Check your account email address ×

Even with tax hikes and military spending cuts free shit isn’t free

BOHICA

• Platinum Contributing Member
52 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

Why would rates go up when the economy was so bad under Obama?

Trump complained rates were too low for Obama while saying how bad the economy was, then brags about how great his economy is and wants rate cuts. Makes sense right?

But when the fed was against cutting and Trump wanted them to, you said it was in reaction to the world economy.

Trump and the right are spending more and raising the deficit faster than Obama did.  The left certainly would spend I'm 100% sure of it but not likely they would spend more than the right is now under Trump.

Because they were too low to begin with.

It was reaction to other countries manipulating currency against our already strong dollar.

No they are not and yes they would.   Just look at the programs the left is promoting. 

4 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Because they were too low to begin with.

It was reaction to other countries manipulating currency against our already strong dollar.

No they are not and yes they would.   Just look at the programs the left is promoting. 

The world economy came back to life in 2017, record emerging markets, and currency manipulation was being done for many years prior too.  History says otherwise, and promoting and doing are 2 different things. Cutting the debt and deficit, getting out of the ME, to name a few things that were promoted, how did that work out?

1 hour ago, 1jkw said:

The world economy came back to life in 2017, record emerging markets, and currency manipulation was being done for many years prior too.  History says otherwise, and promoting and doing are 2 different things. Cutting the debt and deficit, getting out of the ME, to name a few things that were promoted, how did that work out?

The world economy did fine but the us was a driver and that doesn't look to be changing any time soon.

5 hours ago, 1jkw said:

Why would rates go up when the economy was so bad under Obama?

Trump complained rates were too low for Obama while saying how bad the economy was, then brags about how great his economy is and wants rate cuts. Makes sense right?

But when the fed was against cutting and Trump wanted them to, you said it was in reaction to the world economy.

Trump and the right are spending more and raising the deficit faster than Obama did.  The left certainly would spend I'm 100% sure of it but not likely they would spend more than the right is now under Trump.

true but remember who holds the purse . in case you don't know it is the house.  and I would be 100% ok with shutting down the Fed with zero back pay for as long as it takes to cut spending by at least 20% to start 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ez ryder said:

true but remember who holds the purse . in case you don't know it is the house.  and I would be 100% ok with shutting down the Fed with zero back pay for as long as it takes to cut spending by at least 20% to start 

Remember who has the veto pen, also remember who held the purse  before.

8 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

guy was a dem for 30 yrs before becoming a Republican of opertunity what do you expect 

And the Republicans controlled the purse from 2011 to 2018, and look what we got.

42 minutes ago, Anler said:

Hey let's not pretend any of you care about the debt or deficit, mkay?

Nope, trump is a big disappointment when it comes  to spending, his gun control shit sucks too. 

the whole so called budget needs to be slashed.

Edited by Sleepr2