoms and the trillions spent fighting them.  

Of course this only works for them if they can continue to run a proxy war on someone else's soil. They start to Target and kill Americans with ordinance launched from inside their borders and the gig is up.

20 minutes ago, Anler said:

You are adamant at condemning Iran and excusing every action taken against them. Wtf are you trying to say then? 

Every action?   We killed one very bad dude and have placed sanctions on them.   Iran would have zero sanctions on them if they simply stopped supporting terrorism and killing us and our allies.   Prior to Soleinami I can't think of one military action we have taken against them since the failed hostage rescue.  

Edited by Highmark

16 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Every action?   We killed one very bad dude and have placed sanctions on them.   Iran would have zero sanctions on them if they simply stopped supporting terrorism and killing us and our allies.   Prior to Soleinami I can't think of one military action we have taken against them since the failed hostage rescue.  

I mean we did shoot down one of their airliners with one of our Navy ships in their own airspace...

1 minute ago, GGNHL said:

I mean we did shoot down one of their airliners with one of our Navy ships in their own airspace...

That was really bad but I'd hardly say it was intentional.   We paid each passengers family around $215K.   A lot back then but nothing can bring those people back.

Just now, Highmark said:

That was really bad but I'd hardly say it was intentional.   We paid each passengers family around $215K.   A lot back then but nothing can bring those people back.

Yeah like a decade later after a bunch of court proceedings. After us overthrowing their democraticly elected government in the 1950s they have every reason to hate us, they were a pretty westernized country then, now it's a large percentage of religious zealots who keep power by pounding their chest and uniting the country towards a common enemy(us) instead of allowing fractures in the populance to grow and they eventually moderate on their own.

Just now, GGNHL said:

Yeah like a decade later after a bunch of court proceedings. After us overthrowing their democraticly elected government in the 1950s they have every reason to hate us, they were a pretty westernized country then, now it's a large percentage of religious zealots who keep power by pounding their chest and uniting the country towards a common enemy(us) instead of allowing fractures in the populance to grow and they eventually moderate on their own.

Reagan immediately issued a formal apology.   Again not enough but we admitted quite quickly of the horrendous mistake.   Unfortunately the Captain did not face the consequences he deserved.  

According to the Iranian government, the cruiser negligently shot down the aircraft, which was transmitting IFF squawks in Mode III, a signal that identified it as a civilian aircraft, and not Mode II as used by Iranian military aircraft.[8][9] The event generated a great deal of criticism of the United States. Some analysts blamed the captain of Vincennes, William C. Rogers III, for overly-aggressive behavior in a tense and dangerous environment.[7][10] In the days immediately following the incident, US President Ronald Reagan issued a written diplomatic note to the Iranian government, expressing deep regret.[11]

In 1996, the governments of the United States and Iran reached a settlement at the International Court of Justice which included the statement "...the United States recognized the aerial incident of 3 July 1988 as a terrible human tragedy and expressed deep regret over the loss of lives caused by the incident..."[12] As part of the settlement, even though the U.S. government did not admit legal liability or formally apologize to Iran, it still agreed to pay US$61.8 million on an ex gratia basis, amounting to $213,103.45 per passenger, in compensation to the families of the Iranian victims.[13]

4 minutes ago, GGNHL said:

They were westernized under the Shah.....everything since has been because of the religious zealots.   The people did not need to let it become a theocracy.   That is what cost them their rights.   What would Iran and the ME be today if they ousted the Shah and established a democracy?   Well if that is even possible in some countries.

Edited by Highmark