Check your account email address ×

Octane bootht

Rod

5 minutes ago, Legend said:

I don’t use any additives at all. No stabil, sea foam, fitch, octane boost. 
Never ever had a problem. I have 3 Polaris 800’s, one of the most unreliable sled engines of the decade. 

It’s all snake oil. 2strokes aren’t rocket science but yet so many people fail to properly care for them.

Octane boost isn’t snake oil. Just if you don’t need it then there’s no point 

• Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, Kev144 said:

If I recall from a chemist that eth gas has a shelf life of about a month until phase separation occurs where you get water in gas.   Eth free gas has a much longer life. 

yep, I always have some around in cans for generator ect. $th week it gets dumped in a truck and refilled.

2 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

If I recall from a chemist that eth gas has a shelf life of about a month until phase separation occurs where you get water in gas.   Eth free gas has a much longer life. 

Eth gas is shit, fuck corn.

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, Anler said:

I have used stabil, right now i like the sea foam. But with the Fitch drop ins you arent supposed to need any of that and they tell you not to use it. put one in your can for the yard equip and snow blower. 2 in the sled. 

That there isn't the storage stabil. IT,s for stuff like generators boats , Shit that will not sit all season but only gets used occasionally

1 hour ago, Kev144 said:

I try to only put 91 eth free gas in my sled. Not always doable but some gas stations in the north will run or switch to eth free 91 in the winter. 

Hard to get in some places.  Locally some.olaces down here just started carrying it.  But it's way higher than 93 

1 hour ago, Anler said:

If you leave gas sitting in the carbs or tank it goes bad. You never had to clean a carb with the greenies in it or all varnished up? 

I've never run stabil or anything else ever before and never had any issues.  Run gas as low as possible and rhen run engine til it quits. Add fresh fuel when ready to use again and fires right up.  I've never fogged an engine or used summerizing mode on my Etec. No issues. Read lots about sleds running like complete shit after doing it and told by several mechaica not to do it.  

1 hour ago, ACE said:

Octane boost isn’t snake oil. Just if you don’t need it then there’s no point 

Exactly

1 hour ago, Anler said:

Eth gas is shit, fuck corn.

Sept_ScandalGifs_LittleGirl.gif_cf.gif.d100dfccd30607be4ce4e33eae406c24.gif

Wrong 

1 hour ago, ACE said:

Falce e85 makes more power than gasoline 

Exactly 

1 hour ago, Anler said:

Not in a standard engine. 

You can't run e85 without tuning for it 

1 hour ago, ACE said:

Yes it still does 

It's amazing the horsepower increases with just tuning for e85.  Especially in cars with boost. 

4 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Hard to get in some places.  Locally some.olaces down here just started carrying it.  But it's way higher than 93 

I've never run stabil or anything else ever before and never had any issues.  Run gas as low as possible and rhen run engine til it quits. Add fresh fuel when ready to use again and fires right up.  I've never fogged an engine or used summerizing mode on my Etec. No issues. Read lots about sleds running like complete shit after doing it and told by several mechaica not to do it.  

Exactly

Sept_ScandalGifs_LittleGirl.gif_cf.gif.d100dfccd30607be4ce4e33eae406c24.gif

Wrong 

Exactly 

You can't run e85 without tuning for it 

It's amazing the horsepower increases with just tuning for e85.  Especially in cars with boost. 

Boost yeah,  cause you can crank the boost 

it still makes gains in NA cars because it’s loaded with oxygen.  DI 6.2 chevie picks up around 30 rwhp with an e85 tune 

3 minutes ago, ACE said:

Boost yeah,  cause you can crank the boost 

it still makes gains in NA cars because it’s loaded with oxygen.  DI 6.2 chevie picks up around 30 rwhp with an e85 tune 

Only if your engine is optimized for increased efficiency (higher compression/ advanced timing) and a higher octane is needed. 

A gallon of ethanol contains less energy than a gallon of gasoline, resulting in lower fuel economy when operating your vehicle. The impact to fuel economy varies depending on the energy difference in the blend used. For example, E85 that contains 83% ethanol content has about 27% less energy per gallon than gasoline (the impact to fuel economy lessens as ethanol content decreases). Engines in gasoline vehicles, including flexible-fuel vehicles (FFVs), are optimized for gasoline. If they were optimized to run on higher ethanol blends, fuel economy would likely increase as a result of increased engine efficiency.

Just now, Anler said:

Only if your engine is optimized for increased efficiency (higher compression/ advanced timing) and a higher octane is needed. 

Yes e85 has less energy per unit,  but it has a lot more 02 which puts its stoich Around 9:1 resulting in a net power gain because you can run more units per cycle. 

3 minutes ago, ACE said:

Yes e85 has less energy per unit,  but it has a lot more 02 which puts its stoich Around 9:1 resulting in a net power gain because you can run more units per cycle. 

So in summation that octane boost just made your 148hp Cat 800 a 141hp sled! Congrats! 

4 hours ago, Anler said:

except if you dont have high compression the higher octane will make you slower... 

2 hours ago, XCR1250 said:

Absolutely fact

1 hour ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Lol no 

:owned: